Sign in to follow this  

Frigging Spyware and Viruses

I am just plain sick of it now...

I am getting pop ups that install viruses and crappy spyware. It happens quite often on 'dodgy sites', but... heres my story...

I deleted my partition, re-installed a new version of windows, all software is completly legal. I setup up my firewall and antivirus. I set my internet up, log on to google, go straight to the Microsoft website for updates and 'BOOM' i get crappy little pop ups offering me ringtones. Then my pc decides to restart whenever it feels like beacuse i have the 'sobig' virus. Why...

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????????????????

Please give me a decent solution, or comfort me with similar problems that your experiencing...

I had a similar problem recently.

I did a full reformat. It takes a while reloading everything but it was worth it, PC runs like a dream now.

As long as you have the XP discs you can do this.

we used that.

It still let summat in.

My hard drive's whirring away quite happily, somethings looking round it.

I have adaware, Zonealarm and Antivirus. I have windows firewall on, I have blocked all ports and have my definitions uptodate.

I blame IE for it. I have downloaded Mozilla - Firefox now, and so far so good...

I am going to beat them, without getting a mac!

Same story. I used to spend my weekends scrubbing the hard disks of viruses, parasites and godknows what else. I ended up disabling Internet Explorer and loading Mozilla/Firefox. No problems since.