Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 cars in London

Bernie Ecclestone I believe has mooted the possibility of holding a grand prix through the streets of central London a la Monaco.

Sounds a good idea to me! Not sure about the congestion charge tho .. :P

Aargh. Why does everything have to be in bloody London??? What's so special about it that no other city in the UK gets any special events??? Soon they will rename England as London State, and we will forever lose our regional cultural independence...

Personally, I think it's an excellent idea, but I bet the locals will be none too pleased with road closures and congestion etc. I'm guessing they will have to deactivate all those speed cameras otherwise it would be chaos lol. Besides, if they pull this off then it's summat else to put on our praise sheet for the Olympic bid.

I don't understand why it's a good idea... What's the problem with our existing racetrack... Why no run the race through the streets of brum or manc??? What IS so great about London??? (and I speak as an F1 fanatic) :loopy:

In my opinion, there's nothing that great about London and it's just like any other UK city apart from a bit bigger. Maybe they chose London as they feel it's a bit more glamorous than the likes of Birmingham and Manchester and will be likely to attract larger crowds.

They could give it a go here in Sheff.Think about all the one way streets they would have to incorperate.

But then again,F1 cars have very delicate suspension systems........

Originally posted by uncleheed

They could give it a go here in Sheff.Think about all the one way streets they would have to incorperate.

But then again,F1 cars have very delicate suspension systems........

I was gonna say that the pot holes here in Sheffield would completely swallow a F1 car :D

They're not potholes,they're more like the top of a volcano!

Maybe they could just get Schumacher to drive the buses... speed up the service!!

But seriously, why waste money creating a city-circuit when the tracks we have are regarded so well by the drivers?

Silverstone is well loved by the drivers,but it is a dump.I went about 4 years ago,and it was the messiest place i had evr seen.Even Bernie Eccleston has told the authourities to clean up the place if they want to keep the races there.

Not only is it a mess,the parking is shocking.

It took me nearly 3 hours to get out of the circuit car park,to the road.

A bit of a coincidence that London gets short listed for 2012 Olympic games and then all of a sudden they decide to try and hold a race through the centre of London. Erm?!

Surely you must know by now that London is the centre of the universe according to any branch of the media