Long distance walkers

Hello

Any 1 know of any folk round here that regularly go on long distance walks.. esp in the peak district area??

Many thanx

Dave

Hello

Any 1 know of any folk round here that regularly go on long distance walks.. esp in the peak district area??

Many thanx

Dave

Hi Dave

How far is 'long distance' in your book? 15-20 miles? Or 20- 30? And over what sort of terrain are you looking for? And, by 'long distance', do you mean putting a long distance between the starting and finishing points (eg, chunks of the Pennine Way) or walking a long distance but ending up back at the car?

This topic didn't seem to get far! Pity, it has appeal... I'm a lapsed walker who is missing it terribly... I've done lots of long walks in the Peak, White and Dark (but much prefer the latter - hate navigating on low land and negotiating with vicious bovines in fields!)

I'm minded to believe that most of the young bucks are not up to long distance walking these days. If they were I would meet them whilst out walking my short walks. I usually stop to have a quick chat whilst on my travels and I do not meet any long distance walkers these days.

A popular long distance walk in my days was the 'Four Inns Walk' in the Peak District.

Has anyone completed this recently or is it still walked?.

Whats the farthest anyone has ever walked ONE WAY??

I think i have walked a good mile @ least (Not sure though)

Well i did walk 35 miles in 2 days last in July with 24kilo backpack, but it wasn't in the UK. :)

The most I have walked in one day is 16 miles.

16 miles??

Congrats,i bet you were tired as anything after that!

I did the fridge and back about 50 times last Sunday, is that a record?

This year did the 3 Peaks over 2 days + driving 500 miles, approx distances/times below

Total walking miles = 24

Total ascent = 10,000 ft

Total walking time = 17 hours

Think this would be equivalent of 44 miles on the flat, oh I forgot plus 60 trips to the fridge :hihi:

Most in one day would probably be around 22-23 miles. Although I've done around 45 over three consecutive days

"Welsh 3s". all the 3000 foot mountains in North Wales. 35 Miles, 18 hours, 6 litres of water, and fish and chips at the end :-)

Derwent watershed and marsden to edale are two classic long distance walk that spring to my mind.

(edit: 3000 not 300!)