Where are the Chinese supermarkets in Sheffield?

hi everyone,

just wondered where are the chinese supermarkets in sheffield.

i know of tai sun at the top of the moor and the one on london road but heard that there was one near brammall lane. where is that and are there any others?

thanks

I don't know where the others are, but the one in London Road is great. The staff are lovely too.:)

This was some time ago, but there used to be one near the bus station - I forget the name of that street. Basically, it's a balcony above the street with a chippy, a cafe and some other shops. There was also a Chinese supermarket.

Like I say, this was a few years back and now I'm a furrrrriner. :)

/edit Is it Flat Street or Pond Street...oh no...I am forgetting my heritage. :(

i know of tai sun at the top of the moor and the one on london road but heard that there was one near brammall lane. where is that and are there any others?

thanks

the one on London Road *is* the one near Bramall Lane. Bramall Lane and London Road run parallell with each other

(actually there are a couple of chinese supermarkets on that strip of London Road)

The one near Pond St used to be Tai Sun. Which is the same one that is on Matilda (?) St now. The old sign is still there, but the actual shop have moved.

The one on London Rd is one of the oldest one in Sheffield, I think. It's now got a warehouse type shop near Sheffield Utd ground. (So that makes it 3 chinese supermarket. Actually, there are 4... ) I've forgotten which street it's on, but it's definitely on one side of the football ground, and it's near that kid's play centre. I've only been in there once. I don't think they have better stock than what u see in the one on London Rd.

NB: The 4th one, if it's still open...should be on London Rd too. But it's a left turn at the traffic light when you're at the Highfield Library. Apparently, it's still considered as London Rd.

[Added] The warehouse one is on John St. Just looked it up. I think this 'new' one is what you mean, isn't it ?

There's one off the Moor down Matilda street called Tai Sun. It's great in there!! map

is that the same tai sun supermarket, mentioned in the first post, by the original poster?

There is a chinese supermarket between London Rd and Brammal Lane. Above people have mentioned it. It is good in there. Its right next to the Forge student accommodation...I think it is Boston Street :S

do they sell pancakes in there?

Thai Panna is really good for Chinese and other Asian foods

Thai Panna is excellent for Chinese and other Asian foods

Been to see Jem there today.

Some chinese foods available and some malaysian foods as well.

Handy for IDD cards to call china, thailand, malaysia etc.

Using a Voda PAYG with stop the clock and the IDD card I can call Malaysian mobile numbers for a little over 25p an hour. (off peak)