Foreign sport channels / Alternitives to Sky Sports

Hi guys,

I have a pub and I am very upset with the ever increasing cost of showing Sky sport. Is there an alternative i.e Sweedish or Portugese channels. Which is best ? Can anybody help me ?

Thank you

[email protected]

Didier

There are pubs in my area (Liverpool) that show premiership matches on European channels. As far as I know it's legal, and they advertise it quite openly. I'm not sure how it works, but it's worth looking into. A pub in Sheffield showing Premiership games would get my vote.

I have a motorised dish which automatically goes to the satellite I wish to watch.

It has a radius of 35 degrees east to 40 degrees west and I can pick up all the satellites in that range which covers all of the European/African/Turkey and middle east satelittes.

I can pick up premiership football. I'm not sure if there would be issues with the pub trade though.

I watch premiership footy (when someone else is wacthing sky!) on http://www.soccerstreams.com they show all sky premiership games, and they also show 3pm saturday K/Os live. Obviously you can't hook this up to show it in a pub, but it may be helpful to look at the site in terms of finding out which channels show what. Basically the way the site works, it lists all the games that are being shown and gives you the link to live internet streaming of that channel. Many of them are on channels like ESPN from the US and from Asia, a lot of eastern european channels too. If you go to the site and click on 'upcoming' at the top of the page you will see what I mean. You'll have to register first but doesn't take long.

Thanks Jonesy,

I have just put a motorised satellite dish in my pub which allows me to capt arabic channels. On the first days of the start of the season we have live saturday afternoon matches including Liverpool V Spurs with English commentator. Really looking forward to it. Thank you for your help and maybe I'll see you in my pub.

Yeah Arabic channels show loads of stuff, also a lot of stuff on Asian channels, especially Japanese. Whereabouts is your pub by the way? I'm a Burton Albion fan coming to the university in september and we are on sky sometimes, in fact we're on September 4th against Carlisle. I hope that if we're on again whilst I'm at uni I will be able to find somewhere willing to show some conference footy, nudge nudge! :)