Sign in to follow this  

Congratulations to the Greek champions :D

Just watched Greece beat Portugal (again) in a Greek restaurant :D

What a result, what an atmosphere, what a team :)

The goalkeeper was outstanding, and so was the ref :thumbsup:

*feeling very proud to be (half) Greek*

Just by way of highlighting the importance of football in America, if you go to the sports section of msn.com (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3032113/) and scroll RIGHT DOWN to the bottom under the section "Other Sports" (LOL) you will see the story about the Euro 2004 final.

:lol: I'm surprised no-ones mentioned the Barcelona idiot of a fan that ran on to the pitch near the end, being chased by dozens of stewards and cops and then diving into the back of the net. I found it hilarious!

Yeah, that was the only way anything could find the back of that net :P

Surprised not one security guy managed to stop him before he made it all the way over there, but it was funny.

That was the funniest thing! He ran full speed into the net!! Haha!

The worrying thing is that if he was a crazed mentalist who wanted to stab one of the players or the ref, he would have easily done it!!

Mm, I think he threw a Barcelona scarf into Figo's face - that could easily have been a knife...

...but it wasn't, so it was funny :D

When watching UK football coverage, if someone invaded the pitch, the camera would look away, at the crowd or something. Not the Portuguese, they show a slow motion action replay from behind the goal to show the guy's face as he hits the net. Classic!

Originally posted by Andy78

When watching UK football coverage, if someone invaded the pitch, the camera would look away, at the crowd or something. Not the Portuguese, they show a slow motion action replay from behind the goal to show the guy's face as he hits the net. Classic!

LOL!:P That made me laugh Andy! very true.

Wasn't it good to see the look on his little face from every angle as he hit the net! LOL!