Would anyone be interested in a Forum Walking Group?

This follows on from a post by wendygs who found herself going for a walk around bakewell on her own and was advised that it would be better to go with company next time.

I'm now testing the water to see if anyone would be interested in a Walking Group. I would envisage people posting suggestions for routes, walks they had done in the past, new routes they fancied etc. We are talking Walking here, not route marching or fell running. I'd see it a chance to get out into the countryside, meet other forummers and be able to chat in a relaxed atmosphere.

I'd see it as an inclusive group, singles, couples, families, well behaved dogs welcome - but this may be discussed here.

Travel arrangements would also need to be ironed out as some people may be reliant on public transport / getting lifts or car sharing.

So any takers? Bearing in mind this is just an idea for the moment to gauge a level of interest.

Yes, I reckon that's a good idea. Count me in if it happens.

a great idea.

but its the hills that concern me.

but, if it will only be downhill, ill toddle along too :hihi:

I'd be up for it too.

I think it’s a great idea, links will with another thread on Sheffield’s woods :thumbsup:

My first post here and I'm definitely up for joining a walking group.Great idea.

My first post here and I'm definitely up for joining a walking group.Great idea.

ooh i can see u being an official mincer in the future :hihi:

dont be offended, its a good thing...

Yes, would be interested.

sounds great, can my dog come?

yeah i'd be interested too. There is a sheffield branch of the ramblers that meet regularly, but you have to be a member, and its quite pricey. Plus why should you have to pay to enjoy whats on your doorstep. The train goes to Edale and Grindleford etc so we could meet others who have cars there.