Arguement needs settling!- the right way to carry scissors

Does anyone know the correct way to carry a knife or scissors?

I have always been taught that you should hold it by the blade or point as this is the least way you are likely to stab yourself, or stab anyone else if you fall. I was taught this at both my primary & secondary school but my father in law says you should hold it by the handle.

i was always tought to hold them by the handle

Hold them by the handle but when you pass them to someone else, present them handle first.

Hold them by the blade, you are much less likely to hurt yourself or someone else that way.

Hold them by the blade, but pass them to someone with the handle

Hold your knife by the handle downwards and then pass by the handle still pointing the blade downwards.And scissors hold by the blade and pass the handle to the other person.Im a chef and that was what i was taught at college.

Thats what I mean you hold them by the blade when passing.

My 8 year old daughter was helping her granddad today & he asked her to pass the scissors, she passed them holding onto the blades. He went mad at her, so she told him that I'd taught her to do it that way. He over rode me & said I was wrong. I was fuming not only because i believe I'm right but more so because he undermined my authority with my daughter.

As a hairdresser we were trainer to hold them by the blade, as not to harm a client.

When i cut hair i swing them round and cut then when done a section of hair i swing the blades back in to the palm of my hand.

And with really lippy clients i get the cut throat out :hihi:

Does anyone know the correct way to carry a knife or scissors?

I have always been taught that you should hold it by the blade or point as this is the least way you are likely to stab yourself, or stab anyone else if you fall. I was taught this at both my primary & secondary school but my father in law says you should hold it by the handle.

Carry them in a case :thumbsup:

Z

yes always pass scissors by holding the blades shes right:thumbsup:

If you are carrying them by the blade and trip you will stab yourself in the torso, carry them by the handle, blade pointing away from you, then if you trip you only stab the floor.

Reverse the grip when passing them to someone, so if you trip you don't stab them.

And if you're in a knife fight, assume you'll get cut, just make sure it's not somewhere important.

Edit - and never bring a knife to a gun fight.