Local rescue group & web site RAIN RESCUE

Hia everyone

I have only just found out that Sheffield Forum had a pet section. I have been on the forum for a while but didn't know this bit existed.

I run a rescue - called Rain Rescue. We use a web site called rainrescue co uk

What we do is work with a few of the pounds in yorkshire, and take the dogs that are going to be put to sleep on the 8th day - and move them out into safe places. We move around 40 - 50 dogs per week - some into national rescues centres when we can - some into our own homes - and some into local centres.

As you can imagine - this is a nightmare task. This is very real - these dogs will be dead if we don't pick them up.

We are running an appeal for a van - ours is forever breaking down - sometimes going to get the dogs before they get the needle - sometimes when we have the dogs on board - when we have saved them - they are totally knackered and down, and moving to safe places - and it still breaks down.

If anyone can think of any fundraising efforts for us - i would be grateful - or if you could plaster the web addy around - its a great site. It means we are rehoming dogs from the placs that take these dogs in.

I just wish there was no need for us - that there were some national organissation with the financial backup that they have - to help the dogs in south yorkshire - sadly thats not the case - there isn't a national group that covers our area.

Any and every bit of nice friendly help is always appreciated - we are just a small bunch - trying our hardest - volunteering to save dogs lives.

i just wanted to highlight the website to you all in case you know of anyone looking for a dog that they might find one through our site.

cheers

Welcome to Sheffield Forum :wave:

I'm sure you'll find a few people on here who are willing to adopt - if you pop back regularly :thumbsup:

Good - lets hope so - I spend half of my life rescuing and rehoming dogs - the remainder sat on t'internet - so should catch any prospective homes.

thanks a lot

must say i've had two dogs from Carlton Forest in Retford - one of the sites where you work with and I have no problems with them at all. They are lovely dogs, and i loved them dearly - one died in Feb this year so we got another one shortly after to fill the huge gap hehad left.

Yes they are nice at Carlton Forest and do try extremely hard to rehome the many many strays that they get brought in.

Its terrible to see dogs as part of our throw away society - and so glad you had another one to fill the gap.

Today We met this lady and what a fantastic jobs she does!!!!These animals that have had their lives saved by her, truly adore her. She treats the animals with the respect they deserve. If you decide to contact rainrescue you can be sure that this lady will have done everything possible to prepare the animals to be taken for the care to continue. Its a very worthy cause , help this rescue service all you can folks :) ....

I don't have room to rehome a dog and i don't have spare money, but i do have time and knowledge /experience of dogs if you can use it :thumbsup:

What about a sponsored Sheffield forum dog walk? If enough people took part we could raise some cash for a new van, and hopefully promote the good work you do to get some more donations.:thumbsup:

Just a suggestion, but it could work. PM me if you think it is a good idea, I would be happy to help organise something.

Perhaps we could organise something when we've all stopped flapping about guinea pigs? ;)

Ive donated dog food today and tomorrow im off to do a little bit of shooping for this rescue centre:)

Hia everyone

I have only just found out that Sheffield Forum had a pet section. I have been on the forum for a while but didn't know this bit existed.

I run a rescue - called Rain Rescue. We use a web site called rainrescue co uk

What we do is work with a few of the pounds in yorkshire, and take the dogs that are going to be put to sleep on the 8th day - and move them out into safe places. We move around 40 - 50 dogs per week - some into national rescues centres when we can - some into our own homes - and some into local centres.

As you can imagine - this is a nightmare task. This is very real - these dogs will be dead if we don't pick them up.

We are running an appeal for a van - ours is forever breaking down - sometimes going to get the dogs before they get the needle - sometimes when we have the dogs on board - when we have saved them - they are totally knackered and down, and moving to safe places - and it still breaks down.

If anyone can think of any fundraising efforts for us - i would be grateful - or if you could plaster the web addy around - its a great site. It means we are rehoming dogs from the placs that take these dogs in.

I just wish there was no need for us - that there were some national organissation with the financial backup that they have - to help the dogs in south yorkshire - sadly thats not the case - there isn't a national group that covers our area.

Any and every bit of nice friendly help is always appreciated - we are just a small bunch - trying our hardest - volunteering to save dogs lives.

i just wanted to highlight the website to you all in case you know of anyone looking for a dog that they might find one through our site.

cheers

well rain rescue i have had read your thread and tears are streaming down my face, you deserve a medal, if i could help in any way, am willing, it is awful what innocent dogs and other pets have to go through, they dont deserve it, they ask for a lovin home, food and water, and walks.

Hi

thanks for that - i never think of myself as deserving a medal - its my family that deserve one for putting up with me - forever rushing off and being involved in saving something.

The trouble is - once you see the eyes of these dogs, hear the description of what is on the list - it just goes round and round in your head to see if you have any chance of saving them. BUT it is never ending i'm afraid - its a constant stream of too many dogs - too many puppies being bred - and people just throwing away life cos it doesn't suit any more.

Some people have to give their dogs up due to very genuine reasons - non of us know the situations that some people face which force the to do this. I know i hope i never have to be in that terrible state when i would have to even contemplate that. But there are thousands more who just literally throw them out of the house - tie them to cars, drop them over bridges, tie them in yards or ditches - take them to the pounds themselves - and don't even care or think of the fear and pain these pets go through with the abandonement.

I know that the general public do not realise what is happening in Britain today - just how many are being put to sleep every day. Look at the statistics page on my site - produced by the Dogs Trust. They are the published figures - i think they are higher than that.

There are loads of ways that people can help with rescue - spread the name of the web site around - collect ink cartridges and mobile phones for us to recycle, collection boxes - join the golden ticket lottery - offer to dog walk at your local rescue centre (most are lucky if they get out of their kennel cos people don't volunteer to walk the poor things).

Most of all - encourage people to take on a rescue pet instead of encouraging the breeders or puppy farmers to produce more for the scrap heap.