NTSC Playback on TV's

Does a TV need to have NTSC playback capability if your DVD player already has it (i.e. is multi region)?

I was under the impression that most modern TV's would support NTSC playback, as our old Goodmans protable TV (at least 6 yrs old) even has it (or it allows the viewing of Region 1 DVD's through a multi region player).

Does anyone know if it's necessary or not?

Cheers :thumbsup:

As i understand it if your DVD player has NTSC playback it plays in NTSC so you do need a compliant TV. Many still don't do it, even some new ones...

To render NTSC you need NTSC circuitry in your TV.

Unless the DVD player is capable of outputting a Composite Video or PAL signal from an NTSC recorded disc, in which case you should be able to use the composite video input on your TV (newer ones tend to have this buried away somewhere) or the normal aerial input.

NTSC - Never Twice the Same Colour....;-)

you need a tv with the capability. all new tv's (or last few years) should have it.

I concur :)

Nearly all PAL TV's will play NTSC. However, very few NTSC TV's will play PAL for some reason!