Small animal boarding available

I am offering my services for boarding small pets. I can't take cats or dogs.

However, whatever your pet, be it fish, rodents or birds etc. please do feel free to ask. I don't have any qualifications, it would be a very cheap favour more than anything.

I will be away from home from the 7th-20th August but will be available full time to care for your pets for the rest of the holiday.

Please feel free to ask by emailing me at: [email protected]

I would ask you to write out your own specific care regime so that the animals' routines are not too disrupted and to provide the things I would need to care for them but that's it and I would not take any animal without reading up on their care first to ensure they receive first class care.

I would take a signed form from you and an emergency contact number to say that I can take your pet to the vet should it be needed, without this I wouldn't be able to deal with emergency veterinary treatment.

Thankyou.

What happens if one of you dogs eats someones pet?

LOL, don't worry, they won't be allowed into the room when the pets are out for free exercise and the cages will be kept out of reach of the dogs.

We also have two cats that the dogs simply don't bother with and neither dog chases rabbits when out.

However, if the worst was to happen, we'd have to buy another and make sure it looked the same... JOKE!!!

Just wanted to confirm, my last comment was a joke...

Lottie, I think this is a wonderful idea and thought about doing this myself, but I simply don't have the space! Plus we don't even let our own dog near Bobbie (rabbit) so I would be very frightened of letting her near another persons rabbit! lol

Lottie, I think this is a wonderful idea and thought about doing this myself, but I simply don't have the space! Plus we don't even let our own dog near Bobbie (rabbit) so I would be very frightened of letting her near another persons rabbit! lol

lol well our dogs would be kept away from these pets not because we don't trust them because I do, but for the peace of mind of the people who may leave their pets with us.

I'm always in so the pets wouldn't be unsupervised and our dogs wouldn't have the chance to get close to any small furries!

lol well our dogs would be kept away from these pets not because we don't trust them because I do, but for the peace of mind of the people who may leave their pets with us.

I'm always in so the pets wouldn't be unsupervised and our dogs wouldn't have the chance to get close to any small furries!

Our dog, Kacey, is very lovely, but has a thing where she takes an instant dislike to female dogs. She isn't actually our dog, she's my sister in law's who just had a baby and needs the space around the house until she moves. I think its irresponsible for her to ask us to take her dog in just because she's had a child, plus she has another dog who's still at her home. I'd say it was both or none in my opinion. But anyway thats off topic..

I would have to ask my boyfriend if he'd mind me doing this. He'd probably say 'yes I do mind', but once I started doing it I think he'd be happy. We have a spacious garden and house, and the only reason not to do it is because of the dog.

I'd have the time do it (I'm a housegirlfriend lol.. we're getting married next year) and the commitment, and you've got me all excited now! I really hope you enjoy doing this, and tell me how it goes!

If you're doing this full time do you need to investigate liability insurance, self employment, terms of your mortgage and house insurance.....

Strix, someone else has just told me of this, this would be something taken up with anybody interested as I won't be in a position to do it full time so can't really afford to invest in liability insurance.

I won't be running it properly as a business, but as I said it will be taken up with anyone who's interested and discussed properly.

even if you don't do it fultime you need to be insured hun as things can happen and people sue!!!! not that i have experience of that but i know a guy who has been doing this for years he wouldn't do it without, Also if you are in rented or council property you cannot do it!! as the landlord buildings policy won't cover you and its not legal from council. there is also so problem with private and buisness premises being split, sorry to be negitive but i wouldn't want you to be uncovered, although i am sure you will do a brilliant job, and its very much needed

thanks teeny,

We're in our own house. I will check out what insurance we already have etc. and look into it all.

Meanwhile if anyone is interested please do get in touch and we'll go over all the finer details!

you need small animal bording insurence and you can include in that dog walking, pet sitting its about £150 a year and worth every penny

i would pm you some infomation but your box is full