Sign in to follow this  

Well England are out - Your Thoughts?

Well we all saw it, what do we think of the performance. I reckon the boys did really well, one or two in the team let them down a bit with a lacklustre effort, didnt they Mr Beckham.

Anyway, post views here!

Can we all say - CHEATING REF!

Love to know how much of a backhander he was given..

Its a bloody disgrace...

Shame about Rooney getting injured that kinda changed the game for us I think and also I think I would have left stevie gerrard on the pitch as well..

And then the pens...

Darius should hold his head up high.. least he had some sense not to sky it... ie: Beckham..

A worldclass player like that who did nearly exactly the same thing against turkey should know by now to check the pen spot.. Ronaldo from portugal knew it was dodgy and he's 18....

Oh Well... roll on the world cup... hopefully we'll have a new captain by then.. Gerrard

It wasn't pretty to watch! It all seemed a bit desperate in defence and that swiss bloke did us no favours.

Obviously the Ref wouldn't have been biased would he!

so it must have been down to our lack of ability to have the ball recognised as going into the back of the net.

no bloody swiss army knives, watches or cheeses in our house after seeing that full weight double died excuse for a ref, having said all that Beckhams penalty miss was made all the worse when Owen said after the match that they had problems with them at both ends in practice yesterday......so Mr Dimbo goes and blasts it instead of placing it "ya know" at least we didn't have to put up with 16 "ya knows" after the match......oh well the world cups only 2 years away.

Beep Beep Beep :mad:

OMG we were cheated out of that

Well done lads, you fought the cheats bravely, hold your heads up high- except you Beckham.... you played crap all tournament and missed two penalties.

1) Two shocking refereeing decisions. Allowing a quick free kick after disallowing the goal was worse ...ref's will get things wrong but to let play continue when every English player was celebrating was the pits.

2) You shouldn't defend for 60 minutes in your own 6yard box

3) Beckham is clearly lacking in fitness and obviously missing Alex Ferguson who isn't bothered about anybody's income, wife or celebrity status

4) Can't explain what was wrong with Gerrard and Lampard. Two great young midfielders who weren't involved.

5) Scholes return to form was a temporary reprieve (against Croatia)

The midfield cost England this game: They didn't tackle/close down in the centre of the park, didn't pass the ball after the first 20 minutes and didn't support their strikers. It was crap.

a)Rest Beckham until he regains full fitness and remembers that he's a footballer first and foremost.

b)Look to replace Scholes until he returns to the form of 4 years ago.

c) Question Sven's tactics and powers of motivation?

Big +'s = Rooney, Campbell and Neville

I've just been out to have a couple of tyres fitted and two blokes in there were saying that there is going to be an investigation into the possibility that referee had been bribed by the Portuguese?

Anyone know?

Sam

They will never prove it, and even if they did the powers that be would **** up the stick same as they always do.

I know. It's just a hope to cling on to. If it did come out, though,

Portugal would be banned from football for a very long time.