Sign in to follow this  

Story: 'Marooned! - Marooned!'

This may or may not be based on a true story, depending on who's asking the questions. It's a tale of what happened (allegedly) on a 'lad's holiday' many years ago. Or maybe not.

MAROONED!

I like this concise tale. The length is just right for this story.

It accurately captures images of the Greek country lifestyle and local people in a quick snapshot.

Anyone who has been to Greece or its Islands and have been off the beaten track into the "real" Greece will have an image in their minds of somewhere they have visited which matches your scenario.

If I have a criticism, it would be the use of the word dale(s) within the context of a story set in Greece.

Overall.........a well crafted contribution. :thumbsup:

I like it. The writing certainly conjures up a vivid picture of the situation.

And I wouldn't say it refers to "dales" as such, coz it's a modification of the expression "up hill and down dale" - i.e. just a figure of speech.

I think it would be more correct to say "so that we might carry on drinking" rather than "may" carry on drinking - but that's being really picky!

P.S. Clever title too - I've only just noticed that!

This may or may not be based on a true story, depending on who's asking the questions. It's a tale of what happened (allegedly) on a 'lad's holiday' many years ago. Or maybe not.

MAROONED

I liked this.It had pace, and wasnt too long.(I can speed read) ! :hihi: