Sign in to follow this  

Czech Republic fielding a weak side?

What does everyone think about the Czech Republic resting key players against Germany?

This is unfair to Holland who need to win but Germany will have a better chance against a weak Czech side. Should this be allowed?

I think it should be allowed. Football is a squad game and the manager can choose whatever players he likes. Qualifying early shouldn't be without reward and being able to rest players for the QF is an advantage they have earned through winning their first 2 games.

I understand your point, but this could benefit Germany at Hollands expense.

Originally posted by Lickszz

I understand your point, but this could benefit Germany at Hollands expense.

Agreed.

What about the premise of fair play and all that?! Surely this gives the Germans somewhat of an unfair advantage over the Dutch?!

The Dutch should've played better in their first 2 games. They can't expect favours from other teams to get them through. The manager of the Czech Rep can pick who he likes IMO.

Yes, it happens in the football league all the time towards the end of the season. A team in the middle and going nowhere might field a team of experimental players which effects the situation at the top or bottom.

Maybe even England might have done it had they qualified before the last match.

why should they not field whatever team they want!

i think it entirely logical to field a weakened team - why would they want to risk their top players???

i know it's tough but like t020 said they've earned the right

And they won with their reserve team anyway! BYE BYE Germany! :lol:

Originally posted by Lickszz

What does everyone think about the Czech Republic resting key players against Germany?

This is unfair to Holland who need to win but Germany will have a better chance against a weak Czech side. Should this be allowed?

I think the Czech Republic "reserve" side just answered your question as well as anyone could :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by t020

BYE BYE Germany! :lol:

Great wasn't it!:D

I was off the sofa when Baros scored,almost as good as an England win, which i'll be celebrating tomorrow!!! :partyhat::banana:

I was exactly the same, i fell off the sofa when the Czechs scored for the secodn time.

It would've been nice for Germany to equalise though, just to give those last few minutes that extra bit of tension. IT would have made it my favourite game.

Spain and Italy, now Germany! Looks good for England! :thumbsup:

Wilf

Germany played good(ish),(what's Hamann get paid for?) but Czechs played brill.

My Euro 2004 has just ended, so good luck England. They deserve it.:thumbsup: