Sign in to follow this  

Microsoft Outlook Problems

Hi folks.

Has anyone come across this Problem with Outlook 2000.

I've changed a couple of my signatures to add some more text.

I go in through:

Tools >>>> Options >>>>> Mail Format Tab >>>> Signature Picker.

Select appropriate Sig and hit the 'Edit' button.

Then I select Advanced edit which launches Word.

I edit as appropriate and select save then exit.

It shows in the little window within the edit signature section as being changed.

I complete by pressing OK (which brings me back to the signature picker window) >>>> OK Again which takes me back to the Mail Format Tab. Then I hit Apply then OK.

Which takes me back into Outlook as normal.

I go to an email which requires the newly edited sig, but it still displays the old sig when selected.

However if I go back into signature picker.... the window displays the new text.

Why?

Why cant I enter the newly edited Signature?

If it helps I've also shutdown Outlook and restarted AND the whole PC and restarted and still it shows the OLD sig.

Can someone tell me what's wrong please?

Cheers

What's wrong? Outlook.

Mozilla Thunderbird is free, open-source, much nicer, more secure against malicious scripts and as easy to configure (or easier) than Outlook. I haven't used Outlook for ages so I can't really suggest a way round your problem with it. But I've never had any problems with email signature setup with Thunderbird, so I'd reommend you take a look.

You could try editing your signature, then change the "signature for new messages" to "None", compose a message, cancel it, restart Outlook, change "signature for new messages" to the one you want. This may "kick-start" it.

Is the signature you're trying to use all complicated? e.g. loads of HTML? If so, is the HTML correct and valid?