Advice please over pup's diarrhoea

I have just purchased a shih tzu he his 7 n half weeks old, fully weened, but has a bit of diarroha, if it was really bad i would have taken him straight to the vet, i have been given him arrowroot biscuits to chew, and any other advice would be great. I do no they can dehydrate very quickly.

Also we all have another problem i dont no what to call him, any suggestions would be great, he his gold n white...... i have 2 shih tzu girls called honey and tia and baby it......

Very common for pups to be 'runny' when they are moved, stress, missing mum etc. Did the breeder tell you what he had been fed on, we usually stick to that until pup has settled and lots of liquids. Don't leave him like this for more than 24-48 hours, especially if he is also vomitting, as you are right about dehydration.

Name- Jake, Fred, Frank, Pip, Max

Have you rung the breeder?

A change in diet may cause these problems (have you changed him from dry to wet food? ), or other dogs the breeder still has may be showing the same symptoms, and a quick phone call may help you decide whether to call the vet.

ok i will give her a ring if no different tomoz i will take him to vets , going to starve him until tomoz and then try him on some boiled rice he is drinking plenty thank you for you help

my lhasa apso(similar to shih-tzu) is called koochi...i really like the name gizmo cus they kinda look like gizmo outta gremlins!lol:loopy:

update he his much better today, i have bought white rice and boiled it for him, and just put a little chopped chicken in to tempt him, his poo is getting firmer, thanks

update he his much better today, i have bought white rice and boiled it for him, and just put a little chopped chicken in to tempt him, his poo is getting firmer, thanks

Have you named him yet? :)

no michelle i aint...... i like bailey but unsure