Another child mauled to death by a dog.

No prizes for working out which breed it turns out to be.

Then no prizes for the onslaught of owners purporting them to be a safe cuddly breed and that it is the owners with the issue.

I mean I'm putting my neck on the line here because as I write this "Police have yet to confirm the breed of dog involved." - but it's a pretty safe bet.

Spoiler: "PIT BULL TYPE PIT BULL TYPE PIT BULL TYPE PIT BULL TYPE PIT BULL TYPE PIT BULL TYPE PIT BULL TYPE PIT BULL TYPE PIT BULL TYPE."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-26131934

I feel the clue is in the word ' child neglect' myself.

Hardly neglecting a child if a dog allowed by law rips apart a baby.

If it's a legal breed then it should be safe, if it's not safe then make it illegal.

How is it the owner's fault if a dog suddenly and unexpectedly flips out?

No doubt the poor "fur baby" will be "pts" and go to the "rainbow bridge".:gag:

No doubt the poor "fur baby" will be "pts" and go to the "rainbow bridge".:gag:

..?????????????????

If it's a legal breed then it should be safe, if it's not safe then make it illegal.

Child neglect is behind this,no one should leave a child alone with a dog regardless of the breed,all dogs are capable of biting.I despair that people keep large dogs and leave them alone with kids regardless of how trustworthy they think it is.

So, the government vote to ban smoking in cars. When is legislation coming in to protect these children?

So, the government vote to ban smoking in cars. When is legislation coming in to protect these children?

Its not possible to protect children from the possibility of being injured or killed unless they are rapped in cotton wool and locked away in padded cells.

Life is risky and some people will die befog they get old.

Death by Dog is way down the list of things that will kill a child.

They are much more likely to die by car, suffocation, drowning, poisoning, fire and falls.

Last time I was in UK I collected my brothers dogs from a boarding kennels were he had stored them whilst he was away. Attached to the kennels was a sanctuary for abandoned and neglected dogs. 90% Staffordshire Bull Terriers.

Its an absolute tragedy that this breed has caught the fancy of the dick head fraternity.

Maybe the time has come to re introduce dog licenses. Free to anyone over 65. Everyone else £250 a year.

Then enforce it.

The misery caused to unwanted animals, the fatalities would reduce substantially.

You clearly know nothing about dogs.

---------- Post added 11-02-2014 at 10:11 ----------

What legislation would you like?

How many kids are killed by people each year? I think we need some perspective.

..?????????????????

Fur baby-dog

Pts- put to sleep

Rainbow bridge-

The story tells of a green meadow located "this side of Heaven" (i.e., before one enters into it). Rainbow Bridge is the name of both the meadow and an adjoining bridge connecting it to Heaven.

According to the story, when a pet dies, it goes to the meadow, having been restored to perfect health and free of any injuries. The pet runs and plays all day with the others, there is always fresh food and water, and the sun is always shining. However, it is said that while the pet is at peace and happy, they miss their owner who had to be left behind on Earth.

When their owner dies, they come across the Rainbow Bridge. It is at that moment that their pet stops what they are doing and sniffs at the air and looks into the distance where they see their beloved owner. Excited, they run as fast as they can until they are in their owner's arms, licking their face in joy while their owner looks into the eyes of their pet who was absent on Earth, but never absent in their heart. Then side by side, they cross the Rainbow Bridge together into Heaven, never again to be separated.