Lorna's Lace's Lion and Lamb

Has anybody used this?

I've just been a bit naughty and bought some from Get Knitted. I'd read somewhere that they give a 10% discount for Rowan International memembers (which I am) so woo hoo!

I bought some of the Aslam shade to do another Clapotis!!

Thats the shade that Hecate was going to do hers in. Ive only used the Shephard worsted (well and sock) and thats nice.

LisaHxxx

There's been a change of plan.... they only had 2 skiens in stock so i've had to change the colour and go for watercolour instead. Hopefully it'll be here on Friday

Bugger, I was going to ask you to post a pic of the Alsam when it turned up, to see what it looked like in the flesh (so to speak). I never did get around to ordering mine. The Watercolour is lovely though - you can post a pic of that instead :) .

That looks a lovely colour. I'll post pics when it comes:)

Lisa, your scarf pattern is so pretty - is it your own design or is there a pattern I could buy?

Dorothy

Lisa, your scarf pattern is so pretty - is it your own design or is there a pattern I could buy?

Dorothy

Hello Dorothy, and welcome to the Knitting Group (and to the Sheffield Forum too; I noticed that this was your first post) :wave: .

I'm sure Lisa mentioned a while back that her scarf was knit from a pattern, though I must admit I've forgotten where she said she got it from now. I'm sure she'll get back to you later today though.

Are you an experienced knitter or a beginner? Are you working on anything at the moment? Please feel free to jump in with any comments or questions, start new topics or to post any photos you might have of completed projects, works in progress etc :) .

Dorothy

Hi Dorothy

The scarf pattern can be found here - its quite easy lace to do and you could use quite a few weights of yarn. There is one typo I think where it tells you to knit 2 before starting the lace but you only knit 1 but other than that its easy to follow. I chose to just do half of the pattern repeat as I thought that would look nicest but the instructions give you the option of doing just the zig (like mine) or a zig zag:)

HTH

LisaH xxx

Lisa, thank you for the link to the pattern - it didn't work unfortunately, I got 'this page cannot be found'. Slight technical hitch? I'd still like it as I think at least one of my daughters-in-law would like it as part of a Christmas present. Hope I'm not too sad thinking of Christmas this early!

Hecate, thanks for your welcome, the e-mail was an unexpected and pleasant surprise. My mum taught me to knit when I was about 5 years old and since I was born 1946 that was a pretty long time ago!. I've been knitting on and off ever since especially when my three children were young, I made pretty well all their jumpers and cardigans. I've never really gone much beyond that though, socks for instance are destined to be a new departure for me when I eventually pluck up enough courage to start the kit I've bought. Having recently acquired my first grandchild I've also made my first ever attempt at very simple bootees which turned out well enough for my DIL to request more pairs. I've just finished my first pram cover too, if I can figure out the photobucket thing I'll post a photo of it. My big thing when the children were all at primary school was knitting rabbits and owls for school fetes - there'll be an owl photo too as when I recently knitted one for DIL number two to give to her nephew my own daughter (age26!) demanded one of her own.

It's nice to have found a local Sheffield knitting forum, I'm actually treasurer of the local Knitting and Crochet Guild which meets the 1st Saturday of every month at the United Reform Church on Chapel Walk at 2pm. We have some very talented ladies - spinners, weavers and dyers as well as knitters and crocheters - but we could definitely do with an injection of younger blood if any of you are interested. I get the impression that a lot of you on this forum are a good deal younger than me - in years if not in spirit, as inside I'm still about 35!

Dorothy

Dorothy, here's the corrected link for Lisa's zig-zag scarf.

I'm just rushing off now, but I'll reply more fully to your last message later today :) .

Thanks Hecate, pattern is safely printed off - another excuse to visit WoolBaa! Incidentally I was in Bakewell this morning and the Patchwork shop is closed - pity as I'd gone especially to investigate it. Oh well, win some,lose some.

Apparently I can't link to photos until I've posted 15 times so you will all have to wait to see my masterpieces I'm afraid! Is there a way to make the blue link words appear? At least it will give me time to suss that out.

Dorothy