New Knitting Magazine?

Does anyone know anything about this?

Wouldn't that be great?

Someone mentioned this a few weeks ago; I think it was AmelieB. I don't know what the title's going to be, but if it lives up to the expectations of being like a British 'Interweave Knits', I'll be first in the queue to buy a copy.

Sounds good. Be nice to see something on a website about it, when its published etc. Our local newsagents don't stock any knitting mags, so I subscribe to Knitting and Simply Knitting so I don't miss out. Its either that or I have to send hubby into Chesterfield town centre at dinner time to look!

more details here we shouldn't be wishing our summer away but roll on October!

Oooh, that looks interesting. Kerrie Allman is a very busy woman. Can't wait to see the first issue; I hope they manage to get it into the big stores.

I know WH Smiths is/was cutting back on the number of magazines they stock and there's been some major ructions in the craft magazine arena, with editors having to revamp and modernize their publications in order to win shelf space.

I think it's about time we had another magazine. Compared to the US as far as I know we have nowhere near as many. Im fed up at having to order from the US and waiting 6 weeks or so for mags to be shipped. Like jules13, none of my local shops stock any craft magazines, so I subscribe too. I just got Knit Simple and a special edition of Interweave Knits yesterday, and Vogue Knitting came today, how excited am I!?

Hmmm, having ranted about that, if I subscribe to one more mag, that's one more mags worth of projects to make and yarn to buy. Oh Dear!

I think it's about time we had another magazine. Compared to the US as far as I know we have nowhere near as many. Im fed up at having to order from the US and waiting 6 weeks or so for mags to be shipped. Like jules13, none of my local shops stock any craft magazines, so I subscribe too. I just got Knit Simple and a special edition of Interweave Knits yesterday, and Vogue Knitting came today, how excited am I!?

Hmmm, having ranted about that, if I subscribe to one more mag, that's one more mags worth of projects to make and yarn to buy. Oh Dear!

I agree. The American magazines are far superior to the current crop of British ones. I'm waiting with baited breath to see the new one in October.

Did you know that you can buy Interweave Knits (and Interweave Crochet plus the other special edition) and Vogue Knitting from Get Knitted. I also had a subscription to it from Wingham Wool Work. I've seen Knit Simple available at TAJ Yarns, though I haven't ordered from there myself.

You still have to pay for the postage, of course, but the delivery time should be a little quicker.

I've been tempted to buy Knit Simple (which is the replacement for Family Circle Easy Knits, I believe). What is the latest issue like?

Well, Knit Simple promised to have more patterns for larger sizes so i was really excited to get the mag, but I was quite disappointed. I found a few of the patterns to be (in my words), frumpy. Not my style at all. Then again, there were some really nice ones but they seemed to be in the smaller sizes. You cant please everyone though I suppose. One of my big bugbears with most of the american magazines is that they all seem to rehash the same articles and they all seem to have far far far too many adverts in them.

I was more impressed with the special Interweave Knits one, I expected to not like that one too much.

This issue of Vogue Knitting seems to have some patterns in larger sizes, although I haven't had a chance to look at them properly yet.

I bought knit simple and interweave from eBay so they came fairly quick, but as I'm subscribed to Vogue and I have a few months left on it I'm stuck with waiting for it to be sent surface mail.

I think Knit Simple might seem a bit boring to those of you who are more experienced and wanting more challenging things. Being a relatively new knitter I prefer to avoid cables/intarsia/dpn etc.

Gempud, is it this issue of Vogue Knitting you have? I'm looking forward to seeing that one.

I agree about the ads. I ordinarily find them useful (the ones in the UK magazines), but it's very frustrating to see all that lovely yarn available only in American shops.

Have you seen the new Vogue magazine, Knit1? It isn't really me; it's a little too trendy for my tastes. Not that I like frumpy either, but some of the patterns in there are a little too outré for me.

Yes it is....just noticed it says on sale August 8th....they must have shipped it to me uber early....ooooh I'm please, I got it on time for once...yay me.

Yes I've seen Knit1, I purchased the 'mens issue' that was out end of 2005, which I found in a shop I once worked in in Worksop, I never found it again though. It's one of those magazines that is nice to look at, and I can oooh and aaah over the pictures, but there's not a hope in hell that I would ever attempt a pattern (or even want to). I agree, it's a bit erm.....trendy for me. I wouldn't wear any of the stuff. I tend to prefer the more classic patterns.

I doubt I would even know that knitting magazines existed if it wasn't for that newsagents as I found Simply Knitting, Knitting, Vogue Knitting and Knit1 there.

I'm watching the remake of The Amityville Horror. I'm scared :(

I'm lucky in that I have a Borders within driving distance of my house. They usually have an excellent selection of craft magazines.

I must admit to being very impatient though, so I generally end up ordering the magazines from an internet shop. I've bought Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting from Borders (they also have Knit1), though typically they get the stock two to three weeks after the online shops have theirs.

The Amityville Horror remake is a film I really want to see. The original 70s version scared the hell out of me, so I must see what the remake's like. I'm a coward though, so I tend to hide behind the cushions at the really scarey bits!

The only reason I'm watching it now on my own is because it's nice and sunny and bright...I have the laptop to hide behind! Logging off to carry on watching it now, with the help of a cushion....