Simple Baby Cardigan Pattern

So far, I've only managed scarves, poncho's, bags and socks but I'd like to have a go at doing a baby cardigan (especially as hubby's niece had a baby yesterday!)

Are there any free patterns available? I know I bought some yarn a few months ago in my stash and just haven't found the pattern!

I love knitting for babies; their stuff knits up so quickly and the yarn is generally lovely to work with.

I'll have a hunt a round for free patterns for you, but in the mean time could I just recommend this one? It isn't free, but I knitted it a couple of months ago and it's very easy. The end result is lovely too. I used the 'Bluebell Mix' colourway, and the flower buttons can be found in Hobbycraft.

Ta. I've persuaded hubby it'd be nice to go to Sheffield tomorrow....he'll do some guitar browsing no doubt and I'll nip into Atkinsons and Coles to see what I can find. If all else fails....wonder if he fancies pizza at Meadowhall Retail Park??:P It'd be a shame not to call in at Hobbycraft then wouldn't it??

Called in at Atkinsons today and found a pattern i think will be ok. Its done in Sirdar Snuggly DK i think. Feels nice and soft anyway. I'll start it soon!

I love that pattern Hecate. Can't wait till I've mastered knitting more to have a go at these things.

Called in at Atkinsons today and found a pattern i think will be ok. Its done in Sirdar Snuggly DK i think. Feels nice and soft anyway. I'll start it soon!

Which one did you get?

I love that pattern Hecate. Can't wait till I've mastered knitting more to have a go at these things.

It's lovely isn't it? I love the ballet wrap style. It was actually really easy to knit, as the pattern was stocking stitch, moss stitch (just K and P) and a little increasing and decreasing. The most fiddly pit was doing the picot edging, but if you use a nice long circular needle (so all the stitches you have to pick up will fit) the edging knits up in no time.

Here is what the finished cardi looks like.

I did a similar one from the RYC book Classic Bambino, which used RYC Cashcotton DK; a lovely soft cotton mixed with angora and cashmere. Here is a picture of that.

Its Sirdar Snuggly DK pattern number 3104. I'm just going to do the plain cardi first and see how it goes, there are scalloped edged ones as well but i'll give that a go later!

By the way, yours look lovely!