Sign in to follow this  

New Knitty is up

That snuck past me - I normally get a notification but didnt get one. Anyway theres some nice sock patterns (and some awful ones too), some pretty gloves, some pointless wrist warmers, some very nice hats including a klein bottle:D and some knitted flowers (of course):huh: Anyway I might just do the reptilian socks sans beads with my new CTH purchase:D

EDIT: just noticed the notification email in my inbox-LOL

LisaH xxx

::Hecate rushes off to check the Knitty site::

It's an accessories issue :) .

I love the Baudelaire socks and the reptilian lace ones. I like the gloves too (though I'd make the fingerless gloves without the added embroidery), and Fetching is lovely. Not sure about the knitted necklace though...

I am loving fetching this may be my first cable attempt...one day! :P

I reckon that Fetching or the Baudelaire socks will be my first project from Summer's Knitty. Fetching uses Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran too, so there's no problem with finding the specified yarn. Mmmm, sweet cashmerino yarn...

It's an accessories issue :) .

I love the Baudelaire socks and the reptilian lace ones. I like the gloves too (though I'd make the fingerless gloves without the added embroidery), and Fetching is lovely. Not sure about the knitted necklace though...

Yes the Baudelaire socks are yummy:D Im glad Ive sorted out doing toe up as most of the socks seem to be toe up this issue:) I cant decide whetehr I want to do the reptilian socks or the Spiral socks with my CTH:?

LisaH xxx

I am loving fetching this may be my first cable attempt...one day! :P

Cable is really easy compared to lace (well in my opinion) - and you have done that really well with your lace:)

LisaH xxx

Cable is really easy compared to lace (well in my opinion) - and you have done that really well with your lace:)

LisaH xxx

I'll second that. I found getting into cable knitting easier than lace knitting. there's not as much variation and worrying about which stitch goes where and what to do with the yarn.

Then again, I've only done the most basic of cables :suspect: .

I'll second that. I found getting into cable knitting easier than lace knitting. there's not as much variation and worrying about which stitch goes where and what to do with the yarn.

Ah but the Fetching cables do look basic ones. Really honestly once you have done the basic stitches you can produce some really intricate cables:D Cable are not scarey - lace on the other hand;)

LisaH xxx

I think with cables its just getting round to learning something new...like socks to me will be learning something new - haven't got round to them yet either :o but if lace is harder than cables i might be ok with alot of help :P ask hecate how much effort it took to explain yarn forward, slip one, knit one, pass slipped one over ;) i couldn't even figure out yarn forward - i was confused because it didnt make an actual stitch and thought it must be wrong :hihi: You sure you guys are ready for me to attempt cable in the near future? ;)

I think with cables its just getting round to learning something new...like socks to me will be learning something new - haven't got round to them yet either :o but if lace is harder than cables i might be ok with alot of help :P ask hecate how much effort it took to explain yarn forward, slip one, knit one, pass slipped one over ;) i couldn't even figure out yarn forward - i was confused because it didnt make an actual stitch and thought it must be wrong :hihi: You sure you guys are ready for me to attempt cable in the near future? ;)

Of course :) . It didn't take you that long to figure the lace stitch out either. It's difficult to visualize something as complicated as a specific lace stitch when you're only being told about it. Think how much easier it is to pick a knitting technique up when you watch one of those knitting videos. I could never have got the hang of the Kitchener stitch without the help of the excellent video from Knitting at KNoon.

Lisa, the cables on fetching do look quite straightforward, and I have attempted something similar before. I meant that I hadn't done anything along the lines of the complicated-looking cableing on your cardi.

Cables are just a matter of being able to count the rows that you're doing pattern stitches on- and doing the plain rows in between.

After a bit of practice they're a doddle, and have the added advantage that because it's like knitting in relief, you don't have to actually see your knitting that well- makes it very suitable for doing in places like cinemas, as long as your film isn't so exciting that you forget which row you're on.

Many of my family wear arans knitted by yours truly in a cinema.