Sign in to follow this  

Blackberry Baby Hats

Turra21, did you order the Berry Cute hat, or did you end up going with the Knitty pattern? Have you decided which yarn to use? I used Cascade 220 for the Pumpkin hat?

I noticed that the Knitty hat uses a 100% cotton yarn. I think if I decide to use that pattern instead of the Fiber Trends one, I might substitute the Cascade 220 as the gauge is similar.

Turra21, did you order the Berry Cute hat, or did you end up going with the Knitty pattern? Have you decided which yarn to use? I used Cascade 220 for the Pumpkin hat?

I noticed that the Knitty hat uses a 100% cotton yarn. I think if I decide to use that pattern instead of the Fiber Trends one, I might substitute the Cascade 220 as the gauge is similar.

Good morning Hecate,

Sorry I've been a bit quiet recently about my kniting exploits, that's because I've been "bitten" and have so many things on the go at once.

Ok, I ordered the Berry Hat in the end, and the yarn Cascade 220 (as recommended by the girls at Get Knitted) came Friday so that was started yesterday and I've done the spiky border, the band and attached them(took some thinking about but got there) and have done maybe one and a bit pattern repeats. The yarn knits up really quickly doesn't it? This needs to be ready for the 30th July as that's when the show is. I've a few (six) other things going in too and two are food stuff but could be made perhaps a few days maybe a week before then but I've still some stitching to do too AND as a business we are having a trade stand and all that needs to be organised as well.

Did you have to knit your border and band together from two different needles on Patricks Pumpkin?

I have also started another pair of socks for my second daughter. I'm using the same pattern as tigger socks a toe up with short row heel, but "stole" a pattern from a top down pair of socks for the instep and leg. That seems to be going ok, I've turned the heel and just need to knit the leg. I've also started my Lead and follow lace scarf. I am about 14 rows into the 24 row repeat. So lots of little things doing and not much progress on anything.

If I can wrest the camera from my husbands pocket (he needs it incase he catches a salmon - just to prove how big it was!!!) I'll try to post some photos. I'm away this weekend on a stitching weekend with the Cross Stitch Guild in Edinburgh so ther could be some photo's before the weekend but if not definitely after!! Promise;)

You know what they say "If you need something doing ask a busy woman"

No requests thankyou:rolleyes:

Oh and I forgot, My eldest daughter has started to knit a sweater (her first attempt at anything) and nearly every row is "Mum, what have I done here?"

Good grief, you do sound busy!

Could I ask which colours of Cascade 220 they suggested for the Berry hat? I'd like to have a really nice purple, and I find it difficult to assess the colours on the monitor occasionally.

The Cascade is a lovely yarn to work with, and it does knit up really quickly, especially when you use the two strands for the roll brim. I did use two needles to attach the border; the border was on one needle, the roll brim on the other. I placed the right sides together and took a stitch from each needle and knit them together to join the two. It was a bit fiddly at first, especially the knitting through the knots of the cast on edge.

Enjoy the weekend in Edinburgh. I lived there for five years or so; it's a lovely place.

do you have a picture of the hats?

do you have a picture of the hats?

Here is the Baby Tart hat, which is the free pattern from Knitty, and here is the Berry Nice Hat, which is a pattern from Fiber Trends.

I recently finished a pumpkin baby hat (Patrick's Pumpkin, another Fiber Trends pattern). Here's a photo of it, though it's yet to be blocked and properly finished.

I have used shades 8267 which is more of a raspberry colour than a blackberry colour and 8415. I expect you used 8415 for partick's pumpkin?

I had to take my eldest to the dentist today and a rather nice coffee shop leapt out at me and dragged me in, I ordered a cream tea and pulled out my knitting (the hat) the owner came over to me (a man) and was very interested in what I was doing. There was no problem whatsoever with me knitting in his shop and said it was "good to see the old arts weren't dead!" I wondered if he had forgotten to put an f on one of the words?!!!!:hihi:

I have used shades 8267 which is more of a raspberry colour than a blackberry colour and 8415. I expect you used 8415 for partick's pumpkin?

I had to take my eldest to the dentist today and a rather nice coffee shop leapt out at me and dragged me in, I ordered a cream tea and pulled out my knitting (the hat) the owner came over to me (a man) and was very interested in what I was doing. There was no problem whatsoever with me knitting in his shop and said it was "good to see the old arts weren't dead!" I wondered if he had forgotten to put an f on one of the words?!!!!:hihi:

Mmmmm cream teas... [insert Homer-esque drool here].

I used 8267 (which is the green according to my label), and 9444 (the orange) for the pumpkin hat.

I have quite a bit of the green left, so i can use that for the blackberry hat. I was thinking of getting either 7808, 8901 or 9474 for the berry bit.

I think 8901 looks nearer a blackberry colour than 9474.

I think 8901 looks nearer a blackberry colour than 9474.

That's what I thought too. I'm going to get a recommendation from the nice women at the shop before I order though.