Hello I'm new to this

I'm Jules, live in Dinnington and have been knitting for about a year. Currently i'm trying my 2nd sock and knitting the Clapotis from Knitty with some Hipknits silk.

Glad I've found something local to do with Knitting, although I've found it at the wrong time as we are going away for a few days!

Hope to pop in again when we get back:thumbsup:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello anyway though

Hi Jules, and welcome to the knitting group :wave: .

Which sock pattern are you working on? I'm just about to finish my second pair of Jaywalkers (just got the grafting to do on the second one). About time too; it feels like I've been knitting them for months!

I love Clapotis. I was going to start on it a few months back, using the LL Lion and Lamb. I got as far as narrowing it down to three or four different colours, then I was sidetracked by yet more sock knitting.

I`m onto my third pair of socks for today, in the next 20 minutes I`m going to knit an entire tropical island and float it onto the pacific, where I intend to start my own kingdom.

I managed to bend a needle today.

I`m onto my third pair of socks for today, in the next 20 minutes I`m going to knit an entire tropical island and float it onto the pacific, where I intend to start my own kingdom.

I managed to bend a needle today.

Ignore this one, Jules. He's usually fairly tame, but I think he's been on the cherry coke this evening...

Jabberwocky, I hope you've given some thought to the casting on, because I'm going to start demanding photographic evidence of your endeavours soon... :D .

Pics? But I havent even started yet!!! The wool keeps slipping off the stick! I mean the needle!!!

Pics? But I havent even started yet!!! The wool keeps slipping off the stick! I mean the needle!!!

I'll settle for a photo of the slip knot attached to the needle, and we'll take it from there.

You DO realise I only use the word "Stick" to bug you, dont you?

I`m trying with the first part, really I am, but its hard.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello anyway though

I don't think Laura21 had noticed that her post was going to appear in the Knitting Group :) .

Good morning!

I'm just trying the basic Opal sock pattern and yarn. I've signed up for some Hipknits sock yarn and a club they are running as well.

I'm using bamboo dpns which i find are much less slippy than the metal ones.

Good morning!

I'm just trying the basic Opal sock pattern and yarn. I've signed up for some Hipknits sock yarn and a club they are running as well.

I'm using bamboo dpns which i find are much less slippy than the metal ones.

Morning :wave:

I know I shouldn't start tempting you this early, but once you really start getting into sock knitting, you must get some of this: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock. It's glorious stuff; very soft and with a lovely sheen too. It seems expensive at first, but you get a good-sized pair of socks out of one skein and it's much, much softer than Opal or Regia. I prefer it to the Lorna's Laces too.

I've used the Peacock, Indian Summer and Old Rose. I've also got a skein of Martha's Vineyard waiting in the stash for the perfect pattern.

Oops I've just accidentally ordered some of this Cherry Tree Hill in Country Garden. Is it machine washable?