The Great Cross Stitch Thread!!

so who does do cross stitch? What made you start? what are you working on at the minute?

My mother in law taught me about 5 years ago, I'm currently doing a village scene out of the May issue of Quick & Easy magazine

I used to do loads - still have a half finished cats one that I started before I had number 1 son six years ago:blush:

LisaHxxx

To get the ball rolling, here is the last cross stitch I did. It's still not finished, as I managed to have the fabric the wrong way around, so I can't fit all the border on. D'oh!

I started cross stitching many, many years ago. There used to be a magazince called 'Needlecraft' in the early 90s that I used to buy every month. It came with a little free cross stitch kit. I started on those, until I felt brave enough to move on to something a bit bigger.

I think the first big project I did was of a Victorian greenhouse. Very pretty it was too. I think I've got some of my old finished projects around in a box in the attic here; I'll have to dig them out. I've got a couple of lovely Mucha pictures that I finished about ten years ago which I still haven't had framed.

My favourite piece is still my Janlynn dragon (blues, greens, mauves with a gold scrolling edging on black aida) - its on my Living room wall:D

EDIT: Oooh just found it here

LisaH xxx

I am quite impatient and have a whole mass of stuff started but not finished!

I was ion a postal cross stitch club some years back and lost some work on a round robin, imagine my delight when I found the same design, completed and beautifully framed in the St Luke's charity shop at Gleadless townend!!! Needless to say I snapped it up!

i have just done some cottages it took five years in between work and work,

I am currently looking for a new project lol:)

There used to be a magazince called 'Needlecraft' in the early 90s that I used to buy every month.

I used to get that magazine too because not only did it do cross stitch but also freestyle embroidery (which I'm not very good at) and patch work and all sorts of "needlecraft" things. I was devastated when they ceased publications:(

My last project was Christmas Peace by Just Nan. I did Nan's Garden last year for the local show and came 2nd with it. So Christmas Peace will go in this year!

I was saying to my daughter the other day that I have tired of cross stitch for a while because I progressed onto cross stich and a variety of stitches and now feel the only place to go is into designing and that doesn't light my fire ...yet!

Strange how we seem to migrate throught the different crafts.

I used to do alot of cross stitch, i'll try and find some pics of the ones I finished, sadly as I have fibromyalgia, I found working with the smaller needles voer a long period of time made my arms ache too much.

Also because of the Fibro, I was housebound for the last few months of my pregnancy, so I made 'teddies on a line' for when my son was born - i've still not had it framed! and he's 9 in august :lol:

Edit: Here is one of St Ives That I did a few years ago, looks much nicer than the pic shows.

And here is Sleeping Beauty which I have half finished.

...Here is one of St Ives That I did a few years ago, looks much nicer than the pic shows....

I really like that one, beansforyou. Have you ever visited St Ives? It's one of my very favourite places.

Are you sure we're not related H? :lol:

I love St Ives with a passion, I would live there in a shot if I had the funds to move (and could get my stubborn father to move also)

I have just come back from a week there, and we are off again shortly, I live for the few weeks I can get :)

Have you seen the online webcam? http://www.regenthotel.com/

Keeps me going ;)