Sign in to follow this  

Stretchy cast off for toe up socks

I saw this the other day and thought it would be useful for us doing toe up socks:D I know that when I get round to casting off on my Elfines the cast off was going to be a pain as I have rather fat calves so Im glad Ive seen this:o

LisaH xxx

I've just finished daughter no 2's socks, and used this cast off. I'm very impressed with it. So easy to do and really works without having to "faff" about with bigger needles or preparatory rows etc, etc. Thanks Lisa.

PS. pictures soon I promise ( Noro completely finished, socks done, berry hat finished and replacement for berry hat so lots to photo but my "studio" -daughter no1's bedroom - has been re-occupied for the summer and can't move for boxes and paraphernalia. Anyone who has a kid at uni will understand!!!)

Good grief, turra21, I can't keep up with you! My berry hat has been stuck on three rows of bobbles for the last week because I can't face holding the yarn. I'm going to have to start shipping some stuff to you to finish off for me - I'm way behind with the baby knitting!

Love to help but after the show please!!