Air Coolers?

HELP ... I am melting with this HEAT !!!

I need urgent advice on how to get the room temperature down ... I have a PC and monitor and me all in the same room ... with a window that seems to facing the sun during the hotest part of the day ...

I need to get the temperature down ...

Any suggestions ?

Where can I buy an air cooler ?

Best place to go for white blinds ?

Etc ...

To keep yourself cool you could try one of these:

http://www.gadgets.co.uk/air_conditioner.html

Not likely to effect the overall room temperature too much but should keep you cooler if you direct it at your face.

Jamie, and Nick with your billions of "e"'s LOL ;).

No seriously, Argos do these (hideous) but do the job at £30 coolers that are a light as well, you know those things?

Or get a desk fan and have that next to you. I do. U have now.

Also. you can get a program for your computer if you are concerned about your Computers fan temperature, doesen't do anything about it though!! (SpeedFan 4.12). It takes temperatures of your CPU fan every now and then. Mine is 37oC.

:thumbsup:

get a bedsheet. soak it in the cold water, wring it so it stops dripping, drape it over a open window. that *should* help a bit.

Alternatively go into desert mode - sleep in your cellar during the day and come out at night.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Looks like a trip to B&Q (hillsborough) is in order first thing in the morning ..

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/category/category.jsp?CATID=190440

That desktop unit looked cool t020 ... need something that's gonna keep me super cool tho.

Desert mode sounds interesting tho Phan ... maybe if I adapt to ... work from coolest room in house mode ...

Then I'd just need to up-root my PC ... which would mean no cable ... hmmm ... unless I get an extension ...

Originally posted by Jamie

Looks like a trip to B&Q (hillsborough) is in order first thing in the morning ..

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/category/category.jsp?CATID=190440

On order.. thankyou B&Q web site and home delivery.. don't want to risk going tomorrow and finding none there :P

Thanks for that one Jamie.. I'm currently sitting in a 35 degree heat with a fan blasting me... it's plain crazy :loopy:

Originally posted by Martin_s

On order.. thankyou B&Q web site and home delivery.. don't want to risk going tomorrow and finding none there :P

The £49 one at B&G looks exactly the same as the £89 one at argos !!

Err ... yeah ... don't anyone go down there before me and buy *MY* air cooler !!

Seems that the £49 B&Q air cooler can only be ordered online ... should be with me tommorow ...

How about other ideas for keeping cool !?

1) Fill 10 * 500ml plastic drinks bottles with water and pop in the freezer ... when frozen ... place these around the room.

2) Fill several buckets with ice cubes and place these around the room.

Would these ideas work !?

One bit of heat and everyone goes ballistic. OK the side effect to this great weather is that it’s hard to sleep at night and yes it’s sometimes muggy.

However when you’re indoors in the shade it’s much nicer. However if people must go OTT on something to cool them down…. I know the perfect thing for you…. It’s called a FAN.

We have one in the bedroom on full blast (well we did last night) and it did the trick. Circulates air around the room and helps us get a good nights sleep. Air conditioning units are expensive / can only be used in the odd few days of summer heat and noisey.

Weather folk have predicted that we’re going to have a poor summer this year (rain / bit of sun / rain / rain / rain / bit of sun / rain etc) so I wouldn’t waste my money and space on an air conditioning unit which will only dry the back of your throat and keep you awake with all the noise anyway.

If you lived in Spain / Canary Islands or the States I could understand the need cos their summers are WAY hotter, but I’m sure air conditioning is a little too much for merry old Engerland :thumbsup: