Guinea pig claws

anyone know where i can get my guinea pigs claws cut as they are longer than normal

Vets!

the vet nurse will do it for about £5 or they will sell you the clippers to do it yourself if you are brave enough. light coloured claws are easy but with black claws you can't see the bed and it is too easy to cut too much off and make them bleed.

I let the vets do it

Dave..

My mum used to do ours.

You can buy clippers at pets at home

I used to do our but can't remember where we got the clippers from, as has already been said be careful especially if they have black claws

any poodle parlour, pets r us etc will do them for u for about ?3

________

GRAPE APE PICTURES

Edited by pinklady

I usually do my pigs myself, u can just use normal nail clippers although it does make it more difficult to see what your doing, or u can buy some small animal clippers that are made for rabbits + guinea pigs. Its usually difficult to tell if the pig has dark coloured nails so u just have to take a small amount off the end. If the nails are really sharp they can be filed down, just depends whether your pig will sit still because i know my lot wont! They're more interested in eating the file or clippers.