Ahhhhhhhh

Millhouses Lido, the place to go in the summer in the 70's.

Nothing like that nowadays.

It was like a holiday on your doorstep.

Just such happy memories.

Anyone else think so?

Went to Millhouses Lido when I lived on Low Edges. I use to work on shifts at the Post Office and had plenty of leisure time during the day.

The bus (81?)from outside the COOP on Angel Street was always full of kids with trunks/cossies and towels heading for Millhoses Lido.

Remember the lines of ice cream vans (Granelli and Manfredie (sp) the names I remember) lined up on the road outside Millhouses Park? I doubt there are that many ice cream vans in the whole of Sheffield these days. Jubbly anyone?

I recall bashing my face again the wall in The Lido and getting a bloody nose, looked quite dramatic at the time.

The summers in the 1970s seem so long and hot. So much for global warming ;)

Happy days indeed

I used to go there lots and spent many happy days there. I didn't like the freezing water though!!!:hihi:

through the 70's early 80's I was there every weekend through the summer , think me old mum just gave me the bus fare to save on the hot water bills for a bath :hihi:

loved the place.

I used to go there lots and spent many happy days there. I didn't like the freezing water though!!!:hihi:

Freezing water? In the 1970s I don't remember the temperature ever dropping below about 90 degrees between April & October... they only just had enough water in Ladybower to keep the various lidos, paddling pools and the new Sheaf Valley baths full of water ;)

Course the second week in October we had 30" of snow and temperatures way below freezing until the weekend after Easter :D

At least we knew what sort of weather to expect!

Happy Days

My kid brother broke his foot at the lido,it was a great place but man it was cold.

yeah i used to go to the lido, wikkid place when a kid :P

i remember going to the lido every weekend with my mates.as i lived and still live at lowedges we used to walk down.spent may hours there.we used to sit on the fountains in the middle of the pool.

we used to sit on the fountains in the middle of the pool.

i cant remember you

:hihi:

Oh yes had many a fun time here it was wicked:thumbsup:

geeee, last time I went to the lido musta bin 1970's... still got the photos...