Sign in to follow this  

So, did anyone knit in public on Saturday?

I didn't, I'm afraid. It was just too hot here. I tried, but the yarn kept sticking to my hands. This weather is definitely not conducive to getting any knitting done.

I let the side down too i'm afraid! I was too busy and tired and hot to go outside and knit in between working a split shift saturday. I did however knit in public for the first time on friday at the garden centre outside cafe, it started off kinda half in my bag, i'm not sure what exactly i was afraid of... but after a row it was out the bag properly. I had no funny looks which was nice although there was an old man watching me for awhile.

I let the side down too i'm afraid! I was too busy and tired and hot to go outside and knit in between working a split shift saturday. I did however knit in public for the first time on friday at the garden centre cafe, it started off kinda half in my bag, i'm not sure what exactly i was afraid of... but after a row it was out the bag properly. I had no funny looks which was nice although there was an old man watching me for awhile.

I like the idea of the old man watching you. It might have reminded him of the knitting his wife used to do.

I sometimes do the same when I'm knitting outside the house; the yarns tends to stay in the bag, with the needles sort of half in, half out. It depends on where I am and how many people are around. Silly really. It's not the fact that I'm knitting, it's more that I don't like to be watched :hihi: .

No sadly I didnt. I had a limpet son with a temperature of 39C and a chest infection:( No knitting was done as he was not sleeping - so neither was I:?

LisaH xxx

No sadly I didnt. I had a limpet son with a temperature of 39C and a chest infection:( No knitting was done as he was not sleeping - so neither was I:?

LisaH xxx

Poor little bugger, and in this heat too. I hope he's feeling better today.