Walking routes in sheffield

Hello

I am new to sheffield and enjoy walking. I would appreciate if anyone can tell me about walking routes in sheffield.Is there anything equivalent of autoroute --for walking so that you put your destination and click and route unfolds.

Cheers

Hello

I am new to sheffield and enjoy walking. I would appreciate if anyone can tell me about walking routes in sheffield.Is there anything equivalent of autoroute --for walking so that you put your destination and click and route unfolds.

Cheers

You have the 'Right to roam' so go anywhere you wish!:evil:

Sorry, but 'walkers' are not at the top of my Christmas list at the moment:mad:

On saying that, enjoy the vast and beautiful countryside we have available locally and give a friendly wave in the BYWAYS! :wink::thumbsup:

There's also the Round Walk, lovely on a day like today :)

New version of the OS explorer maps will have all the relevant access information. I use it for plotting any ‘unusual’ cycle routes.

Failing that, the library and tourist info will produce leaflets. Get something back for your council tax

the five weirs walk is amazing. Start from beneath Castle Market, walk along the river (which is probalby the only bad part in the walk) then through a new spider bridge, which has to be seen to be believed.

Then you find yourself walking along this brilliant green corridor next to the river, right next to all these amazing old factories. It's beautiful. And you end up at Meadowhall so you can get the tram back. It's about 3 miles.

The Rivelin Valley's good too. But I agree with right to roam guy, just walk in any direction and you'll find hills and streets with brilliant views at the end.

I've just been sent a letter form the organisers of the local area trans pennine trail.

The route starts off at Penistone at 1.30pm and goes to Wentworth Castle on Sunday the 25th June.

Email Emma at [email protected] for more info

Sheffield Forum has so many other "interest groups", its surprising that there isn't a walkers' group here. Wonder if there is sufficient demand, or whether everyone is already settled with their existing walking partners?

Dear all

thanks for your replies.I am already excited .Transpennine trail appears exciting and I shall be writing the email.Five weirs walk is for tomorrow.

Anywalks from city centre towards eckington?

The town's just a short car or even bike ride from The Peak National Park. As I mentioned in the picnic topic .. a walk around Ladybower Reservoir is a rather pleasant experience - especially the food at the local there.

For a walk in the industrial past of the city .. pay a visit to the open air museum at Abbeydale. This was a most interesting experience and you do walk a lot too!

Conisbrough Castle and all the spots listed in the picnic thread .. base a walk around those areas and you cannot go wrong!

Oh - almost forgot the Rother Valley Country Park as well!

I'm working on a site at the moment that might be useful, but for another 5 post I can't post links... so I'll come back soon and do that :)