View Full Version : Corrupt social workers

LOWEnBEHOLD
08-06-2006, 13:07
Hi, Can any one help.

I am involved with the local authortiy namely social services and have had them on my case for a while.

I have recorded and written evidence that shows that at least two workers have lied to justify their means and this has been verified to myself by other 3rd party agencies.

I want to complain further against these workers as there as been to much corruption within social services and I should know, I was dragged up by their system for 14 years and still can't get shut of them, but at the moment I am unable to as the evidence is tied into court matters, and I could face prosecution if I release the information.

The only response that I get from Customer relations is that I have to wait until the court matters are dealt with. The problem is that the court date is scheduled to end in November and during all that time these workers are still working for social services.

I can't just sit back with the knowledge that these social workers are corrupt and knowing that they have many families under their control of who could be facing the same situation with these workers as what we are.

If anybody can give us any advice on this matter, this would be appreciated because I am sick of scandal within Social Services.

If anyone with legal experience can advise, paperwork can be made available but please note, proof of being a solicitor would have to be shown beforehand.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Reidstar
08-06-2006, 13:30
Blimey - this sounds like hardcore stuff. I work for Social Services myself. Can you give any more information so I may be able to help?

What type of corruption are we talking about? Illegal or immoral?

stackmonkey
08-06-2006, 13:56
try the Citizen's advice Bureau?

mighty
08-06-2006, 14:27
I totally agree with you there. Ive had 4 kids taken off me cause of social services. And that thir say !!we dont like splitting families up!! so where are my kids then:rant:

Cyclone
08-06-2006, 14:40
why not find yourself a solicitor and go straight to them?

Reidstar
08-06-2006, 15:18
I totally agree with you there. Ive had 4 kids taken off me cause of social services. And that thir say !!we dont like splitting families up!! so where are my kids then:rant:

I hate to defend SS, but they don't tend to get involved unless there is a REAL problem!

TeaFan
08-06-2006, 16:19
I hate to defend SS, but they don't tend to get involved unless there is a REAL problem!

Except when parents with learning disabilities are involved. Way too many of these parents are told that their support needs are "too low" to get any help from adult social services, and then have child protection services telling them that because they don't have any support, they can't safely parent their kids. It's a nasty catch 22 which needs sorting out.

Don_Kiddick
08-06-2006, 16:52
Do you know the difference between a social worker & a rottweiller?

You can get your kid back off a rotty :hihi:

gnomi
08-06-2006, 17:28

so its nothing to do with you then.....?

sccsux
08-06-2006, 17:46
why not find yourself a solicitor and go straight to them?

Because that would be the worst thing he/she could do (they are as corrupt as the Social Services). Why'd you think they're called "Solicitors"? 'Cause they're a load of whores:(

Not on all occasions. I know of at least 3 occasions where this sort of thing has happened (where SWs have lied to achieve their goals) even to the point of comiting perjury.

Hi, Can any one help.

I am involved with the local authortiy namely social services and have had them on my case for a while.

I have recorded and written evidence that shows that at least two workers have lied to justify their means and this has been verified to myself by other 3rd party agencies.

I want to complain further against these workers as there as been to much corruption within social services and I should know, I was dragged up by their system for 14 years and still can't get shut of them, but at the moment I am unable to as the evidence is tied into court matters, and I could face prosecution if I release the information.

The only response that I get from Customer relations is that I have to wait until the court matters are dealt with. The problem is that the court date is scheduled to end in November and during all that time these workers are still working for social services.

I can't just sit back with the knowledge that these social workers are corrupt and knowing that they have many families under their control of who could be facing the same situation with these workers as what we are.

If anybody can give us any advice on this matter, this would be appreciated because I am sick of scandal within Social Services.

If anyone with legal experience can advise, paperwork can be made available but please note, proof of being a solicitor would have to be shown beforehand.

We know exactly what you mean, having seen it with our own eyes.

If you decide to go the solicitor route, the make sure you choose one from out of Sheffield (if it is Sheffield SS) otherwise you may find the Council "poach" your solicitor weeks before the trial - which results in evidence disappearing, never to be seen again - you loose:(.

gularscute
08-06-2006, 17:48
It sounds like people with personal grudges trying to draw other people into their messy lives.

sccsux
08-06-2006, 18:02
It sounds like people with personal grudges trying to draw other people into their messy lives.

Sounds more like someone has had enough (14 years) of the interfering busy-bodies, and knows perfectly well how the "Alan's" operate (probably 'cause they've seen them in action on pervious occasions). It also sounds like th OP wants them out of thier lives, which is a perfectly reasonable request - unless they are less than 18.

Social workers are a vile, evil group of people, who operate with (virtual) impunity (especially in the family courts).

gularscute
08-06-2006, 18:35
Your latest post reinforces my opinion.

peterw
08-06-2006, 20:47
Hi, Can any one help.

P.M Me. I have a very good friend with similar problems and two heads might be better than one. He lives in Sheffield, and has mountains of evidence against Sheffield’s social workers. I could possibly either arrange for you to meet him, or give you his telephone number. I’ve been slated on this Forum for more or less saying the same thing as you, but they’re as corrupt as is possible to get. They’ll even wiithhold information to get their way, and unfortunately judges would sooner believe them than anyone else!

If anyone else is in the same predicament I’ll arrange a meeting in Sheffield for all who want to attend. I’ll also invite a couple of Councillors from the appropriate Committee!

peterw
08-06-2006, 20:49

Sorry, but you’re living in a dream world!

peterw
08-06-2006, 20:51
Blimey - this sounds like hardcore stuff. I work for Social Services myself. Can you give any more information so I may be able to help?

What type of corruption are we talking about? Illegal or immoral?

Personally, illegal and immoral! And not just one or two!

peterw
08-06-2006, 20:53
Social workers are a vile, evil group of people, who operate with (virtual) impunity (especially in the family courts).

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

LOWEnBEHOLD
08-06-2006, 22:01
Nice to see a difference of opinion from all angles.

The evidence i have is a social worker was telling other third parties something totally different to ourselves and then denying it.

The other social worker is in a senior position and whilst during an investigation because we put our complaints through the correct channels she lied to the investigator expecting her manager to back her up, but when he was interviewed he denied ever talking to this worker.

Our complaints then went on to a tribunal which was sat by councillors and basically they brushed the matter aside.

TO THE PEOPLE WHO ARE STATING THAT THIS IS A GRUDGE THING - HERE IS YOUR REPLY.

My children were removed because of problems arising with my ex wife and her mental health. I was forever reporting her missing and she was sleeping on the streets constantly. When she was at home she was leaving the kids home alone.

I asked Social Services for help and their overall help was to to take the kids away.

I was dragged up by their system and now are getting blamed for any mistakes I have personally made because of the way I was brought up.

At the end of the day, I have tried everything to win my kids back and during the last 6 years have been to court twice. On both occasions I have lost not due to my failings but because social services have not followed up on what they stated they were going to put in to place.

What people who haven't been in this situation at all don't understand is that you are limited on the amount of times you can apply to the courts, that you don't automatically qualify for legal aid for taking matters back to court.

I have personally been out of work for 8 months to get matters back into court, I am not allowed to claim job seekers allowance as the legal aid board class this as an income, so the wife & I are living off one wage with full bills to pay.

So if you think there is greivece, then this is it, the fact that I have been left in a rut all for wanting my kids back home, and my only other grievance is people who speak and make comment before understanding all angles.

My wife is a qualified Nursery Nurse and dealt with social services before she met me on the teaching side of things but since she has been a step mum to my kids her opinion against social services have swung in the opposite direction as too her families opinion, Why because of the way they run things.

Before people start to critisise, they should do a bit of home work to see the statistics on parents giving up within the first six months of social services getting involved it is around the 80% mark of parents who do quit.

I have battled for over 6 years and will never give up on my kids.

replies given to those who asked for it.
Thanks

LOWEnBEHOLD
08-06-2006, 22:27

For your information.

I have used the complaints proceedure on other occasions.

The first time I had 8 out of 11 complaints upheld by an independant investigator.
Then also upheld by the ombudsman 6 months later.

Outcome £500 compensation (which the kids enjoyed) and reccomendations that social services should abide to.

This was in 2004, and we are still waiting for social services to oblige.

Another occasion of where I have used the complaints proceedure and on this occasion I have had around the same number of complaints upheld and the same result from social services.....nothing.

Because I am back in court the ombudsman are suspending the investigations until that is over which means these social workers are still working as social workers.

To finally put the icing on the cake, we have had 6 different social workers in 6 years. 3 within the last year....why because we highlighted the failings of the social workers in question.

I have met okay social workers who agree that the way their system is wrong, I have even had social workers asking me at FATHER FIGURES CONVENTIONS if I would sit in on their sessions once they have heard what I have had to say. I'm still waiting for one of those invites.

Social services are not concerned about their failings because all they do is move the children out of the city, which makes the process harder.

If you do a bit of ground work you will see that the majority of cases are now moved away from the city of where the children were living solely for the process to fail.

I challenge any social worker to show me different.

rothschild
08-06-2006, 23:45
LOWEnBEHOLD. Firstly may I say that you come over as a very sincere and genuine person that is suffering at the hands of the "gods" that call themselves "social services". My heart goes out to you, your children and your wife. It fills me with sadness to read such threads as yours because I know exactly what you are suffering. Nothing changes I see. My own story is different to yours in as much as it involved my daughter and my grandchild. I won't even begin to go into detail because it happened 11 years ago now. Social services failed my daughter miserably and I still blame one particular social worker for being instrumental in my daughter's death. Anyhow.....it was within a week of her death that I had to fire myself into action and it took me three years in total but I DID prove negligence (and a load of lying) on the behalf of the social services. Heads rolled and bodies were shuffled around within the department! Long term sickness with full pay ensued for this particular social worker and I even proved that a Guardian ad litum had been silenced! It was the most harrowing time of my life I can tell you. We were offered compensation but I told them to shove it up their a**** because no amount of money could ever compensate for what I had gone through!
I will make it clear hear and now that I was not under scrutiny from the social services.......neither had I had any children removed/prevented from living with me etc. I was merely acting on behalf of my deceased child and my grandchild. I had nothing to gain or lose and that is perhaps the biggest thing to note here. They COULDN'T hurt me! They had however taken things into their own hands regarding my grandchild without consulting anybody.....namely ME! They had broken every "law" going and they did it because they thought they could!! Yes it took a long time but then again that is not surprising is it? The end results were to my satisfaction but I am perfectly aware of just what damage social services are capable of doing to any family!
Lowe......you have to hang in there and shout as loud as you can. Go see your local MP.......though mine was a waste of space when I needed her help, yours might just be different. I fought like a tiger and I am afraid that is just what you are going to have to do. I wish I could offer you more advice and help. I can offer you the very best of luck though.........and also to all others who are going through a bad time with social services.

tom3t0
09-06-2006, 00:16
when my sister was being bullied by "friends" drug dealers and the likes, she was pinned down by a 30+ yo mother while the father burned her with cigarettes, (these people are crack dealers). My nother wanted to know how shed recieved the burns and to have something done about it. She rang the police, school and social services. An investigation was launched into my mother?, once it was accepted it was not my mother and the above mentioned, all interest was lost as they had no obligationn to do anything about it. A social worker was then appointed for my sister because of various behavorial and drug problems, and the social worker suggested and persuaded my mother to give my sister at least £5 a day, wtf? nuff said

Cyclone
09-06-2006, 07:12
Because that would be the worst thing he/she could do (they are as corrupt as the Social Services). Why'd you think they're called "Solicitors"? 'Cause they're a load of whores:(

Rampant paranoia.

sccsux
09-06-2006, 10:39
Rampant paranoia.

Nope.

Simple fact. Pure & simple.

We know, 'cause we've had it happen to us.

Cyclone
09-06-2006, 10:43
you've had it happen that 'all solicitors' are in cahoots with social services and really just want to con you?

sccsux
09-06-2006, 10:59
really just want to con you?

Solicitors are out to con whoever they can.

They sell themselves to the highest bidder.

They are whores.

KenH
09-06-2006, 11:30

They are whores.

I have seen solicitors several times in the past when buying houses or checking contracts. On none of these occasions did any of the solicitors offer to have sex with me for money. I do remember a receptionist smiling at me once, does that count?

TwoFour
09-06-2006, 12:45
I'm not sure what you are expecting to get from the forum except somehere to vent your feelings which is fair enough.

Social Workers don't get involved with children unless there's a problem. They are understaffed and underfunded and so to do otherwise is simply not possible. You have given some information but I'm not sure you'll get any contructive help here, just sympathy which I am also offering.

You seem to know the system well and I'm not sure there is anything else you can do in terms of the Social Workers and theri decisions. Ultimately it's the courts decision to remove kids and that is probably the only redress you have. If your solicitor couldnt convince the court that SS were wrong rthen there must have ben evidence against you or your wife. At the end of the day, the Ombudsman will make a decision but it is only right that that the court hearing takes priority.

Your MP may be able to help as said by another poster.

TwoFour
09-06-2006, 12:48

I am an ex social worker (still registered) and find this post offensive. It is an absurd generalisation that says more about you than about social workers.

Most social workers are reasonable people doing a good job.

Cyclone
09-06-2006, 13:16

They are whores.

Anyone who works for a living does the same (sell themself to the highest bidder). Does that mean we are all whores?

sccsux
09-06-2006, 14:11
I am an ex social worker (still registered) and find this post offensive.

And I should care.... How? I find Social Workers offensive, beligerent and determind to further nothing other than thier "career":(.

I've seen them (SS) lie in closed court (family).

Does that mean we are all whores?

Corporately speaking, yes:D.

Though some of us are quite happy with thier lot & feel no need to "sell out".

As I have intimated in other threads, cash is not my God:P:D.

LOWEnBEHOLD
09-06-2006, 19:02
In reply to TWOFOUR.

I agree that there are some decent social workers but the whole system is corrupt.

A couple of friends of mine have gone through a year long battle for their kids all because of depression.
The courts destroyed the order after social services could not produce enough evidence to keep the kids away. They were placed on supervision orders for six months....where was social services during that six months....nowhere.

If you think this is right and social workers lying is right then this shows that you are in the right job.

Maybe you are a decent social worker, but this post is about showing the corruptionness within a service that is there supposedly to help....hinder more like. If you are that concerned about how people view social services then either seek the corruptioness out yourself and tell the truth instead of backing each others mistakes up all the time or get another job.

I have no disputes that the courts still had grounds not to return my children, but as I explained earlier, this was down to SS not following through with THEIR responsibilities and THEIR duties. Not anything that I was responsible for, how did they do this......by lying about it all.

I rest my case.

peterw
09-06-2006, 19:56
I am an ex social worker (still registered) and find this post offensive. It is an absurd generalisation that says more about you than about social workers.

Nationwide, this is not true. Tonight (Friday June 9) BBC1’s Real Story (bbc.co.uk/real story) revealed that Family Courts are going to be more open. Not much, but it’s a start.

However, the main story concerned a family in Norfolk whose three children were taken away from them and adopted because one of those children — they had themselves taken the child to hospital — had what ‘experts’ claimed was a fractured foot bone which could only have been caused by holding it in the air by its legs and by the holder then twisting his or her hands while holding.

Criminal Court proceedings followed, and the couple were cleared because criminal courts, which have juries, reporters and members of the public present, work only on evidence, and verdicts by juries after they have weighed all that evidence and discussed it and voted.

Family Courts are secretive, and verdicts — only given by a judge — are based only on “the balance of probability”. They don’t have juries, newspaper reporters are not allowed in the court and neither are members of the public; all of which combine to give social workers the opportunity to lie and cheat — which they frequently do.

The couple featured in Real Story were expecting a fourth child which would have automatically been taken away from them had they stayed there. So they fled to Ireland, hoping in vain that Irish social workers were more sympathetic. But they were not. Norfolk social services hot-footed it over there to meet the Irish social workers, and the outcome was that whether they stayed in Ireland or returned to Norfolk, the outcome was almost certainly to be the same.

And when those social service workers met, they would NOT even allow the couple’s solicitor into the meeting to give his clients the benefit of his legal advice!

So ‘on the balance of probability’ — which social service workers seem to enjoy — it might be a wise move not to publicly broadcast the fact that you’re an ex-social worker.

I can prove that the majority of child care social workers are not reasonable people. I wonder, can you give me proof that they are?

My apologies if you feel offended, but facts are facts and social workers — and I say this after a great deal of thought and with feeling — are the social lepers of society.

peterw
09-06-2006, 20:19
I'm not sure what you are expecting to get from the forum except somehere to vent your feelings which is fair enough.

Social Workers don't get involved with children unless there's a problem. They are understaffed and underfunded and so to do otherwise is simply not possible. You have given some information but I'm not sure you'll get any contructive help here, just sympathy which I am also offering.

You seem to know the system well and I'm not sure there is anything else you can do in terms of the Social Workers and theri decisions. Ultimately it's the courts decision to remove kids and that is probably the only redress you have. If your solicitor couldnt convince the court that SS were wrong rthen there must have ben evidence against you or your wife. At the end of the day, the Ombudsman will make a decision but it is only right that that the court hearing takes priority.

Your MP may be able to help as said by another poster.

I must disagree with you that “there must be evidence against you or your wife”. Family Courts don’t deal with real evidence. Social workers can suppress it, lose it, lie and cheat about it, and there is nothing anyone can do — even solicitors. And as I have said in my previous posting, everything is based on “the balance of probabilty” and they don’t want to know about “hard evidence.” And you can’t blame ‘under-funding and under-staffing’ for that.

I have spoken on the telephone to the original Poster, and everything he says reflects everything I know about this particular subject. He’s gone through the procedures like others have, but believe me — it’s like hitting your head against a brick wall. What you’ve got to remember is that it doesn’t seem to bother social workers that they hold the entire lives of families in their hand, but seem incapable of telling the truth when it really matters.

However, I truly hope that the outcome of his Posting bears some fruit. Through our telephone conversation he now has the means of contacting another sufferer in almost the same boat — his daughter was placed with a Sheffield family which the BBC’s Panorama programme described as the city’s “Neighbours From Hell” — and if any other forumers have experience these problems with Sheffield’s social services, if they’d like to P.M me I’ll arrange a meeting and invite a Sheffield M.P and hopefully at least one member of the Council’s social services committee.

So, Sheffield Forum does do some good, in that it draws people together. And the more people who are willing to tell me their experiences, the beter chance we have, collectively, of doing something about it.

Siân
09-06-2006, 20:59
Nationwide, this is not true. Tonight (Friday June 9) BBC1’s Real Story (bbc.co.uk/real story) revealed that Family Courts are going to be more open. Not much, but it’s a start.

However, the main story concerned a family in Norfolk whose three children were taken away from them and adopted because one of those children — they had themselves taken the child to hospital — had what ‘experts’ claimed was a fractured foot bone which could only have been caused by holding it in the air by its legs and by the holder then twisting his or her hands while holding.

Criminal Court proceedings followed, and the couple were cleared because criminal courts, which have juries, reporters and members of the public present, work only on evidence, and verdicts by juries after they have weighed all that evidence and discussed it and voted.

Family Courts are secretive, and verdicts — only given by a judge — are based only on “the balance of probability”. They don’t have juries, newspaper reporters are not allowed in the court and neither are members of the public; all of which combine to give social workers the opportunity to lie and cheat — which they frequently do.

The couple featured in Real Story were expecting a fourth child which would have automatically been taken away from them had they stayed there. So they fled to Ireland, hoping in vain that Irish social workers were more sympathetic. But they were not. Norfolk social services hot-footed it over there to meet the Irish social workers, and the outcome was that whether they stayed in Ireland or returned to Norfolk, the outcome was almost certainly to be the same.

And when those social service workers met, they would NOT even allow the couple’s solicitor into the meeting to give his clients the benefit of his legal advice!

So ‘on the balance of probability’ — which social service workers seem to enjoy — it might be a wise move not to publicly broadcast the fact that you’re an ex-social worker.

I can prove that the majority of child care social workers are not reasonable people. I wonder, can you give me proof that they are?

My apologies if you feel offended, but facts are facts and social workers — and I say this after a great deal of thought and with feeling — are the social lepers of society.

It was pointed out right at the end of the programme that we couldn't have the full facts, as regards the evidence Norfolk Social Services had, since the law prevents them from defending their decision by disclosing the information they have.

Listening to the programme I certainly felt I was being guided to believe the family had been subjected to the most awful treatment but from experience I know how difficult it is to get children removed from families even when abuse is evident, so I'm not going to be led by even the most well meaning of journalists.

Without any input from the social workers dealing with that case it's pretty hard to come to any real conclusions, however much your heart strings were pulled (& I don't deny mine certainly were) by the story of the 3 children who were removed from the family and the baby whose future was yet to be decided.

I don't think anyone could really believe the social workers/family court in question would have found it an easy decision to remove the children from their family & place them for adoption. Encountering possible evidence of child abuse even on a 'basic' level (even without having to delve further into things) is incredibly distressing so I do have respect for those who encounter this as part of their work on a regular basis (be they social workers, police or any other professional).

There may well be flaws in the system, the secrecy surrounding the family court system is worrying, but the answer to that is to make the process more open.

LOWEnBEHOLD - you sound like you are the victim of not getting the help you are entitled to due to lack of funding. For what it's worth getting in touch with your local MP sounds like a very good idea to me. MPs can bring an awful lot of pressure to bear in cases like this.

BTW - personally I'd say it's people who abuse children, not those doing their best to protect them - however misguided you may feel they are, who are the social lepers in society.

zippy
09-06-2006, 21:30

or, in the case of adult services

-demoralised by the system and trotting out the 'computer says no' answer' leaving families and health to pick up the pieces

occiasionally you meet a good social worker in adult services

I have to say my professiona ldealings with social services over child protection however have been very good

peterw
09-06-2006, 22:39
It was pointed out right at the end of the programme that we couldn't have the full facts, as regards the evidence Norfolk Social Services had, since the law prevents them from defending their decision by disclosing the information they have.

Listening to the programme I certainly felt I was being guided to believe the family had been subjected to the most awful treatment but from experience I know how difficult it is to get children removed from families even when abuse is evident, so I'm not going to be led by even the most well meaning of journalists.

Without any input from the social workers dealing with that case it's pretty hard to come to any real conclusions, however much your heart strings were pulled (& I don't deny mine certainly were) by the story of the 3 children who were removed from the family and the baby whose future was yet to be decided.

I don't think anyone could really believe the social workers/family court in question would have found it an easy decision to remove the children from their family & place them for adoption. Encountering possible evidence of child abuse even on a 'basic' level (even without having to delve further into things) is incredibly distressing so I do have respect for those who encounter this as part of their work on a regular basis (be they social workers, police or any other professional).

There may well be flaws in the system, the secrecy surrounding the family court system is worrying, but the answer to that is to make the process more open.

LOWEnBEHOLD - you sound like you are the victim of not getting the help you are entitled to due to lack of funding. For what it's worth getting in touch with your local MP sounds like a very good idea to me. MPs can bring an awful lot of pressure to bear in cases like this.

BTW - personally I'd say it's people who abuse children, not those doing their best to protect them - however misguided you may feel they are, who are the social lepers in society.

I take your point, but respectfully suggest that you have perhaps omitted a point to make it. This case was heard in an open criminal court and the evidence there was available to anyone who cared to attend. The jury dedided of the available evidence that the couple were Not Guilty. However,
Norfolk Social Services took no notice of that! In their eyes, they were as Guilty as Sin and because of that they tore a family apart.

Incidentally, I have tried my M.P. who didn’t want to know. He backs social services all the way! Not that it makes any difference nowadays, but he is a Labour Member — and not a very “Liberal” one.

Cyclone
09-06-2006, 23:15
I fail to understand why people who get into social services would become basically 'evil' people as they are being betrayed.
There's no good evidence been given as for why it happens, just statements that it does.

If social services is made up of a cross section of the population, then you'd expect the same number of corrupt/power hungry/evil people to join as in any other profession, which would imply that the majority of social workers will be caring, professional people who only break up a family as a last resort.

peterw
10-06-2006, 00:30
I cannot reasonably explain it. My thoughts on the subject are ‘either or’. For example, females particularly, since they have almost overwhelming powers they enjoy using them. Or, the majority of them are man-haters.
Or they gain whatever qualifications they need, but no one in authority has yet had the sense to define their suitability to do the job.

Again for example, while they can pry into every aspect of a family’s life, we cannot — unless we do it legally or illegally by employing a private detective — investigate theirs.

How many have experienced a nasty divorce? How many are unmarried mothers? How many have no children at all but believe they are qualified to plot the destiny of families that have? I think this, and stability in their home lives, is something local authorities should investigate before choosing any social worker. I’ve nothing against any such person doing the job, providing they have the right temperament to di t.

TwoFour
10-06-2006, 08:15
So ‘on the balance of probability’ — which social service workers seem to enjoy — it might be a wise move not to publicly broadcast the fact that you’re an ex-social worker..

I am sorry but this sounds like a threat. Please clarify

I'm disappointed by this reply. Social Workers cannot do right can they? Perhaps we should all stop completely and allow child abusers to carry on beating, neglecting and sexually assaulting children. Perhaps we should condemn children to a miserable upbringing at the hands of unfit parents. Perhaps we should let vulnerable adults die of neglect in their own sh*t or battered by their families? I say again that most SW are decent people wantig to do a decent job.

I know that I am right because I know lots of social workers and you don't. I am sorry you have had bad experiences but thats what SW do , they get involed in poeple's lives at times of crisis and despair..its no wonder that they sometimes come out looking bad is it? What do you expect? Often families divide on childcare issues and the SW is bound to end up appearing to be the enemy of one side or the other.

To criticise someone for the job they have chosen is despicable. I hate the army and all it stands for but I would never criticse someone who volunteered.

Although it may be very hard, please take the broader view and see beyond your own cirumstances. That is addressed to all who have posted on this thread vilifying SWs.

TwoFour
10-06-2006, 08:22
How many have experienced a nasty divorce? How many are unmarried mothers? How many have no children at all but believe they are qualified to plot the destiny of families that have? I think this, and stability in their home lives, is something local authorities should investigate before choosing any social worker. I’ve nothing against any such person doing the job, providing they have the right temperament to di t.

I have some sympathy with you on this. There are a number of very young (early 20s) SW with horrendous caseloads of high risk cases. The fact is though that by late 20s, many are burnt out and leave. It is one of the most stressful jobs you can do and the stress is often greatest on those who care the most. Some life experience definitely makes for a better worker

TwoFour
10-06-2006, 08:28
I must disagree with you that “there must be evidence against you or your wife”. Family Courts don’t deal with real evidence. Social workers can suppress it, lose it, lie and cheat about it, and there is nothing anyone can do — even solicitors. And as I have said in my previous posting, everything is based on “the balance of probabilty” and they don’t want to know about “hard evidence.” And you can’t blame ‘under-funding and under-staffing’ for that

Yes , OK but should SS really wait until they have proof beyond reasonable doubt before removing a child? Abusive parents don't come out saying "its a fair cop" do they? Abusive parents atre often lying and manipulaitve and so action is taken below the reasonable doubt threshold. Of course this can compromise justice but what other way is there? You cannot wait for the evidence to come and land in your lap in some cases.

TwoFour
10-06-2006, 08:30
And I should care.... How?

because I am a person and I have been offended. Thanks for your kind words

KenH
10-06-2006, 08:41
I have had no dealings with social workers, but doubt they are corrupt. I do think that they are sometimes given misleading medical information which they treat as fact. I think that the real problem is with doctors, although clearly only a tiny fraction of them. We already know that one senior doctor, Professor Sir Roy Meadows, invented a disease (MSBP) and then other doctors took this as a real disease and told social services who then took away many children. Meadows himself defended this fictional disease to the extent that he was personnaly responsible for several innocent people going to gaol. There are many other instances where children have had some genuine illness and the doctors viewed the symptoms as abuse, because they had been taught to look for such signs, often by now discredited experts. In the case of the children in Teesside that were taken into care some years ago now, the doctors involved effectively abused the children during the examinations (they examined their anus in great detail) because they could then detect that they had previously been abused by the parents. It seems to me that the real problem is that the social workers always trust the view of the doctor rather than the parents. After so many so called experts have no been discredited you think they would learn.

waldershelf
10-06-2006, 08:46
Thank god my kids are grown up and are immune from this bunch of self righteous, meddling, all powerful busybodies who don't seem to be answerable to any one, not even the courts. Except their own "family court" sounds like the Spanish inquisition to me!

Cyclone
10-06-2006, 09:23
Yes , OK but should SS really wait until they have proof beyond reasonable doubt before removing a child? Abusive parents don't come out saying "its a fair cop" do they? Abusive parents atre often lying and manipulaitve and so action is taken below the reasonable doubt threshold. Of course this can compromise justice but what other way is there? You cannot wait for the evidence to come and land in your lap in some cases.

if anyone could make a good argument for there being a problem with the system that's it, right there.
What level of certainity are they required to demonstrate, and why must the courts be closed?
The basis of the criminal justice system in this country is 'proof beyond reasonable doubt', to remove that and then hide away the kangaroo court that takes it's place is a mockery of our legal system.

It is never acceptable to say "of course this can comprise justice, but what other way is there". That's probably what the authors of operation kratos said.

LOWEnBEHOLD
10-06-2006, 10:26
Peterw hit it on the head PROBABILITY AND POSSIBLILTIES is all social services work to.

I stand 6' 7" my ex wife was 5' 2". The probability was that she was in fear of me cos of my stature. I still get this now directed at me from social workers. If it wasn't for my solicitor sticking up for me in court, a manager who no longer works for SS tried claiming that I threatened her in court and tried using that as evidence. If it wasn't for the fact that the solicitor was stood there, this would have been used against and I would have not been able to argue the point because the courts see all social workers as trust worthy people. Why would social workers have to lie?

Because it comes with the job.

I lived in residential care from 4 - 15 then was chucked out because in their words and what is on my files "they were unable to control me".
They sent me back to the house (parents) of where the abuse first happened and within 6 months I was living by myself and still attending school.

I was given no support from SS even though I was on a care order till I was 18.

So we have here, total love and affection shown by social services NOT.

And yet I am to blame for the way I am, the way I behave, and the way I parent. I tried pointing out many years ago when my kids were taken that social services were my parents so any parenting skills that they were disputing were dished out by them, but it was still my fault of the failings.

I have attended parenting classes, I have gone to fathers groups and paid for my own councilling whilst on the dole and I received no recognition from social services because they were not in control of it and questioned the things that I have attended, even though most of the things I have done to demonstrate good parenting have been done by agencies such as surestart etc which I was led to believed have good connections with social services, so why is the work not recognised...is this because social services are selective of the agencies they use for the sole purpose of keeping things the way that they want.

To the social worker that keeps posting (TWOFOUR)

For your attention my children at the time was interviewed by escafeld house. During their interviews they stated that it was their mum that was hitting them and locking them in their rooms in dirty nappies. The neighbours reported to the SS that this was going off and it happened whilst I was at work.
So since you have all the answers, why is it that I am the one to blame for allowing this to happen when I knew nothing of it till the investigation started and even then all blame was passed on to me all becaus the ex wife had mental issues.

She still cancels contact with my children now at the last minute leaving them upset, it was like this when we separated over 6.5 years ago.

Why is this still being allowed to go on. I haven't got a clue, apart from the only reason I can see that this is being allowed to carry on is all because of her mental state. On top of that we have had three different social workers all stating that they would cancel her contacts if this carried on....6.5years later is that enough carry on.

So why is it one rule for one and another rule for others, maybe I should go mental as well.

Back on the subject of my friends. They had a visit from SS support team yesterday and even though it was the male friend that called them for help, his partner, who disappeared and left their children as well as her own with my male friend was the one who was getting all the help and the Social Workers even told them both that they only come out because they believed the male friend was looking after all the kids.

So my advice to anyone seeking help from SS......DON'T unless you are female or have female attributes, because it seems that if you are too manly for them, then that's a threat.

MY INVITATION IS STILL OPEN TO ANY SOCIAL WORKER THAT WANTS TO CHALLENGE WHAT IS BEING STATED HERE, MAYBE TWOFOUR WOULD LIKE TO ARRANGE A TOPIC MEETING IF SHE IS SO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WAY PEOPLE FEEL TOWARDS HER PROFESSION. I AM AVAILABLE FOR THISD AND WOULD EVEN STEP IN TO A SS BUILDING TO DO THIS.

LOWEnBEHOLD
10-06-2006, 10:32
Cyclone - I Second Your Motion

You Hit It Right On The Head

Thanks

Siân
10-06-2006, 10:59
if anyone could make a good argument for there being a problem with the system that's it, right there.
What level of certainity are they required to demonstrate, and why must the courts be closed?
The basis of the criminal justice system in this country is 'proof beyond reasonable doubt', to remove that and then hide away the kangaroo court that takes it's place is a mockery of our legal system.

It is never acceptable to say "of course this can comprise justice, but what other way is there". That's probably what the authors of operation kratos said.

As far as I'm aware the courts have been closed, until now, because it was believed it protected the children. I'm sure Twofour would know more about this though. As opening up the courts won't mean that there's a lifting of restrictions on reporting on personal details in these procedures (I assume) then I guess things will start to work pretty much as they do when there are criminal proceedings which involve children. .

As for comparisons with criminal courts there are constant outcries about this system and how it has yet again let down victims. So much so that some people resort to private prosecutions to try and get some form of justice. Now I admit I don't know anything about how the law works when comparing the two but I DO know that it is possible for someone to be found not guilty in a criminal court & yet still be found guilty in a private prosecution - they just won't be jailed.

LOWEnBEHOLD you sound as if you have been monumentally let down by the system and I appreciate your sense of rage. I can't begin to imagine how you're feeling but I do hope that you finally get justice and are able to hold people accountable for their actions.

peterw
10-06-2006, 12:14
I am sorry but this sounds like a threat. Please clarify

I'm disappointed by this reply. Social Workers cannot do right can they? Perhaps we should all stop completely and allow child abusers to carry on beating, neglecting and sexually assaulting children. Perhaps we should condemn children to a miserable upbringing at the hands of unfit parents. Perhaps we should let vulnerable adults die of neglect in their own sh*t or battered by their families? I say again that most SW are decent people wantig to do a decent job.

I know that I am right because I know lots of social workers and you don't. I am sorry you have had bad experiences but thats what SW do , they get involed in poeple's lives at times of crisis and despair..its no wonder that they sometimes come out looking bad is it? What do you expect? Often families divide on childcare issues and the SW is bound to end up appearing to be the enemy of one side or the other.

To criticise someone for the job they have chosen is despicable. I hate the army and all it stands for but I would never criticse someone who volunteered.

Although it may be very hard, please take the broader view and see beyond your own cirumstances. That is addressed to all who have posted on this thread vilifying SWs.

The fact that this posting is seen by you as a ‘threat’ simply strengthens my believe that most social workers lack stability. It wasn’t meant as a threat. It was made simply to point out that if you were to tell all and sundry that you are (or were) a social worker, you’ll not make many new friends.

For your information, I have files on some of Sheffield’s social workers. It comes naturally, having been an old-school journalist (now retired) trained to investigate, and as an end result provide a truthful story.

You probably know far more social workers than I do, but you more than likely know nothing about their lives outside the working environment, and nothing about how they really view the people they visit.

I agree that social workers should do the job they are paid to do and stop abuse, neglect and everything else you’ve mentioned. What social workers should not do is make decisions that affect families throughout their lives without thoroughly checking the facts and presenting ALL THOSE FACTS, NOT JUST THOSE THAT SUIT YOUR PURPOSE, to the Family Court Judge.

P.M me for names if you wish because this is not a hypothetical question, but as a Social Worker given this choice, would you take away a child from its father who has no convictions for any crimes, and give the responsibility of looking after that child to an adult member (with at least one conviction and a custodial sentence for taking children with her on a shop-lifting spree) of a family which the BBC’s Panorama programme highlighted some years ago as Sheffield’s “family from hell”?

Yes, I’m throwing out a challenge. It’s a straight Yes or No, not an “it depends” answer I’m seeking. Answer first, then if you want names and all the details P.M me and I’ll arrange for the ‘victim father’ to meet you. If you really are a decent social working wanting to do a decent job, this particular person will be overjoyed to discover you!

sccsux
10-06-2006, 15:26
What social workers should not do is make decisions that affect families throughout their lives without thoroughly checking the facts and presenting ALL THOSE FACTS, NOT JUST THOSE THAT SUIT YOUR PURPOSE, to the Family Court Judge.

The sad fact of the matter, though, is that they don't check all the facts (nor do they need to in a "Family court"), they can also lie and not explore all alternative options, just to suite their own ends.:(

peterw
10-06-2006, 17:27
At the risk of upsetting another valued organisation, the NSPCC was set up to prevent cruelty to children. Report said cruelty to them — fine, they’ll investigate. Mention any involvement with social services and once you’ve lit the touch-paper stand well back! They don’t want to know.

This applies equally if you report social services to them on the grounds that they are inflicting an aspect of cruelty on a child in their care. Again, light paper and stand well back.

nigsmig
10-06-2006, 21:08
So before the courts did you go through all the multiagency child protection meetings, which uncle tom cobbley an' all attended (the health visitor, the school, the police, the schoolnurse and G.P etc) attended or were you whisked off to court on the "say-so" of just the corrupt social worker? I ask this as someone aware of the processes that families have to go through before court. From what I know before a situation gets taken to court all the others listed above have to be invited to a meeting and then one of the "chairs" calls a vote which everyone participates in, except of course the family. So that didn't happen for you then? If you did have one I presume everyone voted for the matter to go to court and they all put their two pennyworth in towards the decision with little reports that supported social services say so. So why aren't you calling them corrupt? Why just the social worker? Its not telepathy you know, social workers are the recipients of the information they don't wake up with families information in their head. I presume, police, schools and medics all had an imput into your present situation though it seems like social workers now have to carry the can for other people's sending them the info.

pinklady
10-06-2006, 21:31
social workers are the recipients of the information they don't wake up with families information in their head. I presume, police, schools and medics all had an imput into your present situation though it seems like social workers now have to carry the can for other people's sending them the info.

spot on:thumbsup:

Cyclone
10-06-2006, 21:41
a civil case can be decided on the balance of probability, a lower burden of proof than beyond reasonable doubt.

I see no reason why a prosecution by the state (which is what family court is) should only be required to reach the civil burden of proof for such important decisions, and to have no proper channels for appeal, nor adequate public oversight.

Archadvocate
10-06-2006, 23:08
peterw says he was a journo and then has the brass neck to take the moral high ground regarding people presenting all the facts.

Ho ho ho.

Hacks? All the facts? When was the last time anyone heard of that happening?

As for sccscux and his vicious rantings about solicitors, I trust that he has an occupation of moral purity where neither he nor any of his fellow workers ever do anything wrong.

Probably not, and guess why? Cos no such profession exists.

peterw
10-06-2006, 23:56
So before the courts did you go through all the multiagency child protection meetings, which uncle tom cobbley an' all attended (the health visitor, the school, the police, the schoolnurse and G.P etc) attended or were you whisked off to court on the "say-so" of just the corrupt social worker? I ask this as someone aware of the processes that families have to go through before court. From what I know before a situation gets taken to court all the others listed above have to be invited to a meeting and then one of the "chairs" calls a vote which everyone participates in, except of course the family. So that didn't happen for you then? If you did have one I presume everyone voted for the matter to go to court and they all put their two pennyworth in towards the decision with little reports that supported social services say so. So why aren't you calling them corrupt? Why just the social worker? Its not telepathy you know, social workers are the recipients of the information they don't wake up with families information in their head. I presume, police, schools and medics all had an imput into your present situation though it seems like social workers now have to carry the can for other people's sending them the info.

Hi nismig — It would be nice if you’d tell us to whom you are addressing your comments?

peterw
11-06-2006, 00:17
peterw says he was a journo and then has the brass neck to take the moral high ground regarding people presenting all the facts.

Ho ho ho.

Hacks? All the facts? When was the last time anyone heard of that happening?

As for sccscux and his vicious rantings about solicitors, I trust that he has an occupation of moral purity where neither he nor any of his fellow workers ever do anything wrong.

Probably not, and guess why? Cos no such profession exists.

I more than likely learned my profession before you were born and at a time when newspapers did actually report facts that were facts. That was back in the days when Lord Kemsley owned the Sheffield Star and you possibly were not around to read it. It’s not a very good example, but Sheffielders in those days relied on the Sheffield Star for the news, and for news of any relatives they had in hospitals.

When I started, during the early war years, hospitals did not allow visitors and did not take telephone calls from anxious relatives so all patients had numbers. On a daily basis one of my first jobs was to ring round the hospitals to find out which numbers were dangerously ill, which were ‘poorly’ and which were in other categories between one or the other. I was particularly proud of the fact that neither I nor the Star ever received a complaint saying, for example, that we’d listed someone as dangerously ill when in fact they were only poorly. That alone taught me to be reliable in my reporting. I’ll admit it’s different today, but if you need to call me a ‘hack’ and a ’journo’, feel free — in my case it’s water off a duck’s back.

Actually, I’m quite pleased you’ve mentioned my unholy profession because it also allows me to tell the world (or at least the Sheffield part of it) that when I worked for The Star the Green Un was the fastest newspaper on the streets with all the football results, within 60 seconds of the final whistle of the last of the league matches. Not that I did it all myself; although I did hang on to the phone all afternoon, taking the scores as they came in. But like I said, those were the days when The Star was a real newspaper and its journalists told the real story (largely unfettered by Government laws). In those days we were able to print the names and addresses of every young yob in town, but not any more!

rothschild
11-06-2006, 01:05
Peterw......you don't alf talk some good old fashioned common sense. Keep up the good work because I for one really appreciate it.

nigsmig
11-06-2006, 07:36
Sorry, comments were addressed to LOWenBEHOLD.
Having read all your postings I spoke to a friend who is a guardian-ad-litem, someone appointed by the court itself to speak on behalf of the children and so have a lot more clout within the court than even the social workers. She asked me to ask some more questions. So here goes, I'll start by repeating the one I asked last night, so was there a multiagency child protection meeting?
Did the court make an interim care order on your children and did you contest Social Services application in open court? You didn't say the ages of your children, but are you having contact with them and is the contact good? Has a Guardian been appointed and are they agreeing with Social Services plan? Depending on the ages of your children, they will have been interviewed by the Guardian and what are they saying to them? Are you having expert assessments as well as Social Services assessments, like psychiatric and psychological assessments and did they support the return of the children to your care or are they against you as well? How long is your final hearing in November? Is the plan for the children adoption or what? She said you could get away with calling the social workers incompetant maybe but not corrupt. There are too many people involved in these situations from the very beginning (she was the one who gave me the information about the multiagency child protection meetings) to have it as a personal vendetta against you. Social workers receive the information from schools, mental health police, health visitors, midwives, G.P's and the law says they have to investigate that information and act. The law says that the child's interests are paramount and the final call on that is the judge's. She says in November you'll get your chance to give evidence in front of the judge and they can overturn all the social services plans and return the children to you if they are convinced by evidence thatr its right. So if the social workers are lying they have to uphold their lies in front of the judge and in cross examination by barristers. As the Guardian, my friend goes on last and gives evidence about what they think is in the children's interests. Are they supporting you, if not why not because they are appointed from the first week the case hits the courts and they meet everyone and read everything.

TwoFour
11-06-2006, 08:20
The fact that this posting is seen by you as a ‘threat’ simply strengthens my believe that most social workers lack stability. It wasn’t meant as a threat. It was made simply to point out that if you were to tell all and sundry that you are (or were) a social worker, you’ll not make many new friends.!

All my friends know I was a social worker. If someone doesn't like me cos of my job, fine, I don't want them as a friend if they are that pathetic and shallow.

P.M me for names if you wish because this is not a hypothetical question, but as a Social Worker given this choice, would you take away a child from its father who has no convictions for any crimes, and give the responsibility of looking after that child to an adult member (with at least one conviction and a custodial sentence for taking children with her on a shop-lifting spree) of a family which the BBC’s Panorama programme highlighted some years ago as Sheffield’s “family from hell”?

Yes, I’m throwing out a challenge. It’s a straight Yes or No, not an “it depends” answer I’m seeking. Answer first, then if you want names and all the details P.M me and I’ll arrange for the ‘victim father’ to meet you. If you really are a decent social working wanting to do a decent job, this particular person will be overjoyed to discover you!

Lack (or not) of a criminal conviction and TV shows are no grounds for making a decision. Therefore the answer could be yes.

I dont know, nor want to know, the circumstances but you are taking your own circumstances and your narrow views and using it as general proof which you cannot do. Your view is warped by your experience and your reaction to it. There are no corrupt social workers that I have met. Good ones and bad ones of course, but corrupt?

Why on earth would I want names? Why are you keeping files on SW? Do you think that will help you get your way? It wont.

TwoFour
11-06-2006, 08:25

There are cases when SS have to act before evidence is fully available. Just in case. You cannot take risks with childrens welfare. Sometimes the decision is wrong but what if you thought "oh, we'd better leave this child with this person til we get the proof..sure he may be beaten or raped in the meantime but at least we are not compromising justice". How do you prove beyond reasonable doubt that a baby has been thrown against a wall and not just dropped?

TwoFour
11-06-2006, 08:31
For your attention my children at the time was interviewed by escafeld house. During their interviews they stated that it was their mum that was hitting them and locking them in their rooms in dirty nappies. The neighbours reported to the SS that this was going off and it happened whilst I was at work.
So since you have all the answers, why is it that I am the one to blame for allowing this to happen when I knew nothing of it till the investigation started and even then all blame was passed on to me all becaus the ex wife had mental issues.

She still cancels contact with my children now at the last minute leaving them upset, it was like this when we separated over 6.5 years ago.

Why is this still being allowed to go on. I haven't got a clue, apart from the only reason I can see that this is being allowed to carry on is all because of her mental state. On top of that we have had three different social workers all stating that they would cancel her contacts if this carried on....6.5years later is that enough carry on.
So why is it one rule for one and another rule for others, maybe I should go mental as well.
Back on the subject of my friends. They had a visit from SS support team yesterday and even though it was the male friend that called them for help, his partner, who disappeared and left their children as well as her own with my male friend was the one who was getting all the help and the Social Workers even told them both that they only come out because they believed the male friend was looking after all the kids.
So my advice to anyone seeking help from SS......DON'T unless you are female or have female attributes, because it seems that if you are too manly for them, then that's a threat.
MY INVITATION IS STILL OPEN TO ANY SOCIAL WORKER THAT WANTS TO CHALLENGE WHAT IS BEING STATED HERE, MAYBE TWOFOUR WOULD LIKE TO ARRANGE A TOPIC MEETING IF SHE IS SO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WAY PEOPLE FEEL TOWARDS HER PROFESSION. I AM AVAILABLE FOR THISD AND WOULD EVEN STEP IN TO A SS BUILDING TO DO THIS.

I am very sorry you have had such a traumatic time. The point I am making does not relate to you personally. I know nothing of your case and would not dream of commenting. Each person has their own account and your ex-wife's would differ from yours. SW cannot please both sides when they are in dispute over kids.

peterw
11-06-2006, 10:30
I am very sorry you have had such a traumatic time. The point I am making does not relate to you personally. I know nothing of your case and would not dream of commenting. Each person has their own account and your ex-wife's would differ from yours. SW cannot please both sides when they are in dispute over kids.

Social workers do not have to ‘please’ both sides. They need to find only the ‘right’ side of the dispute — which they rarely do. Both social services and the courts tend to take the mother’s side, RIGHT OR WRONG!

LOWEnBEHOLD
11-06-2006, 13:13

The point is though TWOFOUR that social services in most cases will favour their decision towards the woman.

Even after all evidence showed that it was my ex wife that caused the majority of the harm, this got played down because she wasn't mentally imbalanced and all blame turned to me because I was the one with the head on the shoulders and because of this, I should have seen what was happening.

Even during the assessments etc that were done, the majority of that time was spent with the ex wife, as it was identified that she had the problem.

The biggest joke of it all, is I showed to be in the top 10% of the country for IQ levels on the assessments but still get treat like an idiot by social services.

I will ask you this question:- Do you think that it is fair that a person dragged up by the service, should be automatically penalised for any deficiencies that they show in the parenting considering that during court, social services admitted that they gave that person a **** upbringing.

Also do you think that it is right that even after a judge as personally told social services that appologies should be given for their mistakes towards said person that the apology never comes and also the professionals that social services also used towards their evidence also stated that an apology should be given.

I even signed a declaration to waiver all compensation claims against social services to receive the apology as the apology would claim guilt, and social services still refused to give the apology.

Is social services that big that they believe that they don't have to apologise for their mistakes, even though this affects many families in some shape or form.

I have seen Dan Garvey, Penny Thompson, Penny Paysner, Sir Robert Kerslake and now Jonathan Crossley Holland all in charge of social services. Try to get a meeting with these people is IMPOSSIBLE. I was always on the understanding that heads of departments have to make themselves available to the public on a percentage ratio since they are civil servants.

Finally, I was brought up in the infamous Todwick Grange and to anyone who knows that home, also knows about all the bad things that went off there. How many staff got prosecuted.....1.

I too have a long list of names that worked at Todwick Grange and of staff that was abusive towards children under their care and you guessed it, a lot of these people still work within the social services department. Some of them are managers or heads of departments including mental health and the old peoples sector.

I too will send you a list of these names if you care to PM me.

I can also give you a list of people who grew up within Todwick and other homes also who have had their children taken away.
I can also give you a list of people who grew up in these 'homes' that are dead, either through despression, overdose etc, because they were not strong enough to carry the fight against social services.

You see TWOFOUR, people who have had dealings with the service, the majority will say that they have been scrutinised, picked on, bullied by the service with their false accusations, statements.

My mistake was believing that I would receive the help needed by social services, even after all they had done to me. What a fool I was to believe this.

Your main man JC holland will not even respond to me, he passes on any messages through your customer relations department, maybe he should grow a backbone and start listening to people of sheffield that are involved with the service on the children's side to quash all the bad workers, because the more I live and read, I hear more and more information of corrupt or immoral social workers.

You believe that this does not go off?

I can show you my first court appearance judge's final words, of where the judge actually stated to the social worker at the time to sit down as he couldn't believe anything that was coming out of her mouth.

Also now, that same judge as refused to sit my case as he believes that he could not give a fare ruling. We have had the same judge all the way through, so if anyone would know the case it would be him, I believe that he has dropped the case because once again I have tonnes of evidence to show that social services are still failing me and my children, that the units my children are residing have also failed my children and the judge would have had to add to his previous critisism of the service that he did not want to leave himself in that position.

zenith888
12-06-2006, 10:04
Hi, Can any one help.

I wrote directly to The Director marked Strictly Private and Confidential, this means that he/she will have to see it and acknowledge your letter.
If you make a serious allegation make clear that you want the Director to treat your letter as a formal complaint. If he/she does not then tell your Ward Councillor ( who has a legal obligation to help you )
If you still get no joy - write to the Chief Executive and the Leader of the Council and copy it to your MP.
After all this if you get no where this is time to get a lawyer and legal aid.
I hope this helps.
If you can tel me more I can draft the letters for you.

TwoFour
12-06-2006, 12:22
Social workers do not have to ‘please’ both sides. They need to find only the ‘right’ side of the dispute — which they rarely do. Both social services and the courts tend to take the mother’s side, RIGHT OR WRONG!

OK. I give up. You are using your own experience to generalise. It is not possible to debate in these circumstances.

Once again I am sorry you have been through this trauma but we will have to agreed to disagree.

Regards

TF

TwoFour
12-06-2006, 12:32
I will ask you this question:- Do you think that it is fair that a person dragged up by the service, should be automatically penalised for any deficiencies that they show in the parenting considering that during court, social services admitted that they gave that person a **** upbringing..

No

Also do you think that it is right that even after a judge as personally told social services that appologies should be given for their mistakes towards said person that the apology never comes and also the professionals that social services also used towards their evidence also stated that an apology should be given...

No

I too will send you a list of these names if you care to PM me....

It really has nothing to do with me so I will decline your offer.

You see TWOFOUR, people who have had dealings with the service, the majority will say that they have been scrutinised, picked on, bullied by the service with their false accusations, statements.....

Some may say that but I'm sure it wouldn't be the majority and each story has two sides (at least)

Your main man JC holland will not even respond to me, he passes on any messages through your customer relations department, maybe he should grow a backbone and start listening to people of sheffield that are involved with the service on the children's side to quash all the bad workers, because the more I live and read, I hear more and more information of corrupt or immoral social workers.

You believe that this does not go off?.....

I beleive that people are often uphappy about SS for reasons already stated. I do not believe that SW are corrupt. Why would they be? What have they got to gain? I believe there are good and bad in every walk of life.

Look, As I've said to peterw, I am sorry for your traumatic experience but I will stop posting to this thread as we are not getting anywhere, except perhaps winding weach other up!!

Regards

TF

weesie
12-06-2006, 13:11
Sorry but i disagree I went to them for some advice and they wouldnt leave me alone. They should deal in the areas they are needed but instead to stick their noses into easy cases to avoid conflict..:rant: (just my opinion):suspect:

LOWEnBEHOLD
13-06-2006, 18:28
It makes me laugh with twofour.

I stated a few things that shows corruption and even having agreed that this should not be happening she still states that there's no corruption, and then runs off because people are stating what is out there.

TYPICAL SOCIAL WORKER.

If you are that concerned TF, then you should ask your colleagues to look what is being stated and deal with the issues instead of shoving them under the carpet and pretending they never happened.

This sounds a bit like how SS work in court, say one thing, do another. I believe the reason that the courts are shut off to the public is so the conspiracy can continue.

I sure as hell have nothing to hide and would not care if my case became public knowledge. Everyone who knew about my situation etc amazingly all have a different opinion on events compared to SS.

Why do you think this is...probably because we are dealing with reality instead of working to a scripting of which social services do.

As we all know, social services only have to have probable cause, can you imagine the palavour that would be caused if the police worked like this or the criminal courts.

Things need to change drastically, but the only way this will happen is if either social services change the way they run or get scrapped all together.

heeleygirl
14-06-2006, 13:23
Why not try your local MP, after all they should be able to get to the fountain head.

chickmonk
14-06-2006, 13:30
It makes me laugh with twofour.

I stated a few things that shows corruption and even having agreed that this should not be happening she still states that there's no corruption, and then runs off because people are stating what is out there.

TYPICAL SOCIAL WORKER.

If you are that concerned TF, then you should ask your colleagues to look what is being stated and deal with the issues instead of shoving them under the carpet and pretending they never happened.

To be fair, I think TF wasn't getting involved (quite rightly) because this case has nothing to do with her. She doesn't know the full facts and just because she works for SS, doesn't mean she has to be accountable to you on their behalf. No offence intended.

CM x

LOWEnBEHOLD
15-06-2006, 10:31
To be fair, I think TF wasn't getting involved (quite rightly) because this case has nothing to do with her. She doesn't know the full facts and just because she works for SS, doesn't mean she has to be accountable to you on their behalf. No offence intended.

CM x

She got involved by joining the forum and posting on this post (her choice) so yes she did get involved.

At the end of the day, she has acted like every social worker I have come across and since I have had them in my life since 4yrs old and i'm 35 this year so can comment on the typical stereotyped actions that TF has shown.

She also became involved by agreeing that the things I highlighted were wrong in her eyes as well as everyone elses and then disappearing like she did.

Don't get me wrong, she may be a decent SW but she is in denial if she believes that this sort of stuff is not going off in front of her face.

All she had to do was say which office she worked at whether it be meade house, redvers house, darnall etc, because then I could've possibly highlighted people to her who should not be registered as SW's.

My guess is, is that she is a green social worker i.e. not been in the service for long and wants to make a good impression to her bosses and colleagues and basically be a good little puppy, and it's for reasons like this that the corrupt behaviour is allowed to continue. Maybe if she questioned what is being said here and on previous posts that have highlighted corruption within the service, but then again SS Sheffield is used to riding big waves.

It just amazes me that they get away with so much. I believe this is because people get scared when SS become involved......why because of all the hurt that SS cause to families.

I have spoken to quite a few people who have sent me PM's or have spoken to them on the phone since i started this post, and basically we have all had similar experiences and have reported the same things regarding things said in court that differ out of court.

I have mentioned about a couple of my friends that went through 18 months of hell from social services who were supposed to offer help, they stated it enough times in court. They were given a 6 month supervision order in which they never saw the social worker. They have hit hard times again through his partners depression etc and attended a meeting yesterday where it was stated that SS are considering stepping in and taking the kids again.

He passed all their tests, questioning etc and even after being proven that he can parent, instead of being given a structure that they can work to, to maintain family life the best they can, all that SS can offer is removal of the kids. HOW FITTING

Now ask yourself, how many people do you know in a similar scenario as the above?
Over 2000 people have read this post so it is in the public view, so in reality it's nearing the 8-10 thousand people mark by word of mouth.

chickmonk
15-06-2006, 10:47
Hi L

I can understand why TF doesn't say where she works - I wouldn't either.

And I don't think she deserves this amount of personal attack. She is not getting involved in your case because she can't because she is a professional and it is none of her business. That may not seem right to you, but if you are against corruption, you should see that proper channels of complaint have to be gone through. People can't start getting involved in cases they know nothing about and accusing their colleagues of corruption.

I have every sympathy for your frustration with SS. I know you are not the only one. Believe me, I have much experience of dealing with people with similar frustrations. However, I certainly would hold back from branding every, or even most, SWs as corrupt. I don't think SS is an effective service, and I think many many SWs would agree with that. I think you have to level that complaint at the government and the training and resources available though, rather than attacking people within that service.

CM x

Norbert
15-06-2006, 15:15
So all social workers are "vile" and "lepers" are they?

My dad was a social worker for 20 years, he worked hard, often helped his clients in his own time, even helped them with diy and decorating on his weekends. It didn't pay well, somtimes he got attacked and he retired due to a heart attack and subsequent bypass operation at 54. He is partially recovered and still feels guilty that he can't be out helping people.

My neighbour, also a lovely caring man, is a social worker too, I notice he brings a lot of work home with him and is often in his back yard at weekends writing notes or studying new stratagies for family mediation etc.

While on the other hand I've lent a friendly ear to folk about their problems of being refused access to their kids, and guess what they have turned out in the end to be violent sociopaths.

But I'm not going to make any generalisations about it based on all this.

Greybeard
17-06-2006, 10:16
There's an interesting read on this topic in the Times today...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,6-2229315,00.html

....there's seems to be little regard for for the old axiom that justice must be seen to be done.

Perhaps more worrying is that injustice cannot be undone.

LOWEnBEHOLD
18-06-2006, 13:12
Hi L

I can understand why TF doesn't say where she works - I wouldn't either.

And I don't think she deserves this amount of personal attack. She is not getting involved in your case because she can't because she is a professional and it is none of her business. That may not seem right to you, but if you are against corruption, you should see that proper channels of complaint have to be gone through. People can't start getting involved in cases they know nothing about and accusing their colleagues of corruption.

I have every sympathy for your frustration with SS. I know you are not the only one. Believe me, I have much experience of dealing with people with similar frustrations. However, I certainly would hold back from branding every, or even most, SWs as corrupt. I don't think SS is an effective service, and I think many many SWs would agree with that. I think you have to level that complaint at the government and the training and resources available though, rather than attacking people within that service.

CM x

1 - No one has asked her to get involved
2 - have you read this post from the beginning cos you'll see the proper channels have been blocked that's what the post was about.
3 - No one has asked her to start accussing her 'colleagues' of corruption, what she does with her choice is her business, but if corruption is happenning around her, don't you think that she has a moral obligation to hear about it, or should she play blind & deaf and turn the other way, meaning that she is part of the corruption by letting it continue.
4 - Surely if the majority of SW's agree that the service they offer is poor, then surely as employees it is them who should be retifying the situation? At the end of the day don't they get paid enough to provide a better service, and it is themselves who they are really on about. If they came in to the real world and stop running to the scriptings that they train too, which is about 40 years out of date, they would be able to provide a better service.
5 - Don't make me laugh stating they haven't got the resources. Maybe before posting you really ought to do your homework. How can they justify turning a family down for restbite, remove the children, take them to foster carers and then give the foster carers the restbite which was asked for by the parents in the first place which would've given them a better chance of maintaining family life. GO HOME!
6 - You state that you have been involved with many people who have had this situation upon them but yet defend the same system. If the system is failing and they know this and we know this, then just exactly how is the service still running.........because SW's justify the means because they don't have to prove or disprove anything....why.....because the closed court system protects them in doing so. No matter how many times social services fail up and down the country, what punishment do they actually receive, what changes actually get made to better the service. Why not ask the parents of whose children have been killed or molested by the protection of social services. Why not go and ask the children who want to live back with their parents the reasons they can't yet all because of the social services lack of resources AS YOU CALL IT. Why not ask the new partners of parents who have had their children taken due to the other parent, why they are tarred with the same brush...my new wife would tell you how that feels (read further back in post for her comments about it all)

My son last week told me that his mum didn't turn up again (nothing new there then) for contact. The member of staff who was supervising him was in "contact clothing" so went back to her house with my son, to get changed in to "normal" clothing.
I asked to speak to the manager of the unit to look into this and a couple of days later confirmed that YES this member of staff DID take my son to her house.
A few days after this I had a meeting with the social worker for an entirely different matter and I brought up the subject of his mum not turning up again and I also mentioned about the above.

Guess what.....the social worker knew nothing of this. You really would think that she would have been told by the unit of which is paid for by social services about the above especially since it is a child protection issue. No member of staff should take a child under their care to their home address.

I have been pointing out failings in this unit for over 19 months now, with not one single investigation being undertaken because basically social services do not believe what I am reporting. I have had staff making comments like "if you've got that much of a relationship with your son, how comes he's living here with us and not you". I have this and more all on disk and still no investigation has been undertaken. Why? BECAUSE OF HOW CORRUPT THE SERVICE IS.
As stated before, I have tried going through the proper channels to deal with this and when I start getting as they call it "LOUD" because of the frustration of them not listening, then I am seen as being aggressive. It's a no win situation with what ever you do, regardless I will never give up the fight for my kids.

LOWEnBEHOLD
18-06-2006, 13:31
So all social workers are "vile" and "lepers" are they?

My dad was a social worker for 20 years, he worked hard, often helped his clients in his own time, even helped them with diy and decorating on his weekends. It didn't pay well, somtimes he got attacked and he retired due to a heart attack and subsequent bypass operation at 54. He is partially recovered and still feels guilty that he can't be out helping people.

My neighbour, also a lovely caring man, is a social worker too, I notice he brings a lot of work home with him and is often in his back yard at weekends writing notes or studying new stratagies for family mediation etc.

While on the other hand I've lent a friendly ear to folk about their problems of being refused access to their kids, and guess what they have turned out in the end to be violent sociopaths.

But I'm not going to make any generalisations about it based on all this.

Firstly let me say i am sorry to hear of your dad's health but secondly, You have come on here to defend your dad's ex profession with the labelling that you have wrote but then you go and give the same labelling to people who are fighting for their kids. Doesn't this make you an hypocrit?

If you are showing any concern about the situation, then become involved in the registered organisations that are out there. I would recommend staying away from any that are funded by sure start if you want to get a true feeling about the whole situation because they are basically a sister outlet of social services.

I can speak on this in depth as I was involved with a group for fathers who put on shows for people like sure start. When they are there they ask a lot of questions of how fathers feel about situations and what we believed should be happening regarding the entirity of the situation, but never once have I seen any of the imput placed within how social services or sure start help maintain family life and I am talking about a period of over 5 years that we have done these presentations, so you would think that if they were really wanting to change the situation then they would go on what is being told to them. They have the power to do this, afterall they are social services.

Your father may have been a decent social worker, but to say that they are not well paid is an understatement unless you are stating that your dad was in the services decades ago, where I would agree with you that wages back then probably weren't great and if you are talking about this period then I would also agree that SW's of old were on a different level compared to the SW's of this day and age. In the old days SW's had the freedom of working with families how they thought would benefit the families best, in this day and age, they work to a scripting and basically families get scored on a point system that has been made up by all these so called professionals to show the perfect parent. Does this mean that Prince Charles is a bad parent cos his son's smoke a weed?

If you have taken offence to comments made about SW's in their generalistation then please note that I too am offended by being labelled a violent sociopath.

sccsux
18-06-2006, 14:53
Perhaps more worrying is that injustice cannot be undone.

This is a massive problem that one of my friends has experienced (illegal adoption - lies in court) and is unable to do anything about.

dynamicdebz
18-06-2006, 20:19
I have heard stories from people I know about the way social workers conduct themselves. I know of a young mum with 3 kids, she loves & cares for them all but her house is a state, they took her kids off her christmas eve & said she couldn't have them back till the house was in order. Everyone helped out & the house was fine later that day so she got them back.
Yet I know of a young child who was sexually abused by her friends dad (he has abused before unbeknown to the childs mum but not convicted through lack of evidence) he has now been convicted. Yet they allowed the daughter & son of the abuser to still live with him even though they admitted he had abused them.
Many more stories to tell but unfair of me to mention other peoples lives on here.
Personally I think the press says it all.

chickmonk
19-06-2006, 11:26
[QUOTE=LOWEnBEHOLD]1 -
3 5 - Don't make me laugh stating they haven't got the resources. Maybe before posting you really ought to do your homework. QUOTE]

Maybe you should listen to people who work in the system rather than losing your rag and generalising about everybody who works for Social Services. I appreciate your frustration, but Social Services IS under resourced. I know this because I HAVE done my homework. I agree though that resources are often used in the most strange of ways...

I don't think TF has a 'moral obligation' to listen to your complaint. If we all had a 'moral obligation' to listen to every complaint about SS we'd be here til the cows come home. I've no idea whether your complaint is valid or not - I don't know you from Adam, and (no offence) you could be talking out of your cake hole for all I (or TF) know.

I have every sympathy with your frustration, but where I disagree with you is your assertion that the entire system is 'corrupt'. This implies that SS somehow have something to gain from purposefully giving misleading information. What on earth would SWers want to do that for? Incompetent maybe, but corrupt? The entire system? Nah, don't think so.

I wish you well with your complaints and hope you get the result you deserve.

All the best,

CM x

Shazbat
19-06-2006, 11:43
My foster sister has just returned to the UK after 2 years living abroad. She's brought her son back with her, and is hoping to get settled and then arrange for her husband to join her. She took out a residency visa for abroad to avoid having to purchase a new visa every time she wanted to travel over there, so now the council are saying that despite being born and bred in Sheffield, her British passport basically stands for nothing. And now social services have told her that if she doesn't get a job, they'll take her son off her because she can't support him. WTF??? The child is not in danger, she isn't an unfit mother, but because she chose to live abroad and expand her horizons for longer than they like, they're dragging their feet over her qualifying for benefits, housing, you name it.

Have they any justification for saying or doing that?

chickmonk
19-06-2006, 12:17

The mind absolutely boggles. Why on earth would they want to take her kiddiewink? I'm presuming she's not living in absolute squalor with no food?

CM x

LOWEnBEHOLD
19-06-2006, 12:38
We could argue all day about if SS have enough resources, I've seen so much money chucked down the drain by SS. I agree with Chick that they use them in strange ways that could ease the burden, but surely if they worked with the parents from the beginning, then so much more could be done with their resources, instead of spending millions on training foster carers, paying them well to do a carers job, and then all the money spent to keep children away from their parents via court costs solicitors etc could all be used to employ more workers to take the strain off the current workers, so they aren't off sick more than they are working.

You see that there are many reasons why the service is failing and I would not put it down to lack of resources. Utilising the resources they have got would be a start. Start treating the families that they are involved with individually, instead of to a text book. Work with the families before or during a crisis instead of waiting to come and take the children.

They have been told this for many years, but they still do it their way, so at the end of the day every SW working is the cause of the problem. Yes they keep going on strike over things but never for the welfare of the family, it's always about themselves wanting more wages, a better pension.

I have had to be out of work for 4 out of the last 6 years to be able to qualify for legal aid to fight for my kids. I am not allowed to claim benefits cos this is an income and would take us over the allowed threshold. I receive no housing or council tax benefit and both the wife n I live off her wage which does not cover all the bills so we have companies threatening us with legal action because we haven't been able to pay them. On top of this we also have to pay contributions towards our legal aid, try living like this and then hear that the same people who are causing you all this added stress are moaning about wages. Would you be sympathetic towards them????

My court case is scheduled to end in November so we have to cope till then. Then it's back to job hunting which becomes extremely hard when the interviewers hear that you have been out of work for so long and then they want to know the reasons why. Before i had to give up my last job to go back to court, it took over 50 interviews, spanned over a year to get that job. Passing every test with flying colours but as soon as the subject of why I wasn't working came about, the interviewers faces change.

Do Social Services consider all this - no.
Do they care - no.

Even now, my wife has to take time off work to have meetings with the social worker because we have to work with her schedule even though the above has been said to her on many occasions, so costing us more money.

Maybe this is a contribution towards why the statistics of parents giving up are so high?? Just so they can survive in the real world themselves.

LOWEnBEHOLD
19-06-2006, 12:59
[chipmonk]: I have every sympathy with your frustration, but where I disagree with you is your assertion that the entire system is 'corrupt'. This implies that SS somehow have something to gain from purposefully giving misleading information. What on earth would SWers want to do that for? Incompetent maybe, but corrupt? The entire system? Nah, don't think so.

[LOWE]: because they have to justify their means. People like yourself wouldn't know this but ask the families who have been in the family court.
They step in and remove children on presumptions and probabilities. It is then for the parents to prove that they are innocent of all allegations made. Social services have to prove nothing apart from their probabilities and possibilities.
Try fighting against this? Try imagining being labelled something you know you are not. Try sitting there listening to someone tell you your life story even though they've only spoken to you for ten minutes. Try sitting there listening to yourself being made out to be this that and 'tuther and you have to wait till it's your turn which could be days, weeks, months later depending on the courts.
It's frustrating, it's annoying, it makes you feel depressed, it makes you angry, but even with all these feelings you are never allowed to show them because then they are used against you - to justify the means.

And has I've stated previously, what goes off in court - stays in court, so to keep it under wraps.
Also for your information:- Did you know that the Judge is not in charge of the case at all.
There is a guardian who works for the courts and writes a report for the judge.
He/She (the judge) cannot order SS to do anything. They can only offer recommendations to be made. Whether the recommendations are met or not falls on the toes of SS. By the time you get back in court ( you cannot make any more applications before 6 months have passed ) you probably have a different SW so the recommendations not met that you have took it back to court for once again get made to a different SW and the circle goes on.

The Judges should have the power to order SS to do what ever he/she recommends, so why don't they??
In a criminal court, they would have the power, so why not family court? You are made to feel like a criminal anyway.

Ms Macbeth
19-06-2006, 13:51
My foster sister has just returned to the UK after 2 years living abroad. She's brought her son back with her, and is hoping to get settled and then arrange for her husband to join her. She took out a residency visa for abroad to avoid having to purchase a new visa every time she wanted to travel over there, so now the council are saying that despite being born and bred in Sheffield, her British passport basically stands for nothing. And now social services have told her that if she doesn't get a job, they'll take her son off her because she can't support him. WTF??? The child is not in danger, she isn't an unfit mother, but because she chose to live abroad and expand her horizons for longer than they like, they're dragging their feet over her qualifying for benefits, housing, you name it.

As long as your sister or others in your family can support her and her son there should be no problem. When people who have lived out of the UK return after a lengthy period, they are not usually entitled to claim benefits until they have supported themselves for a qualifying period. It might help your sister to get independent advice from Citizens Advice Bureau to see if she can get financial support.

chickmonk
19-06-2006, 15:51
We could argue all day about if SS have enough resources, I've seen so much money chucked down the drain by SS. I agree with Chick that they use them in strange ways that could ease the burden, but surely if they worked with the parents from the beginning, then so much more could be done with their resources, instead of spending millions on training foster carers, paying them well to do a carers job,

Yes I agree. Prevention work has gone out of the window. I think you'll find most SWers are as frustrated as you are about this.

chickmonk
19-06-2006, 15:58
[QUOTE=LOWEnBEHOLD]

[LOWE]: People like yourself wouldn't know this but ask the families who have been in the family court.
QUOTE]

'People like yourself wouldn't know' ????

No offence, but you know nowt about me and nothing of what I know. Please don't patronise me, it makes me lose a lot of sympathy for your cause tbh.

I come across parents all the time who have absolutely no idea what damage they are doing to their kids and would swear blind that they are fantastic parents even when it's blatently obvious to anyone with common sense that their kids are suffering.

This is no reference to your case, just seeing it from the other side of the coin.

CM x

LOWEnBEHOLD
20-06-2006, 12:50
I didn't mean to cause any offence chipmonk.

Maybe my wording was to open by saying "people like yourself" which i actually presumed that because you haven't stated that you have not suffered these problems, that the possibilities were that you had never had involvement with social services.

For this i apologise.

But isn't it amazing that one persons probabilities and possibilities can cause offence to another in the way it has here?

chickmonk
20-06-2006, 15:37
I didn't mean to cause any offence chipmonk.

No offence taken :), sorry if I sounded shirty.

I really am a bit on the fence on this one, as can see both sides and have a lot of sympathy for both.

I see many social workers doing extremely hard work and a difficult job and putting in unpaid hours to help people. I also see many parents treating their kids absolutley appaulingly and quite rightly SS gets involved.

But I've also seen social service (as a service as a whole) do nothing to help people in desparate situtions and turn a blind eye to the most vulnerable people in Sheffield.

Some social workers I've come into contact with are pretty much incompetent, but tbh, you'll get that in any line of work.

It's interesting to me how many people are suspicious of SS and have no confidence in the system. Whether warrented or not, SS managers should take note...

CM x

JoeP
23-06-2006, 21:28
Mod. Note

I'm a little concerned that this thread is verging towards people being identifiable.

To that end, I'm closing it before any posts are made that will allow identification of any of the people involve din the case.

Joe