Yet another SF member with computer problems

Hi guys,

For a couple of days now my computer has decided to pack up and die on me. It connects to the internet as normal but when it does get online, it sends no information and will not even load up the home page.

I have run AVG and it is up to date (within a week) and it has found nothing so i'm assuming something has happened.

I am running Windows 98 (no jokes, i know it is awful) and have the regular BT dial up service as my ISP.

I am pretty sure it isn't a hardware issue as my dad's computer (That i am using to write this) connects fine on exactly the same phone line.

Any thoughts what could be wrogn and how i coudl fix it?

Thanks in advance

Wilf

Done a adaware or spy-bot scan?

Can you perform pings and tracert 's?

Do you pick up DNS servers?

D'oh!

I ran Spybot and now it works.

MSN messenger is still down, i'm hoping a restart will fix that, or it isn't a problem created by me

Wilf

If you're still having problems BT... drop me a PM and I'll send you my phone num and walk you through a few fixes...

Should sheffield forum delete the thread's from year's ago?

Should sheffield forum delete the thread's from year's ago?

Or you could just have the sense to not dredge them up from the depths....?

We only delete threads if there's a reason to delete them. Other than that there could be a useful bit of information in there for someone who is looking for it.

Closing