What to feed a sick dog

Brude is unwell.

I shan't give you the gory details, but the vet said he is to have 'bland food', so he isn't getting Bakers complete for dinner, but he is now turning his nose up at the bland dog biscuits I've given him.

Any ideas what to feed him?

I have debated about Jacobs crackers, rice, pasta (though he doesn't like that unless it has tuna in), scrambled egg....

:help:

scrammbled egg??

when my dog had an operation, her bland food consisted of mixed rice with boiled chicken or cod, weetabix or scrambled eggs. Only problem was getting her back onto dog food!

hope brude is feeling better soon xxx

________

N platform

Edited by pinklady

I could do egg and rice, I suppose

*pictures the mess Brude can make spitting grains of rice all over the floor :suspect: *

Chicken breast maybe? Not always the best thing to feed poorly pets though, and expensive.

LOL, i had a .. er ... slightly over weight dog (really fat but now deceased) who i put on a diet by buying the 'low cal' chicken and carrot Pal dog food. He used to spit all the carrot bits out all over the place, oh what fun i had soaking off dried pieces of carrot off my units / skirting boards / walls etc!

________

NEVADA MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Edited by pinklady

Chicken breast maybe? Not always the best thing to feed poorly pets though, and expensive.

chickens fine as long as its boiled then drained, and mix it with rice.:thumbsup:

________

Gsx-R600

Edited by pinklady

Chicken has always 'disagreed' with Brude :gag: so that's off the menu chez Strix ;)

boiled chicken and rice is what we gave Takara when she was ill. She had a sensitive puppy stomach (bless) and we had to take her off her normal food for a while.

Well we don't have any eggs in the fridge, and I'm not well either, so a trip to the shops is looking unlikely. Especially as I cannot decide whether to take Brude and his unfed body for a walk, or to leave him here where he doesn't have the emergency access to the garden he needs right now :(

Rice and tuna then?

I might be having some too :suspect:

It must be boiled chicken and rice, thats what the vet told us,hope everything goes well!

He can't eat chicken - never has been able to without problems afterwards

(don't you love it when people don't read whole threads? )