Legal MP3 download sites

Hi all.

Does anyone know any sites where you can download MP3s legally for like 50p a track or whatever?

I've had no end of problems with viruses etc off Kazaa et al and I'm becoming aware of the legal dangers of using stuff like Kazaa, so I'm looking for ways of downloading MP3s legally.

I've tried some of those allegedly free MP3 download sites you see dotted round the net, but they're so full of pop ups and other crap I just can't be arsed with them really...

So, anyone know any sites?!

Napster's gone legit now. Dunno if it's any good though.

mycokemusic.com are doing an offer of 50p per track and if you have an I-pod then I-Tunes can be used very soon

WinMX is great, but I don't think it's classed as legal! I found Kazza really crap!! Also I found that Ad-Aware deletes files from Kazza, so it doesn't run anymore. That can't be safe!

Kazaa lite's OK, I never get any trouble with viruses or spyware.

I only use it for downloading files legitimately of course...

Thought this might interest you Rich

MP3s

It might be worth your clicking on the listen again link

Listen Again

The programme you want is Shop Talk

Originally posted by Sidla

Kazaa lite's OK, I never get any trouble with viruses or spyware.

Same here,only problem is with the number of corrupt tracks out there,but i suppose you cant really complain when there free.

well, I think rich was after legal sites....

There are ways with kazaa and other p2p programs, of getting good stuff, and imho usenet still owns.

But that discussion is really for a different thread......

I can see problems inherent in the pay-per-download scene too, as pirates based in Russia or the far east jump on the bandwagon (they already offer "warez" type downloads, but now they'll masquarade behind a slicker-looking web-page to peddle their warez) - and the problem with these people are, do you really want to give them your credit card details????

All I'm saying is, be very careful about paying to download from an unknown source.

Up to about a month or so back I was using WinMX and it worked great.

Nowadays it's gone like Kazaa, downloads that don't work, permanently queued and all that rubbish.

Am I right in thinking that most U.S. legal sites do tracks for 99 cents, and most U.K. sites charge (or have been charging) 99 pence?

I'm not even gonna post the results of a currency conversion, mention the iPod Mini delays and then witter on about how unfair it is that the Yanks get stuff cheaper/first.....I'll be here for ages

Originally posted by hotphil

Am I right in thinking that most U.S. legal sites do tracks for 99 cents, and most U.K. sites charge (or have been charging) 99 pence?

I'm not even gonna post the results of a currency conversion, mention the iPod Mini delays and then witter on about how unfair it is that the Yanks get stuff cheaper/first.....I'll be here for ages

I did find Mycokemusic.com earlier via Google, they offer streaming and downloads from 99p per track.

Might be worth looking into signing up on the site.

You win free downloads on Mycokemusic.com if you buy cans of Coke. Not sure if the offer is still on though.