Sign in to follow this  

Fiesta fuel sender unit needed circa 1982 1 wire, 2 pipe variant

Hve you tried Shaws Motor Factors (part of Bullseye motor factors) on Abbeydale Road. They stock loads of stuff like that.

tried over 15 type places like that, no joy, been out of production for many years now. Its easy to get the ones for 1100 cars but not 1300 as they had 2 pipes. Posted a message on Fiesta club of GB forum as well so maybe someone will dig out an old one for me.....

this is a very good discussion forum for MK I's by the way if interested..

http://fiestaclubgb.proboards36.com/index.cgi?board=MK1

actually maybe dont need this now, suspect the fuel guage itself may be the problem, although not 100% sure, going to try a spare one, I SHOULD have a few in the attic but they may be from different instrument clusters, the GHIA ones were different.....

Odd you should mention that. The fuel gauge on mine has been dicky for a while. If you sort the problem let me know.

Also whilst I'm on. The speedo is out by about 5-7 miles an hour. How do you fix this?

all speedos are out by up to 8 MPH....even on modern cars......its designed to discourage speed limit breaking apparently. Only TOM TOM or digital navigation system can reveal correct speed.

Yes the fuel guage WAS faulty......you can take it out of the cluster itself and just swap it instead of replacing the whole cluster. Not too tricky....

I am surprised there isn't a specific club for early fiestas.

all speedos are out by up to 8 MPH....even on modern cars......its designed to discourage speed limit breaking apparently. Only TOM TOM or digital navigation system can reveal correct speed.

I have a Road Angel which displays your speed calculated by GPS, the car speedo will read correct at 30 mph, whilst at 40 mph on speedo, road angel reads 37mph, 45 mph on speedo, road angel reads 40 mph, 80 mph on spedo road angel reads 75mph etc.

Trouble id I'm following cars through town doing 20mph when clearly I'm not doing that.