Why does Sheffield have two professional football teams?

Could anyone tell me why sheffield has two prof teams?

What makes a fan support w/day rather than united?

Is it cos Dad did, Post code, class etc?

No turning this thread into a war of words :thumbsup:

My dad was a blade and I am but I dont really think that is the reason as his dad was an owl!

My brother is also an owl :( I cant believe I just admitted to havin one in my family!!!

He started supporting wedneday because his friends did and we live at hillsborough, I lived in hillsborough all my life but still support united! :huh:

As Frank Skinner once said, there's only one criteria to use when deciding which football team to supprt: get a map and a ruler, and measure the distance from your place of birth to the nearest football ground.

I lived close to the "Lane" as a child and my Dad supported United. The kicker however was that Jimmy Hagan played for them at that time.

all my family for generations have been Wednesday, so me too. I'm glad I didn't stray to the dark side. Years gone by I think it used to be more or less which you were born nearest to. There is still evidence of this, the north is mainly Owls and the south Blades. :)

Family for me, all my family are Owls and i bleed blue too. My kids will also be Owls and the missus knows any hint of red/white could result in divorce. :thumbsup: (I'm not joking BTW :D)

As my mate Eddie whos 84 and a season ticket holder at the lane said His wife (shes dead )said to him once you love Sheffield United more than me to which he replied Sheffield United I love Sheffield Bleeding Wednesday more than i love thee. I think that sums it up

Mate of mine Mick O Malley a big swfc fan had been living with his girlfriend for many years.She told him it was either her or the owls , mick replied"ill pick me records up sunday, were away".:thumbsup:

I grew up a stone's throw from Hillsborough... the only reason we lived at Hillsborough was because mi dad wanted to be near the ground... he took me to my first match when i was 3.... Bought me my first season ticket when i was 13 and ive had one ever since... Ive been A Young owl-Ball boy...all my family are belong to the Blue n white side of sheffield..... Its true.. I was Born on a wednesday!!!

why do we/sheffield have 2 teams?? cos were big enough to support 2 teams!

I grew up a stone's throw from Hillsborough... the only reason we lived at Hillsborough was because mi dad wanted to be near the ground... he took me to my first match when i was 3.... Bought me my first season ticket when i was 13 and ive had one ever since... all my family are belong to the Blue n white side of sheffield..... Its true.. I was Born on a wednesday!!!

why do we/sheffield have 2 teams?? cos were big enough to support 2 teams!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Listen it can get worse, my dad took me along to sheff U as a kid and I've been a lifelong fan, even a ball boy for them for a time but never good enough to play.

This is it, my sister supports Man U :-(

Mate of mine Mick O Malley a big swfc fan had been living with his girlfriend for many years.She told him it was either her or the owls , mick replied"ill pick me records up sunday, were away".:thumbsup:
I know Mick. Nice lad :)