Best way to cook rabbit?

I've got a rabbit to cook for tea. Does anyone know any nice recipes? I've never cooked one before.

Rabbit stew...just a usual stew with the rabbit in it...cut the rabbit into chunks and when its done...add hendersons relish.

god I havent had rabbit in years.

Make sure its dead first

I've got a rabbit to cook for tea. Does anyone know any nice recipes? I've never cooked one before.
Have a look on here I've not had rabbit for a few years myself. It's a strange but very nice flavour. Stews are the best way to cook it though ;)

Make sure its dead first

God that takes all the fun out of the rodent cooking experience!

God that takes all the fun out of the rodent cooking experience!

just to clarify, rabbits are not rodents...they are lagomorphs luv! :)

just to clarify, rabbits are not rodents...they are lagomorphs luv! :)

Ok then, fussy-bum...

God that takes all the fun out of the erm..lagomorphs cooking experience.

I once had rabbit and prune stew in France - sounds revolting but was actually fabulous.

rabbit is actually classed as game and as such it needs treating in a certain way to get the best out of it.

don't think you can rush it and it'll be ready in 10 minutes because it won't. it needs to be cooked for a long time on a very low heat.

rabbit stew is probably the best known and has been mentioned a few times and thats certainly a way to go. i would suggest you cook it on a low heat for at least 3 hours. because of this make sure you cut it in fairly large pieces about the size of a cigarette packet (10 pack not 20!)

if you want a recipe or more advice just ask

rabbit is actually classed as game and as such it needs treating in a certain way to get the best out of it.

don't think you can rush it and it'll be ready in 10 minutes because it won't. it needs to be cooked for a long time on a very low heat.

rabbit stew is probably the best known and has been mentioned a few times and thats certainly a way to go. i would suggest you cook it on a low heat for at least 3 hours. because of this make sure you cut it in fairly large pieces about the size of a cigarette packet (10 pack not 20!)

if you want a recipe or more advice just ask

So THATS why I could never seem to cook a rabbit stew as well as my mother could! I used to let it cook for about 30 minutes and then simmer it for another 20 and it was horrible.

I`ll know better the next time I try to cook it, which will be soon I hope because this is making my mouth water. Thanks for the advice.

So THATS why I could never seem to cook a rabbit stew as well as my mother could! I used to let it cook for about 30 minutes and then simmer it for another 20 and it was horrible.

I`ll know better the next time I try to cook it, which will be soon I hope because this is making my mouth water. Thanks for the advice.

want a recipe?

want a recipe?

Yes please that would be great! I have to try to convince the wife to eat it too because shes from the midlands and at 29, 15 years younger than me and shes never heared of eating rabbit and finds it disgusting. I think im going to have fun converting her. A friend shot one with an air rifle a couple of years ago and passed me the carcasse. I had to give it back because the wife couldnt bear to look at it, plus I didnt think to ask if it should be hanged for a while.