Eurovision

Its a strange world we live in when people quite willingly vote for a group that promotes underage lesbian sex and has a paedophile manager yet can't bring themselves to vote for a group whos government chose to go to war on a dictator. OK, so our song wasn't brilliant, but lets face it, all the songs were crap. If people in Europe are this fickle, why on earth do we want anything to do with them at all, let alone sharing the same currency as them.

to be the only country to have got 0... DEFINITELY something dodgy going on, plus you could just about guess which country would give whom the 12 or 10 points, eg, Greece & Cyprus, France & Belgium it may aswell be renamed the Eurovision least offensive country contest, cos the songs may aswell not even have been shown. I say lets move the UK over to america.

sorry i wasn't that sad to watch it so...........who won?

Originally posted by "t020"

Its a strange world we live in when people quite willingly vote for a group that promotes underage lesbian sex and has a paedophile manager...

Eh? How is the group promoting underage lesbian sex?

The girls are 17 and 18 - the age of consent for lesbian sex in Russia is 16, and here there isn't one (presumably the government can't believe such "deviant" practices actually take place or something).

So how is their manager a paedophile?

Originally posted by "Jon"

Come on jon you know you did.........admit it, theres no shame in it. :wink:

The Winners were Turkey ( I just heard from somewhere, honest)

The whole thing is a joke, countries just vote for the neighbours and make a mockery of the whole scoring system.

Example Greece gave Cyprus 12 points and guess what Cyprus gave Greece 12 points.

Bring back Bucks Fizz and whipping those skirts off :)

I heard Tatu were managed by Trevor Horn? is this true

The Eurovision Song Contest is a joke, the songs and singers are generally very cheesy and the voting has always took on a political slant, if thats the mentality of Europeans in some poxy song competition then can their mentality be trusted politically ?

Originally posted by "The Cycleracer"

Come on jon you know you did.........admit it, theres no shame in it. :wink::

:oops: Honest never saw any of it lol

This contest is a load of bilge and always has been, the songs, the artists, the noise, where do they dig them up from? outer siberia? where is the talent? it sounds as if they are all in pain. I would not pay them out in buttons, it is an onslaught on the ears, call that rubbish entertainment? no way, no sir, I have heard cats making a better noise in the early hours.

If anyone is young today and have got the confidence to stand on stage and make dreadfull noises, they will be clapped and cheered and finish up with multimillion pound contracts, there should be a law against it.

Sounds to me like a lot of sour grapes. If we had won, I bet none of these negative comments would have been bandied about.

Our song was pathetic, pure and simple. It was a shock when it was chosen, as a ballad was expected to be the winner. Then its performed very badly and the writer and performers have the cheek to start making lots of excuses, claiming they could not hear themselves (lucky them!) and the Gulf War is to blame.

Besides this, our name is mud in Europe at the moment. There is negative feeling towards us due to our farce about whether to adopt the Euro and our stance in the Gulf War. We will not be able to justify our actions until Hussein is apprehended and the weapons of mass destruction are found.

Love or hate Europe, they are our closest neighbours and we should be doing more to work with them. We are part of the EU and should take a more active role in it's operation rather than taking a back seat and be dictated to.

Besides this, our name is mud in Europe at the moment. There is negative feeling towards us due to our farce about whether to adopt the Euro and our stance in the Gulf War. We will not be able to justify our actions until Hussein is apprehended and the weapons of mass destruction are found.

so our group, ok, the song was poor, but not 0 points poor, and because our government chose to do something, the group gets punished. whereas TATU, the russian group, also a terrible song badly sung, get rewarded with lots of points for promoting underage lesbian sex and being managed by a paedophile currently in trouble with russian authorities. europe? you can keep it.

Greece voted Cyprus

France voted Belgium

Ukrane voted Russia

Maybe becuase they understood their native speaking songs as appose to an English speaking one and it what got them the votes.

Terry wogan is partly to blame in influenting the TV viewers that it is entirely political, maybe it is but I personally think the words of a song is as important as the musical notes being played.

Terry wogan was more intrested in getting a free holiday in Turkey next year and was begging the second placed belgium to lose because it isn't sunny - they should drop him, in fact put him on that bus going over the cliff.