View Full Version : ESA, JSA, A4E - tips & advice on you tube.

mart
18-12-2012, 05:51
There is quite a bit of info on you tube in respect of ESA, employment, JSA ,A4E etc.

Here is a short clip about refusing to sign the A4E work programme that is actually voluntary, and no benefits can be stopped due to your refusal to sign.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lODxZFWg-EU

DeathAxe
18-12-2012, 10:17
Not seen the vid as I am at work, but if you're on JSA, or on ESA your benefits WILL be stopped if you don't attend the work program.

You can be exempt on ESA but it is very rare.

I don't work for A4E btw.

mart
18-12-2012, 23:42
I don`t think anyone has said anything about not attending a work programme, or indeed an interview.

onewheeldave
19-12-2012, 10:07
Not seen the vid as I am at work, but if you're on JSA, or on ESA your benefits WILL be stopped if you don't attend the work program.

You can be exempt on ESA but it is very rare.

I don't work for A4E btw.

All true- but the OP has not in any way suggested not attending the work program: they're talking about the fact that for the work program to run properly, the likes of A4E need to get their 'clients' (those forced onto the program by the DWP) to sign a sheet of paper giving permission for their data to be shared.

This is not compulsory- the client can withhold that permission, which makes it difficult for A4E to do their job- for example, they can't contact potential providers/employers with client details.

It's possible that if everyone withheld that permission, that A4E would be seriously affected and unable to run their 'programs'.

Incidently, back in the days when I was unemployed and put on a scheme like this, that is the very document I refused to sign- purely because I asked sufficient questions to determine that signing could not be enforced by either A4E or the DWP, so I didn't sign it.

In general, if you're ever forced onto any thing you don't want to be on, any part of the process that involves 'data protection' is a likely weak spot, where the organisation will tend to shove bits of paper towards you with the expectation of getting a signature, yet which you may well be within your rights to refuse to sign.

woodmally
19-12-2012, 10:50
There is quite a bit of info on you tube in respect of ESA, employment, JSA ,A4E etc.

Here is a short clip about refusing to sign the A4E work programme that is actually voluntary, and no benefits can be stopped due to your refusal to sign.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lODxZFWg-EU

Why would anyone refuse to sign a work programme. If I was unemployed I would jump at the chance to increase my skills to make myself more employable. Do people on benefits think they can just sit around all day and do nothing....

geared
19-12-2012, 11:29
Not all of them.............

woodmally
19-12-2012, 12:18
Not all of them.............

True and good on them for signing up for this programme and not wanting to sit on their perverbials all day. What I cannot understand is those that want to refuse this help and refuse to sign. Do they not want a job.

geared
19-12-2012, 12:32
Honestly it'd be very unfair to say without making harsh generalisations.

but I'm sure someone will give it a stab :hihi:

harestone
19-12-2012, 12:37
Why would anyone refuse to sign a work programme. If I was unemployed I would jump at the chance to increase my skills to make myself more employable. Do people on benefits think they can just sit around all day and do nothing....

Maybe if the "training" was totally crap and pointless. ?

woodmally
19-12-2012, 12:41
Maybe if the "training" was totally crap and pointless. ?

But its still better than sat on their rear ends watching Jerremy Kyle.

onewheeldave
19-12-2012, 12:55

Because they have a legal right not to sign.

A4E training is a disgrace- it doesn't help people get a job. In some cases it hinders them from finding work, by forcing them to spend 8hrs a day engaged in A4E 'jobseeking activity' of the variety specified by A4E which, in terms of actually finding work, tends to be useless.

That means they can't be doing stuff which would actually help them find work.

There have even been cases where the jobseeker has been denied permission to attend a job interview they're found off their own back, because A4E have insisted they attend the standard A4E session instead!

geared
19-12-2012, 15:05
Unless there was some certificate or something worthwhile which could go on the CV at the end then I wouldn't be interested.
I'm quite capable of searching for work on my own.

Although training for interviews and help composing a decent CV are skills alot of people lack.

mart
19-12-2012, 20:30

A4E training is a disgrace- it doesn't help people get a job. In some cases it hinders them from finding work, by forcing them to spend 8hrs a day engaged in A4E 'jobseeking activity' of the variety specified by A4E which, in terms of actually finding work, tends to be useless.

There have even been cases where the jobseeker has been denied permission to attend a job interview they're found off their own back, because A4E have insisted they attend the standard A4E session instead!

The A4E back to work programme was nothing more than a 200 million scandal.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/exclusive-a4e-and-a-200m-backtowork-scandal-7440966.html

sheffsal
27-12-2012, 15:12
Best advice if you dont want to take part in work programe . . . . Sign off!!! Entitlement to benefits is not a given right. Why should you get free money when most people earn their keep and sign documents to share theid information. Personally i think our govenment should look at other benefit systems such as spanish, usa and german. No one is left lngering on benefits for five, ten, fifteen or twenty years . . . Ridiculous system we have!!!

webclinician
28-12-2012, 10:51

At times I also feel that A4E training is not good enough. It is very hard to say however that A4E hinders people from finding work when many have been unemployed for several years in the first place.

sheffsal
28-12-2012, 15:38
Totally agree, if you asked the people moaning about A4e how long tgey unemployed . . . There would be your answer. People who want t work will work those that dont will complain and bkeat about those who are trying t help them. Take away their money and they would soon comply