Sunday League Football - Want to start a team

A bunch of us are interested in starting a sunday league footy team. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to go about joining a league.

i.e. Are there any leagues to sign up to?

Do we need to be affiliated to a pub?

any websites or contacts that can help?

Thanks

Mark

Mark, contact the Sheffield FA and these will point you in the direction of a leafue. You do not have to be part of a pub, simple have a name and a ground. If you have a ground then great, if not then the Sheffield FA may be able to point you in the direction of a council pitch (???)

There are several leagues in Sheffield from the Meadowhall league (you have to provide changing rooms for opponents/refs) which is a high standard, otherwise you also have the Blades Sports League, Regional Alliance, Sunday Imperial and Sunday Nomads. In all leagues you get some good teams and bad teams with the odd nutcase.

Mate,am playing in sunday imperial premier league which is average standard the 1st and 2nd divisions arent up to much but is a great place to start off and arent too many nutters playin,wouldnt bother with meadowhall league,standard is very good and u need to have changing rooms WITH showers which are hard to come by.Before you even kick a ball though it costs ya enuff,kits,nets,equipment,registration fees for whichever league u join.

Good Luck Mate

It is costly to start a team up - and you need players that are willing to lend a hand

P.M me and any info/questions ill try to answer m8

Rob- got your text, i don't think ill be around every sunday as i have lots coming up over the next year- wedding etc etc but i should be able to turn out for a few sunday games if you need any left sided players :D

It is costly to start a team up - and you need players that are willing to lend a hand

P.M me and any info/questions ill try to answer m8

Well we're starting a team up next season, costs I think we should be to cover.

Looks like we will be entering into the Imperial as Blades superdraw are only taking on teams from other leagues, and nomads has packed up.

We have a good set of lads sorted who will be a match for most, loads of cherry picking has happened from a few teams ;)

Currently in middle of trying to get a pitch too, our first choices look like they will be a no go though.