Girls Football Teams

My daughter age 5 wants to join a girls football team, is there one out there for kids of that age, can anyone help,

She's a mad footie fan and cant wait to start playing

many thanks

hi,hope i can put a little light on things, i'm a football coach and the best way for kids at that age is to get them in the park with friends and let them enjoy themselves with a ball. because at that age its all about getting familiar with the ball. hope i was some help.

Ive never heard of a girls football team at that age. I would suggest that you contact the F.A. in Sheffield - look on internet for details.

As above definately - get in your garden with your daughter and start kicking the ball around, against a wall, anything. Perhaps bring it up in school - could they organise a boys and girls kickaround session - obviously at that age there probably isnt anything competitively, its got to be about having fun. Alternatively start a little team yourself.

Goals Soccer Centre do childrens 5 aside football parties if you would be interested in that. Minimum of 10 kids - play footy against each other and then they have trophies and certificates and put some party food on. They are based in Norfolk Park and are on internet also.

Ive never heard of a girls football team at that age. I would suggest that you contact the F.A. in Sheffield - look on internet for details.

As above definately - get in your garden with your daughter and start kicking the ball around, against a wall, anything. Perhaps bring it up in school - could they organise a boys and girls kickaround session - obviously at that age there probably isnt anything competitively, its got to be about having fun. Alternatively start a little team yourself.

Goals Soccer Centre do childrens 5 aside football parties if you would be interested in that. Minimum of 10 kids - play footy against each other and then they have trophies and certificates and put some party food on. They are based in Norfolk Park and are on internet also.

my dad is on the sheffield & hallamshire f.a. and also knows quite a few of sheffields junior teams. he could possibly give you some phone numbers of contacts etc but you may be better giving the f.a. a ring. go to http://www.sheffieldfa.com . my dad owns sheffield trophy centre and has been on the f.a. for over 20 years now.

i engrave all the trophies we do and i cannot off hand recall a girls team of that age group. the youngest i can think of is under 7's.

good luck and i hope i will be engraving a trophy for your daughter very soon!!!

thank you to all who answered, much appreciated, :D

Hello.

I was playing football for 7years but unfortunately came down with an injury. Im 15 now and started playing for a local team when i was 7.

I dont think that any teams take on young girls until theyre 8years old now as thats when i was officially allowed to play in the four counties league.

Best just playing in the park like the other dude said.