Wool shops or lack of them

Please help me I have a half hearted idea about wanting a wool shop as knitting is making a general comeback with lovely new wool that are now manufactured.

I can not think of many places to buy wool in the citY now.

When I was a child there were loads around.Just wondering about other peoples views on the subject and where would be the best location?

Please help me I have a half hearted idea about wanting a wool shop as knitting is making a general comeback with lovely new wool that are now manufactured.

I can not think of many places to buy wool in the citY now.

When I was a child there were loads around.Just wondering about other peoples views on the subject and where would be the best location?

In the city I would say John Lewis' or Atkinsons, in that order.

Out of the city I think the best place from my own experience is http://www.winghamwoolwork.co.uk/

Cole Brothers sell wool and their staff are usually helpful in wool and patterns to buy. Atkinsons sell wool too I think.

there is a new one gonna open on hunters bar r/bout where fruit shop was, very strange to me though i wouldnt have thought there would be many knitters out there.

thanks for replies very interested about the hunters bar one as i go there everyweek

there is a new one gonna open on hunters bar r/bout where fruit shop was, very strange to me though i wouldnt have thought there would be many knitters out there.

Oh no knitting is VERY in Vogue at the moment - its been termed the new yoga by someone famous (Catherine Zeta Jones I think). We could do with a wool shop that stocks some of the lovely yarn around at the moment rather than standard acrylic or expensive Rowan:D

LisaH xxx

I just found this ("The Sheffield Knitting Group") elsewhere on the forums...

Hello discoelectro, and to all the knitters on here who haven't posted in the Knitting Group yet. Glad you found us :) . I'm the leader of the Sheffield Knitting Group on the forum, and you'd be more than welcome to come and do some posting there.

I have been trying to compile a list of knitting shops local to Sheffield, but so far I've only come across a few. I like to have personal recommendations, if possible, from people who've shopped there and have been happy with the service.

I'm not in Sheffield any more, and I have terrible difficulties finding knitting shops where I am. I don't even have a John Lewis. I buy 95% of my yarn and other supplies from internet shops. If you look in the 'Recommended Knitting Links' thread, there's a section of recommended internet knitting shops, and some comments. You'll be able to see which ones offer free postage, for example.

If anyone does come across any kntting shops local to Sheffield that you've used and are happy to recommend, please, please let me know. Post in the Knitting Group about them, or PM me, and I'll add them to the list.

You'd be surprised. Knitting is definately back in vogue :) .

Could someone please send me details via PM about the new knitting shop in Hunters Bar, or post about it in the Knitting Group. If you have an address for it, once it opens, and any views on what it's like, that would be great.

I am sorry, I have been resisting the temptation all afternoon.

Wouldn't a wool shop shrink in the rain?

OK, back to the topic ........

I am sorry, I have been resisting the temptation all afternoon.

Wouldn't a wool shop shrink in the rain? OK, back to the topic ........

very droll! get on with your packing and stop time wasting :D