Warfarin Tablets...anyone taking them?

Been for another blood test today and I asked if the INR target was set at different levels for different people. Apparently they are.

Are you precribed Warfarin? If so, do you know your medical INR target?

My target is 2.5.............

And other peeps, yes I know it's also used for vermin control......that's probably why they gave me the tablets in the first place......:)

But feel free to tell a few Warfarin/Vermin jokes if you wish, we users may be thin-blooded but thickskinned.............:hihi:

My girlfriend's INR target was 2.0. Took lots of trial and error with the dosage to get it stable - it fluctuates a lot. She ended up having different amounts each day of the week to make up to a weekly average of some very un-round number.

The amount you drink makes a big difference to stability - it's better to drink a constant amount (like 1 glass of wine per day) or cut it out entirely, than to drink as and when you feel like it. Oh, and make sure to drink plenty of water :)

My girlfriend's INR target was 2.0. Took lots of trial and error with the dosage to get it stable - it fluctuates a lot. She ended up having different amounts each day of the week to make up to a weekly average of some very un-round number.

The amount you drink makes a big difference to stability - it's better to drink a constant amount (like 1 glass of wine per day) or cut it out entirely, than to drink as and when you feel like it. Oh, and make sure to drink plenty of water :)

I was introduced to it over 2 yrs ago. I was attending blood rests every week, and yes it takes quite a while to stabilise........for the last nearly 12 months, my tests have been cut back to once every 2 to 3 months. I agree with the other advice Speedy_Jim. Thanks for responding here.

I know you can't take quite a few herbal suppliments if your taking Warfarin, and certainly don't take St Johns Wort. Don't know much else tho.

My step grandfather takes them, they cause him a lot of trouble and make operations a pain.

I know you can't take quite a few herbal suppliments if your taking Warfarin, and certainly don't take St Johns Wort. Don't know much else tho.

I believe vitamin E supplements are to be avoided, and also Cranberry Juice.

Unfortunately the multivitamin pills always seem to contain vitamin E........so they are out.

My step grandfather takes them, they cause him a lot of trouble and make operations a pain.

Also certain Dental Treatments can be a problem too.........

Caused a lot of problems for my grandad aswel. But that was down to the inadequacy of the doctors who were treating him at the time rather than the drug itself which did its job perfectly (the problem was that my grandad didn't actually need to take Warfarin in the first place :rant::roll:)

Cant have cranberries.Juice either.

Dont know why,but the missus was on it last year (DVT treatment),and there was quite a list of stuff she couldnt have

I have been on Warfarin now since I had a DVT last July, my INR target is 2.5 :) I still go for blood tests every few weeks.

I have been on Warfarin now since I had a DVT last July, my INR target is 2.5 :) I still go for blood tests every few weeks.

2.5..........snap..we have 2 things in common, bladesgirl :thumbsup:

I usually go to Rotherham General Hospital for mine, but will be switching to my local Doctor's Surgery soon. I will miss the staff at RGH, they have been great.........

2.5..........snap..we have 2 things in common, bladesgirl :thumbsup:

I usually go to Rotherham General Hospital for mine, but will be switching to my local Doctor's Surgery soon. I will miss the staff at RGH, they have been great.........

well i go to the Nothern general for mine and its a nightmare sometimes i have to wait hours for them to take my blood, actually might think about going to my local surgery too:)