Women's football - Is it worth watching?

Do you think women's football is worth watching?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think women's football is worth watching?

• Yes
    • no

thought this was quite topical as it was on TV yesterday - i didn't watch it as iv'e watched women's football before (i'm a big footie fan) but i'd rather watch F1 or american football (which are both crap!)

anyhow, just wondered if people actually enjoy watching women play football - it just looks like amateur footie to me

I like watching it.. although unfortunately I didn't realise it was on BBC yesterday until I had already missed it. I don't see why you say it is too amateur to watch... people pay loads to watch other amateur teams like Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday for example!

I watched some of it and wasn't too impressed with the quality. I think they need more teams, more players to rasie the competition level which will improved the standard of the game.

ive played football since i was 7 n ive been 2 loadsa womens games n watched dem on tv.

womens football in america is better quality than in the uk but its on the increase so in a few years it probs wud b better 2 watch.

tried to watch some of womens fa ccup finals over last 2 or 3 years and was quite impressed with some of the play!--oh and when they get tackled they dont roll around on the floor like some of their male counterparts!

Originally posted by mikeyspikey

oh and when they get tackled they dont roll around on the floor like some of their male counterparts!

That's probably because they're only being tackled by women.

;):):P:hihi: :hihi:

I would have thought that the reason that they look amatuerish is because they can't make a decent living from football and so have to have other jobs as well, therefore they cannot train to the same extent that their male counterparts do. The teams also do not get nearly as much money plowed into them - even if they are affiliated with a big male club.

I've enjoyed the few televised internationals that have been on, but i'll watch any football game.

A bit dissapointed that they don't swap shirts at the end of the game though.

I was going to :rolleyes: at 40summat - but decided it'd just be a waste of time :D

In fact, I'm agreeably surprised at the level and number of teams there are, given the lack of encouragement that women get from the sport in general. As it's more of skilled and precise game than, for instance Rugby, I think it's probably more suited to women really anyway :P

Originally posted by rubydazzler

I was going to :rolleyes: at 40summat - but decided it'd just be a waste of time :D

In fact, I'm agreeably surprised at the level and number of teams there are, given the lack of encouragement that women get from the sport in general. As it's more of skilled and precise game than, for instance Rugby, I think it's probably more suited to women really anyway :P

You should check out the English womans rugby union rubydazzler,

they have a superb side, world cup winners too.

They play at Twickenham and are as respected as their male counterparts by the rfu.

I'd say womans rugby is far more advanced in terms of professionalism

than football.

I'm not certain but i think Kelly Smith is Englands only pro-player at the moment, playing in the USA.

It needs more tv exposure, look what tv did for snooker and darts.

Originally posted by 40summat

You should check out the English womans rugby union rubydazzler, they have a superb side, world cup winners too.

I've seen women playing rugby ... I have a couple of friends who play. I'm afraid the girls just don't do it for me ;) Being very sexist now, but for me one of the attractions of Rugby is the sight of large men rucking and wallowing about in three inches of glutinous mud in the pouring rain. What better way to spend a winter afternoon :D

It needs more tv exposure, look what tv did for snooker and darts.

It was the suggested exposure that made me want to :rolleyes: in the first post! :D

A bit dissapointed that they don't swap shirts at the end of the game though.

Just knew that old nuggett would have to come out of the woodward sooner or later! Why can't men have a discussion about women's football without talking about them swapping shirts!