Sign in to follow this  

Miscarriage support in Sheffield

Hi there,

I am Chair of the 'Maternity Services Liaison Committe' in Sheffield and as such work closely with midwives, doctors, public health workers and Mums and Dads to improve the Maternity Services in Sheffield.

As part of the MSLC Workplan we are looking into how best we can support Mums and families that have suffered lost. As with all things NHS money is scarce but any ideas you have on how we can best serve Mums and families that have suffered loss are greatly appreciated.

I am in talks with the Miscarriage Association about the possibility of them helping us create a support group and phone line.

In the mean time I am building a group community on facebook to support woman and families in Sheffield who have suffered bereavement in pregnancy. If you have suffered a miscarriage or stillbirth and are looking for a safe place to talk with others in similar circumstances please join our group. Or if you know anyone who may want to join please could you share this group with them so that we can together build a place to share experiences, tears,support and lights at the end of the tunnel.

Lost love

Many thanks

Rae