New Knitty Online Now!

The Spring 06 issue of Knitty is just out! About time too.

Some lovely patterns. I especially like Reid and, of course, we have more socks in the form of Hedera.

Reid is nice - I only have little boys though:( http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATTtendrils.html is nice but I dont have a social life any more so wouldnt wear it:S No cables anywhere **sulk** - not that I have any time to do half the projects I have planned LOL.

LisaH xxx

I do like Tendrils, though doesn't it remind you just a bit of Clapotis, but a little more complicated? Actually, I've just looked a bit closer and I've spotted the beads! I'm really going to have to make that. It would be lovely for a cool Spring evening.

I know exactly what you mean about the projects mounting up. I'm in the middle of the Jaywalker socks, plus the socks from the new Knitty have just been added to the list. I've also got the Clapotis in the new colourway to start (when I get around to ordering the lovely Lorna's Laces, that is), and I've just ordered yarn for a top (pattern 2181, scroll down the page) for a friend's little girl. So much knitting, so little time... :) .

For a non knitting newbie to this section, coming across stuff like this:

I do like Tendrils, though doesn't it remind you just a bit of Clapotis

Is somewhat disturbing, but slightly fascinating......

Go on Draggle go and get some needles and yarn and have a go - you know you want to:D

LisaHxxx

Go on Draggle go and get some needles and yarn and have a go - you know you want to:D

LisaHxxx

LisaH - Re the tendrils and clapotis - isn't it difficult knitting whilst wearing rubber gloves? :D

Draggletail, I'm sensing a need from you to embrace your inner knitter. You know you want to. Go on, let me teach you. I'm very good :) . You might want to leave the Tendrils til later though.

How about we start with Nauti? Knit your own prehistoric creature... :D

LisaH - Re the tendrils and clapotis - isn't it difficult knitting whilst wearing rubber gloves? :D

Dont know - never tried:D But whatever floats your boat:P Maybe you could knit this http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/PATTpartyapron.html to wear with your gloves or maybe this is more your thing http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTmarleysghost.html :D

LisaH xxx

Hecate, lisaH you've almost convinced me. Anyone got a pattern for pink knitted handcuffs and matching underwear? :D

Hecate, lisaH you've almost convinced me. Anyone got a pattern for pink knitted handcuffs and matching underwear? :D

Here you go. I think these might fulfil your particular requirements...

You have therudeboy to thank for those :) .

EDIT: Link contains image of knitted underwear and BDSM items. Although there are no bodies wearing the items (and I think they're actually quite pretty in a strange sort of way), you might consider the image to be not work safe :) .

Here you go. I think these might fulfil your particular requirements...

You have therudeboy to thank for those :) .

Oh crumbs, it's not really my scene ..... I just posted spur of the moment mind drivel :blush:

Great pic, though - thanks Hecate and therudeboy :D

Pretty versatile this knitting lark isn't it?

EDIT: actually, those boots are rather fetching .....:hihi:

Oh crumbs, it's not really my scene ..... I just posted spur of the moment mind drivel :blush: ...

Just teasing :) . Therudeboy's posting of the knitting pics was entirely coincidental, I assure you.

I have found some other rather more attractive patterns in a similar genre though, if you're interested... :D .

Now. What sort of needles do you think you'd like? Bamboo? Plastic? ;) .