Gta 4 stuttering on pc game

GTA 4 STUTRING ON PC GAME im running amd a8 apu with 6670 crossfire it plays most games on max settings. it when i set this to even to the minimum setting it still stutter's. fps dont go over 27. but on most of the other games i play they run around 40 to 70 fps

any help would be grate

all my drivers are up to date

Hmm, What hard drive have you got? I remember trying to run it on my IDE slave hard drive. It didnt end well, It couldnt keep up.

iv tried it on 2 my 250 ssd drive and my sata 3 2 tb drive with no success

Ya mean san andreas? If so that game is soooo old my laptop is so bad I can still play it.

Ya mean san andreas? If so that game is soooo old my laptop is so bad I can still play it.

GTA San Andreas and GTAIV are 2 different games.

In response to the original poster, if you have installed any mods recently like LCPDFR or changed anything such as the cars then try undoing those and see if it makes a difference. A clean install may also help you.

Also remember that the game is very CPU heavy and a bad port compared to others so that could be a reason. I suggest you have a look at this thread here and look into "gtaiv command line" http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=494747