View Full Version : Things women do that irritate men!

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 08:47
I know there's lots of things that men do that irritate women, but what about the other way around?

For instance. I bought a new can of shaving gel, not very long ago. I'm quite frugal with it, and it can last me months. What do I find the other day? It's empty. She'd shaved her legs. Why does it take an entire can of shaving gel? The place must be awash with excess foam!!

Oh, and then there's the 'using your wet razor' to do the job! (fortunately this wasn't the case in this instance). They never tell you until you've used the razor, and come out of the bathroom oozing blood and wondering why!

Any other things that irritate?

Ex-sTAb
06-07-2012, 09:10
When my fiance says:

"I'm Fine" or Ignores me, if we are going to have a row i'd rather just get it out of the way not mess around like School children.

Yea my Shaving cream doesn't last nearly a quarter as long now i've moved in with the missus...

skinz
06-07-2012, 09:10
Only one thing that niggled me.

When she's (ex) in the passenger seat and someone walks out in the road 20/30 mtrs ahead, she will never calmly advise you...'careful honey'. She will grab my arm while saying 'watch out' both at exactly the same time and like lightening, scaring the crap out of me.

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 09:20

When she's (ex) in the passenger seat and someone walks out in the road 20/30 mtrs ahead, she will never calmly advise you...'careful honey'. She will grab my arm while saying 'watch out' both at exactly the same time and like lightening, scaring the crap out of me.

Only ONE????? :hihi:

Tasai
06-07-2012, 09:23
I do admitt to both these things! :D I also steal his socks...

skinz
06-07-2012, 09:24
Only ONE????? :hihi:

Yes, all the others were things that irritated her. :(

Mecky
06-07-2012, 09:25
Let's make sweeping generalisations and say that women have no spatial awareness. A generalism perhaps, but not inaccurate.

llamatron
06-07-2012, 09:29
Let's make sweeping generalisations and say that women have no spatial awareness. A generalism perhaps, but not inaccurate.

if we had no spatial awareness we would keep missing the chair and would be constantly walking into lamp posts:loopy:

We have less spatial awareness:D

How do you all feel about nit picking?

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 09:34
if we had no spatial awareness we would keep missing the chair and would be constantly walking into lamp posts:loopy:

We have less spatial awareness:D

How do you all feel about nit picking?

Depends if we've got nits I suppose! :hihi:

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 09:38
Oh, and then there's the 'moaning' about the toilet seat! That really bugs me. I suppose that comes down to the spatial awareness (lack of), cos they obviously back onto the toilet without being aware that the seat is up!

Where's my tin hat?

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 09:41
Then there's the issue of hiding my shoes! I kick them off in the middle of the lounge floor, and when I come to find them, they're not there any more!

ampersand
06-07-2012, 09:42
Talking through the occasional film or TV programme I get to watch and shutting up when the adverts come on, but complaining when I make the odd comment when she's watching Corodalenders

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 09:48
Talking through the occasional film or TV programme I get to watch and shutting up when the adverts come on, but complaining when I make the odd comment when she's watching Corodalenders

yeah I know what you mean about wittering while a film is on, and then saying, I don't understand what's going on, and you have to explain it to them, while missing the next bit yourself!

Fortunately we are a 'no-soap' household. We both hate all of them!

medusa
06-07-2012, 09:52

In our relationship it's the other way round. He can't pack a car boot for toffee and always leaves it to me.

Bypassblade
06-07-2012, 09:54
Sorry it's a 2 way thing; as been said, but we annoy just as much as they do, the only difference is they don't tend to make a song and dance about it like we do.

L00b
It doesn't irritate me as such, but...why do women always go to the ladies in packs? :huh:

For me, it ranks up there with the "I'm fine" (when they're quite obviously not, but just won't spill the beans - yes, did LOL @ Ex-sTAb :D).

ampersand
yeah I know what you mean about wittering while a film is on, and then saying, I don't understand what's going on, and you have to explain it to them, while missing the next bit yourself!

"What did he say?"

" I don't know because you were telling me what Shirley said to Paula about what her boyfriend said to Steve's wife. If you want to watch it, shut up"

"There's no need to be grumpy."

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 09:58
Sorry it's a 2 way thing; as been said, but we annoy just as much as they do, the only difference is they don't tend to make a song and dance about it like we do.

I'm slightly confused with your post! Are you saying 'women' make a song and dance of things, or men?

I'm sure I'm highly irritating in some respects to women, but like you say, it goes both ways. Personally I'd say men make far less of a fuss about things than women do.

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 10:00
"What did he say?"

" I don't know because you were telling me what Shirley said to Paula about what her boyfriend said to Steve's wife. If you want to watch it, shut up"

"There's no need to be grumpy."

:hihi::hihi::hihi:@ampersand

foxforcefive
06-07-2012, 10:00

Yep, that's me!

Also I tell him off for leaving his shoes lying around yet leave mine lying around, the difference being that he never tidies mine up and I generally always have to move his, hence the telling off. He doesn't get it......Most men wouldn't, bless the docile creatures.:)

Bypassblade
06-07-2012, 10:05
I'm slightly confused with your post! Are you saying 'women' make a song and dance of things, or men?

I'm sure I'm highly irritating in some respects to women, but like you say, it goes both ways. Personally I'd say men make far less of a fuss about things than women do.

Don't mean to confuse no I mean men do, after all I am a man or was when I last looked.

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 10:06
Yep, that's me!

Also I tell him off for leaving his shoes lying around yet leave mine lying around, the difference being that he never tidies mine up and I generally always have to move his, hence the telling off. He doesn't get it......Most men wouldn't, bless the docile creatures.:)

At least you know where to find your shoes! :hihi:

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 10:09
I get moaned at for hoarding things that I consider might 'come in handy'. So I end up having to get rid. Then much later on, I have to go and buy the very thing I had to get rid of, cos I have a use for it, and then I get moaned at again for wasting money!....Can't win!

foxforcefive
06-07-2012, 10:13
At least you know where to find your shoes! :hihi:

It is a constant struggle.

'Where's my shoes'

'Away'

'Where's away'

'If you put em away you'd know where away is'

'if away was the same away as last time I'd know'

'Well if you put them away in a place that you know is away then you'll know where away is and where your shoes are!!!'

foxforcefive
06-07-2012, 10:13
I get moaned at for hoarding things that I consider might 'come in handy'. So I end up having to get rid. Then much later on, I have to go and buy the very thing I had to get rid of, cos I have a use for it, and then I get moaned at again for wasting money!....Can't win!

Haha, so true.

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 10:17
It is a constant struggle.

'Where's my shoes'

'Away'

'Where's away'

'If you put em away you'd know where away is'

'if away was the same away as last time I'd know'

'Well if you put them away in a place that you know is away then you'll know where away is and where your shoes are!!!'

Ah...The ol' cryptic conversation routine! :hihi:

shane39
06-07-2012, 11:28
Losing things..
Just losing things...
Aaaagh!

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 11:37
The Mary Poppins handbag (so big that you could fit a patio set in there). Why do they have to cart that much stuff around?

foxforcefive
06-07-2012, 11:40
The Mary Poppins handbag (so big that you could fit a patio set in there). Why do they have to cart that much stuff around?

We have to, to carry all the crap you dump on us cos you're too macho to carry a man-bag!! :rant:

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 11:44
We have to, to carry all the crap you dump on us cos you're too macho to carry a man-bag!! :rant:

OUCH!!!!!...I'm not guilty of that. I have things called pockets! :hihi:

Bypassblade
06-07-2012, 11:47
OUCH!!!!!...I'm not guilty of that. I have things called pockets! :hihi:

I'm afraid that I am guilty of it, that why our lass buys bigger bags cos of me, I hate junk in me pockets.:cool:

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 11:49
I'm afraid that I am guilty of it, that why our lass buys bigger bags cos of me, I hate junk in me pockets.:cool:

Yeah but can she find whatever it is she's looking after for you? :hihi:

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 11:55
How about being dragged around the shops looking for something new for them to wear! Then insisting you 'look after' the bags while they go and try something on. Only to be left amongst a sea of womens underwear trying hard NOT to look furtive. (cos for some bizarre reason, they always put the underwear next to the changing rooms)

pattricia
06-07-2012, 11:59
How about being dragged around the shops looking for something new for them to wear! Then insisting you 'look after' the bags while they go and try something on. Only to be left amongst a sea of womens underwear trying hard NOT to look furtive. (cos for some bizarre reason, they always put the underwear next to the changing rooms)

You know you like it !:hihi:

speeed
06-07-2012, 12:01
"Things women do that irritate men!"

Breathe

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 12:03
You know you like it !:hihi:

Tell me it's not true though!!!...But with my luck I always get stuck next to the XXX size bloomers! :hihi:

angel22
06-07-2012, 12:05
This thread is funny! I never understand why some women complain about men leaving the toilet seat up. It doesn't bother me. Men don't complain that we leave it down so why should it bother us that they leave it up??

Nataliie
06-07-2012, 12:06

:hihi: I just don't get how men can carry everything they need in their pockets!

I try to clear out my bag all the time, and somehow end up with more then I had in before! Infuriating.

ampersand
06-07-2012, 12:06
Only to be left amongst a sea of womens underwear trying hard NOT to look furtive. (cos for some bizarre reason, they always put the underwear next to the changing rooms)

Oddly, I don't mind that!

It is a bit annoying though when she says "I'm looking for a new pair of trousers", but we spend most of our time looking at skirts, blouses, jumpers, t shirts, handbags before moving on to the trousers

I always think she got me there under false pretences - if she'd said she wanted to look at every women's clothing department in every shop I'd have happily waited for her in the benjamin huntsman or the museum

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 12:07
This thread is funny! I never understand why some women complain about men leaving the toilet seat up. It doesn't bother me. Men don't complain that we leave it down so why should it bother us that they leave it up??

At last a woman that it doesn't bother...I think I love you! :hihi::love:

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 12:10
:hihi: I just don't get how men can carry everything they need in their pockets!

I try to clear out my bag all the time, and somehow end up with more then I had in before! Infuriating.

I was out once with my ex, and bizarrely I was in need of a pair of pliers (don't ask), and guess what? Yep, she found a pair in the bottom of her handbag! What the hell they were doing there is a complete mystery. Even she didn't know! :hihi:

Nataliie
06-07-2012, 12:11
I was out once with my ex, and bizarrely I was in need of a pair of pliers (don't ask), and guess what? Yep, she found a pair in the bottom of her handbag! What the hell they were doing there is a complete mystery. Even she didn't know! :hihi:

:hihi: Ohh I've got a friend like that! She has scissors, cellotape and everything else you could possibly need!

Bypassblade
06-07-2012, 12:13
Yeah but can she find whatever it is she's looking after for you? :hihi:

Can she heckers like, Pete, its a rite performance looking for her lighter when she wants a ciggy.

angel22
06-07-2012, 12:14

Sounds like my handbag! (Or my suitcase as my OH calls it!) I have everything in there!! I was searching in there for something the other day and couldn't find what i was looking for so i took some stuff out while i looked. The items taken out included a pair of socks, a pot noodle and a candle! My sister's boyfriend just shook his head and said 'i'm not even gunna ask!'

littletam
06-07-2012, 12:20
borrowing socks lol

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 12:20
Sounds like my handbag! (Or my suitcase as my OH calls it!) I have everything in there!! I was searching in there for something the other day and couldn't find what i was looking for so i took some stuff out while i looked. The items taken out included a pair of socks, a pot noodle and a candle! My sister's boyfriend just shook his head and said 'i'm not even gunna ask!'

Now that's just plain weird! Any pliers? No wonder you can't find anything! :confused:

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 12:21
Can she heckers like, Pete, its a rite performance looking for her lighter when she wants a ciggy.

Suprised she can find the fags? :hihi:

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 12:23
borrowing socks lol

Yeah..That's a particular irritant. Strangely she never borrows my underwear!

Bypassblade
06-07-2012, 12:25
Yeah..That's a particular irritant. Strangely she never borrows my underwear!

Ah but do you borrow hers?:)

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 12:35
Ah but do you borrow hers?:)

Not that she's aware of! :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Lushcannon
06-07-2012, 12:40
wake up when i come in at 3am.

Forumosaurus
06-07-2012, 12:42
Taking ages to tell a story, going off on stupid tangents.

I'm much happier single.

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 12:48
Me agreeing to wash the pots, and because I don't immediately get up and do it, as soon as the words have left my mouth...in she goes and starts thrashing around clanging and banging, doing it herself!

I wouldn't mind, but I have to turn up the TV to get over the din she makes!

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 13:07
wake up when i come in at 3am.

Now that IS inconsiderate...her waking up I mean! :hihi:

perplexed
06-07-2012, 13:20
Thankfully my wife doesn't like clothes shopping.

However, on the occasions when she needs something, she'll vanish into the changing rooms with two or three items.

I'll wait outside. And wait. And wait...

Other women come and go, with half a dozen items. The occupancy of the other changing cubicles turns over several times...

My wife only went in with two items.

What the hell does she do in there?

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 13:25
Thankfully my wife doesn't like clothes shopping.

However, on the occasions when she needs something, she'll vanish into the changing rooms with two or three items.

I'll wait outside. And wait. And wait...

Other women come and go, with half a dozen items. The occupancy of the other changing cubicles turns over several times...

My wife only went in with two items.

What the hell does she do in there?

It's one of the irritating mysteries in life. It's a bit like those kinda padded sort of pencil cases all women have, and we have no clue what they contain (even if we had a look). You know, the ones they use when putting their face on! :suspect:

Bypassblade
06-07-2012, 13:28
The one thing I never understand is when I want a pee, I'm in and out sharpish (washed hands of course), our lass goes; I need another shave when she comes out.

janie48
06-07-2012, 13:28
My husband used to say i talked too much,don't get the chance much these days .Oh and i was obsessed with housework.

Jeez i havn't half changed a lot lately.:hihi:

skinz
06-07-2012, 13:37
At last a woman that it doesn't bother...I think I love you! :hihi::love:

..he says while pi55in all over the toilet seat.

Nataliie
06-07-2012, 13:40
The one thing I never understand is when I want a pee, I'm in and out sharpish (washed hands of course), our lass goes; I need another shave when she comes out.

Because she's not actually having a wee? Does she shower a lot too? :hihi:

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 14:00
The worst is when they've had a hairdo, or painted their toe nails, or got something new on, and (god forgive me for saying this)...You don't actually notice!!!!!...That's worth at least 2 days silent treatment!

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 14:00
..he says while pi55in all over the toilet seat.

Don't get me started on that subject!!!! :suspect:

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 14:05
Oh..and then there's the classic. I have a wash and shave and or a shower, and decide to put some aftershave on. The classic question... "Why are you wearing aftershave?"

barleycorn
06-07-2012, 14:19

Because women are irrational.

jb

howden
06-07-2012, 15:06
Women in supermarkets,
Why do they wait until everything is scanned and packed away before searching for their purse to pay?
Drives me crazy, they stand in the queue just staring at other peoples shopping on the conveyors, why dont they get their purse out then?

Also, paying by credit card when they have spent two quid, same routine, search for purse, open purse, shake purse up and down, pretend there is not enough change, pull out credit card, glasses, wrong pin number. So it goes on, put card away, put purse away.
No rush love.

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 16:38
Women in supermarkets,
Why do they wait until everything is scanned and packed away before searching for their purse to pay?
Drives me crazy, they stand in the queue just staring at other peoples shopping on the conveyors, why dont they get their purse out then?

Also, paying by credit card when they have spent two quid, same routine, search for purse, open purse, shake purse up and down, pretend there is not enough change, pull out credit card, glasses, wrong pin number. So it goes on, put card away, put purse away.
No rush love.

Now that you mention it, I've noticed that too! :hihi:

rosemary19
06-07-2012, 16:44
Having fun you lot.

PeteMorris
06-07-2012, 16:52
Having fun you lot.

Why?...Does a lot of it ring true?...Ring any bells? :hihi::hihi:

Aries22
06-07-2012, 17:16
My other half never put things away, just dropped things on the floor. My mothers favorite saying was A place for everything and everything in its place. I do know where everything is and it is annoying when the item you want is not in its place, drives me potty.

PeteMorris
07-07-2012, 08:53
What's the matter?......."Nothing"

An answer like that just means we have to start worrying!

shane39
07-07-2012, 10:50
A typical shopping trip with the ex (yes ex) would last about 4 hours.
Trying this top on,trying those shoes on.I would follow her around like a faithful dog.
If i was lucky i would get about 5 minutes to look at mens clothes.Then she would say.'come on Shane,i aint got all day'

Mecky
07-07-2012, 12:44
Why o why do women get on the bus and ask the driver for the fair to such and such road, which they don't actually know the name of but spend 5 minutes waving their arms about at the driver trying to explain which stop they want, before rummaging around in their bag for another 2 minutes trying to find their purse? Then they rummage around in their purse trying to find the exact fair, in the most possible coinage, before dropping it all on the floor.

janie48
07-07-2012, 13:41
Why o why do women get on the bus and ask the driver for the fair to such and such road, which they don't actually know the name of but spend 5 minutes waving their arms about at the driver trying to explain which stop they want, before rummaging around in their bag for another 2 minutes trying to find their purse? Then they rummage around in their purse trying to find the exact fair, in the most possible coinage, before dropping it all on the floor.

Youv'e met me.:hihi:

Isabelle
07-07-2012, 13:49
A typical shopping trip with the ex (yes ex) would last about 4 hours.
Trying this top on,trying those shoes on.I would follow her around like a faithful dog.
If i was lucky i would get about 5 minutes to look at mens clothes.Then she would say.'come on Shane,i aint got all day'

I had the same problem, my ex used to spend ages looking for jeans, shirts etc and I would be so bored I could have cried, yet when I wanted to look at one single thing....:rant:

janie48
07-07-2012, 13:58
My other half never put things away, just dropped things on the floor. My mothers favorite saying was A place for everything and everything in its place. I do know where everything is and it is annoying when the item you want is not in its place, drives me potty.

I've seen your post on another thread,your a woman complaining about a man. Are you allowed to do that on here.:rolleyes:

I'm applauding you though. :clap:

janie48
07-07-2012, 14:09
I had the same problem, my ex used to spend ages looking for jeans, shirts etc and I would be so bored I could have cried, yet when I wanted to look at one single thing....:rant:

Hope it was you that ended that relationship Isabelle,stay clear of that Master/slave carry on.:)

Isabelle
07-07-2012, 14:13
Hope it was you that ended that relationship Isabelle,stay clear of that Master/slave carry on.:)

I have been happily single for just over a year :D
And I intend to stay that way.... :suspect:

janie48
07-07-2012, 14:57
I have been happily single for just over a year :D
And I intend to stay that way.... :suspect:

I've been single for four years now,before that i had the best,so the next one would have a lot to live up to.
They're has been one brief encounter,but when youv'e got used to the selfish life like i have and someone starts coming round too much expecting me to put the kettle on too often, and wanting to take charge of the remote control,its time to get rid.
Although one member of my family says i'm not in a position to be so fussy now i'm getting on a bit.:hihi:

Redyam
07-07-2012, 15:01

A wife was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband. Suddenly, her husband burst into the kitchen. "Careful!" he said "CAREFUL! Put in some more butter! Oh my GOD! You're cooking too many at once. TOO MANY! Turn them! TURN THEM NOW! We need more butter. Oh my GOD! WHERE are we going to get MORE BUTTER? They're going to STICK! Careful CAREFUL! I said be CAREFUL! You NEVER listen to me when you're cooking! Never! Turn them! Hurry up! Are you CRAZY? Have you LOST your mind? Don't forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the salt. USE THE SALT! THE SALT!" The wife stared at him. "What in the world is wrong with you!? You think I don't know how to fry a couple of eggs?" The husband calmly replied "I just wanted to show you what it feels like when I'm driving".

Downsunder
07-07-2012, 15:46
She's got this terrible habit of saying 'eh?' to everything I say - as if she hasn't heard me. So I just repeat what I said. After a while I realise I'm saying everything 2 or 3 times and we are beginning to sound like 2 doddering old deaf farts.

Lately I've been refusing to repeat myself . . and whadderyerknow!! She hears me the first time! The 'eh?' is just an annoying, irritating habit.

cressida
08-07-2012, 07:04
Did you read about the guy who pays his wife 350 a week?

He calls it 'No Nag Money'

Suffragette1
08-07-2012, 07:47
Some funny posts on here. I also do not understand why women drag their partners around shopping, when they are shopping for themselves. I see endless bored looking and uncomfortable men in shoe shops and women's clothing outlets/departments. Nor do I get the going off to the loo in packs thing either.

some guy
08-07-2012, 22:52
Bloody shopping!

PeteMorris
09-07-2012, 11:24
Some funny posts on here. I also do not understand why women drag their partners around shopping, when they are shopping for themselves. I see endless bored looking and uncomfortable men in shoe shops and women's clothing outlets/departments. Nor do I get the going off to the loo in packs thing either.

The going off in packs to the loo doesn't irritate me so much as intrigues me. I never really understood that. Just imagine a bunch of fellas doing the same. Or even asking someone if they're coming to the loo with you! It's just not right. I don't know, but I imagine even gay men would find it very odd!

*Ryan*
09-07-2012, 11:34
What's the matter?......."Nothing"

An answer like that just means we have to start worrying!

Haaaa Oh yes!!

Somethings up, your quiet.. Erm no im not!

Powerage
09-07-2012, 13:08
The going off to the loo thing is to talk about our menfolk so they can't hear us of course!!

Never go shopping with my fella he spends hours and hours mainly in DIY and tool shops, I have no interest in shopping really at all, only do it when I have to.

PeteMorris
09-07-2012, 13:14
The going off to the loo thing is to talk about our menfolk so they can't hear us of course!!

Never go shopping with my fella he spends hours and hours mainly in DIY and tool shops, I have no interest in shopping really at all, only do it when I have to.

So the loo thing is purely and simply gossip? You realise of course that blokes talk about their womens stuff, or even worse about other women while you're all congregating in the loo? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Not that I would partake in those sort of activities, it's just what I've heard!...:suspect:

NightFlight
09-07-2012, 13:17
Is it all women or just mine that is useless at shopping? (which I find odd, you'd've thought that a species with such a love of shopping might actually be good at it? no?)
Ratehr mine will have us trapsing from one of the supermarket to the other, and back again due to a complete inability to think logically and systematically and then seems to be incapable of packing bags correctly.
For those women unsure of the procedure, No, you don't just sling stuff in as soon as they've been scanned, it starts at the other end.

You unpack the trolley onto the belt thoughtfully, yep frozen stuff together, bottles together, meat together, but give thought to what is going to go in what bag, unpack the trolley a bag load at a time, and put it on the belt in the order you want it off at and in the groupings you want to pack it in. Solid square/rectangular objects, such as yoghurt multipacks, meat trays work well as bag bottoms from which to work from

A bag should be packed fully and squarely, this facilitates two later steps, firstly, it makes the packed bags easier to stack in the trolley, and later the boot. and secondly, being a series of cubes the correctly packed bags are then more stable, thus when you arrive home, the groceries are still in the bags, upright and ready for lifting out.
If you jsut sling tins into a bag, along with some fruit, and some packets of sauce mix, and dump the loaf of bread on top.. it'll be all over the boot, the bread will be squashed and the end of the world will ensue.

PeteMorris
09-07-2012, 13:36
Is it all women or just mine that is useless at shopping? (which I find odd, you'd've thought that a species with such a love of shopping might actually be good at it? no?)
Ratehr mine will have us trapsing from one of the supermarket to the other, and back again due to a complete inability to think logically and systematically and then seems to be incapable of packing bags correctly.
For those women unsure of the procedure, No, you don't just sling stuff in as soon as they've been scanned, it starts at the other end.

You unpack the trolley onto the belt thoughtfully, yep frozen stuff together, bottles together, meat together, but give thought to what is going to go in what bag, unpack the trolley a bag load at a time, and put it on the belt in the order you want it off at and in the groupings you want to pack it in. Solid square/rectangular objects, such as yoghurt multipacks, meat trays work well as bag bottoms from which to work from

A bag should be packed fully and squarely, this facilitates two later steps, firstly, it makes the packed bags easier to stack in the trolley, and later the boot. and secondly, being a series of cubes the correctly packed bags are then more stable, thus when you arrive home, the groceries are still in the bags, upright and ready for lifting out.
If you jsut sling tins into a bag, along with some fruit, and some packets of sauce mix, and dump the loaf of bread on top.. it'll be all over the boot, the bread will be squashed and the end of the world will ensue.

Crikey, that's all a bit regimented isn't it? All very logical I suppose!

And so endeth todays lesson in supermarket bag packing! :hihi:

twibstix
09-07-2012, 13:37
Apparently, i'm enough to make a nun swear!!!!! I have no idea what he means x

PeteMorris
09-07-2012, 13:59
Apparently, i'm enough to make a nun swear!!!!! I have no idea what he means x

Lots of dirty habits? :gag::hihi: (or is that monks? :hihi:)

kimmelia1971
09-07-2012, 14:31

Well said Angel22, I totally agree ;)

Nataliie
09-07-2012, 14:48
I like shopping by myself, I can go where I want and stand around in a shop for as little or long as possible. I can be done quickly too.

shane39
09-07-2012, 19:38

Too right!

I hate it when the lady on the till says 'do you need any help with your packing?'
I' m the best packer in town! I walk through the saloon doors at Tesco's n all goes quiet. The ladies mutter to each other 'Wow! it's the fastest packer in town'

IT'S HEAVY STUFF TO THE BOTTOM.LIGHT STUFF TO THE TOP...:rant: