Looking for Frank Parkin, Royal Signals 1945/49

:roll: Looking for Frank Parkin who served in the Royal Signals from 1945 to 1949 and spent 1946/7 in Jerusalem with my husband Cyril Brown. We live in Florida now and we are visiting Sheffield in July and my husband lost contact with Frank many years ago and would love to hear from him or his family. Can anyone help locate Frank? We will reply to all emails. Hopefully we will hear from Frank soon or his relatives. Thanks. Joyce and Cyril Brown

Welcome to the forums. I have moved your topic to a more appropriate area. Good luck with your search.

PS. I didn't add those rolling eyes - they were already there!

Hello,

My grandfather was Henry Parkin, his brother was Frank. Not sure if it is the same Frank as I am unsure if he was in the service but if you can remember any family details? I may be able to determine if he is.

J

You could visit 38 Signal Regiment at Manor Top when you arrive here. They have signals association meetings and dinners once a month. :thumbsup:

38 Sigs is a TA regiment, I was on the permanent staff there when it was on Barnsley Road, although the M.T. was at meadowhead. They wouldn't know but Signals Records would know probably or MOD. You could also contact the British Legion or Chelsea Hospital. Was he in the Palestine Police in the 40s or regular army.