Jessops consultant attitude

it feels like all i ask on here is bad stuff but heres a bit of background

i saw my own consultant on thursday last week nd she told me to come back for a scan this week and to book early induction (38 weeks), but i couldnt get to her clinic days because of family commitments this week, so had to make one on another day (today), the scan went well, it was the same woman whose done 4 of my others but the consultant was really snotty and it felt as though he was making me feel 2 feet tall,

first thing he said was, what you here for? without even looking at the list of notes MY consultant had specifically put to him.

then said to me good luck getting a scan, when i told him id already had it, he said oh yeah its you that took up an emergency one (even though my consultant made the scan appointment herself), and then started saying i shouldnt be induced at all nd wasnt going to make the induction appointment.

he then looked through my notes nd decided he should make the appointment afterall, it was as though he was like "your not my patient youve took up my appointments so why should i care "

so my question is can you make a complaint against a jessops consultant thats not your own consultant???

so sorry for the long post :help:

If you're unhappy with how you've been treated by somebody in the NHS, then you should complain

I'm curious as to what 'family commitments' were more important than consistent care for you and your baby if it's necessary for you to have a consultant though

its my nans funeral thursday and that is something i cannot and dont want to miss as we were really close, my baby is fine growing as he should, right size, normal heartbeat, which is why they are inducing me at 38 weeks and not now (im 36 weeks on thursday), its me and my health after baby is born that my consultant is concerned about as i have been in and out of hospital with severe vomiting/nausea and dehydration since being 5 weeks pregnant as well as persistant headache for the past 3 weeks, shes concerned about the effects on my body afterwards by all the vomiting and that my baby is taking more out of me than i can physically get into my body because of persistant vomiting.

Edited by XgirlieX
didnt make sense

It sounds like you've had a pretty rough ride of it. I don't blame you for refusing to miss your nan's funeral either!

The 'attitude' you received may have been due to personality clashes between consultants rather than being aimed at you, but that's no excuse to treat you that way

I hope the birth all goes well :)

If you're unhappy with how you've been treated by somebody in the NHS, then you should complain

I'm curious as to what 'family commitments' were more important than consistent care for you and your baby if it's necessary for you to have a consultant though

I often missed or changed my consultant appointments, they assigned me to one because my first child was born at 36 weeks, even though I've had another, overdue at 41 weeks, and one at 39 weeks - just a load of extra pointless appointments where they seem to tell me nothing of importance :hihi:

You should definitely complain though, if you felt in any way unhappy with your consultant.

Edit to change 6 weeks to 36 weeks, I guess 6 weeks would be worthy of a consultant :|:lol:

Edited by Leah-Lacie

this is my first baby so have nothing to compare stuff to, my consultant is lovely ive seen her twice, once when i was admitted at 12 weeks, and then again the other day, she explained everything in great detail to both me and my partner, knows what its been like for me as she said she was exactly the same, she said she was left to 42 weeks but she was too weak to look after her baby and had to be admitted into hospital herself for the lack of nutrients and the engery to look after her baby. shes only got involved as a follow up because i was told to go to triage other week as they thought my waters were leaking (they wernt) the nurses were concerned to the amount of times id been in with the sickness and i should have been monitered so they booked me an appointment with the consultant.

ive been on numerous kinds of medication to try stop the vomiting but nothing has worked, im "inspecting" the bathroom about 6 times a day when its not so bad!! since being about 5/6 weeks gone.

Get in touch with the PALS service I'm sure they can help out with complaints. Sorry to hear you feel you haven't received good care, I kinda know what you mean though. I was consultant led for my last baby and instead of looking through my notes, every time I saw them they would ask my why I was there. They are so busy though and I guess understaffed and have too many patients.

I too had a horrible experience with one consultant at Jessops and wish I had done more to complain but I had a new baby to look after.

Does his surname start with A by any chance??

The consultant i have seen wasn't particularly pleasant would be interested to know who you saw although mine didn't have a surname starting with A.

If your not happy complain its your right and i think all to often we let these things pass. I hope you get to see your original consultant.

It sounds like you've had a pretty rough ride of it. I don't blame you for refusing to miss your nan's funeral either!

The 'attitude' you received may have been due to personality clashes between consultants rather than being aimed at you, but that's no excuse to treat you that way

I hope the birth all goes well :)

Was it really necessary to ask the OP what her personal situation was? Glad the reasons met with your approval.

I was mistakenly put under consultant led care but never got to see the consultant I was assigned, not through the Nhs anyway. Surname begin with F by any chance?